Do I really have to take an AI like Arimidex during TRT? I think it makes me miserable.

Buy Lab Tests Online

DarkMan X

Given my estrogen levels below - what would happen if I stopped taking my Arimidex 2mg / week (taken for about like 10 months)?? I only ask this because many people on this forum say very nasty things about Arimidex... Is the only real possible side effect really just gynecomastia?

P.S. - This post by Nelson also makes me wonder - because I am "obese":
Heavier Men May Require Higher TRT Doses

1660788647449.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DarkMan X

Not everyone is going to get gyno, you need a specific gene for you to get gyno.
Despite a semi-decent libido, I feel emotionally f*ckng miserable.

After reading Nelson's post, and many other folks' complaints here about AI's - I must say that I blame my misery on Arimidex! Totally on Arimidex!

If you feel I'm UNJUSTIFIED in blaming Arimidex for most emotional problems that started after starting TRT, please explain why??

FangFang

Despite a semi-decent libido, I feel emotionally f*ckng miserable.

After reading Nelson's post, and many other folks' complaints here about AI's - I must say that I blame my misery on Arimidex! Totally on Arimidex!

If you feel I'm UNJUSTIFIED in blaming Arimidex for most emotional problems that started after starting TRT, please explain why??

DarkMan x, You are going to have to experiment some. Everyone is different. Take a break on it, and get a new blood test after a month or two. See how you feel and see what your new numbers look like. I dropped AI and felt great for a few months. Now I'm looking at adding it back in but at maybe 25% of what was originally prescribed. It's a long process so be patient and be willing to try changes!

DarkMan X

DarkMan x, You are going to have to experiment some. Everyone is different. Take a break on it, and get a new blood test after a month or two. See how you feel and see what your new numbers look like. I dropped AI and felt great for a few months. Now I'm looking at adding it back in but at maybe 25% of what was originally prescribed. It's a long process so be patient and be willing to try changes!

Okay, I'll try that.

Wilson7

The problem with anastrozole is the half life, around 48 hrs. If you take 2 mg a week, you're crashing your E2 right after then it soars right before the next dose, no wonder you're an emotional train wreak. There are much better ways to manage E2 IMO but not anything that is available in the US. AIs were created to crush E2 in post meno women with BC, not to micro manage E2 in men. It is one of the most abused and unnecessary (again IMO) drugs in HRT, E2 management. Even the BB community is getting away from AIs (E2 is necessary in men). Keep your T within normal limits, small frequent dosing and don't worry about E2. If over 100 then maybe a 1/4 tab every 3 - 4 days, but that's it.

DarkMan X

The problem with anastrozole is the half life, around 48 hrs. If you take 2 mg a week, you're crashing your E2 right after then it soars right before the next dose, no wonder you're an emotional train wreak. There are much better ways to manage E2 IMO but not anything that is available in the US. AIs were created to crush E2 in post meno women with BC, not to micro manage E2 in men. It is one of the most abused and unnecessary (again IMO) drugs in HRT, E2 management. Even the BB community is getting away from AIs (E2 is necessary in men). Keep your T within normal limits, small frequent dosing and don't worry about E2. If over 100 then maybe a 1/4 tab every 3 - 4 days, but that's it.
Nobody ever talks about tamoxifen (Nolvadex). What are the pros and cons of Nolvadex compared to Arimidex/AI's ??

Systemlord

Tamoxifen acts like an anti-estrogen in breast cells, but acts like estrogen in other tissue.

Tamoxifen is the go to treatment for gyno flare ups.

T

tareload

No you don't have to take an AI.

From my reading you haven't done TRT yet.

We're you on TRT in Jan 2022?

1661033571477.png

1661033626560.png

If it was me I'd start with Test dosing in other thread and drop bodyfat.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkMan X

From my reading you haven't done TRT yet.
Sorry for the confusion, but I have started TRT in August 2021 - and only after reading this forum (this week) - have I decided to stop it (at least, temporarily to get my numbers in order).

And yes, I was on TRT in January 2022....

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Sorry for the confusion, but I have started TRT in August 2021 - and only after reading this forum (this week) - have I decided to stop it (at least, temporarily to get my numbers in order).

And yes, I was on TRT in January 2022....
I think he means with the free testosterone you posted of 675 pg/mL you've been blasting, not replacing testosterone. You're likely to have different results on a TRT dose of testosterone, particularly when it comes to E2 and the need to do anything to manage it.

Gladiator

My trt doctor tells people to take 50mg zinc a day. I have been on 25mg for 3 years because it helped with acne. Went up to 50mg 3 months ago and since then I have seen people say they take 75mg a day to help with E2

Blackhawk

I feel you are indeed unjustified jumping to such conclusions. It is a possibility, but not necessarily THE answer.

You are understandably acting from emotion and desperately throwing darts for a solution. However, your problem is not clear cut. You are in deep from taking such high doses, and it is going to take time for things to normalize to a reasonable baseline. Everything for a while will be a moving target, and more knee jerk decisions for self treatment are roulette. You are on an extremely steep roller coaster dosing that high then needing to come down again. You may need to restart taking T, but man, you have to have a reasonable plan and a provider to guide you, and stop roller coaster self treatment.

The pain of lowering dose: I had trouble on a paltry 150mg/week and had to repeatedly reduce dose and spend time exploring dosing frequency before I became stable and happy on T at around 80mg/week. Now I am on much less and doing well. And every time I lowered my dose, I felt like hell. It takes me about 2-3 months to reach stability. You have probably heard that levels stabilize in 6-8 weeks, yes, but it takes longer for the body to fully adapt to a new level.

Be f%^&ing careful with anastrozole. Guys have crashed their E2 for the long term, even feeling they never recovered from taking too much. If your T level falls precipitously and you take 2mg week, you are asking for trouble. I was on a very different T dose, and with much more reasonable blood levels, but I did better lowering my E2 for a while with Anastrozole: at .06mg every other day. That's right, less than one quarter of a milligram a week. Your case is entirely different, but playing with anastrozole is playing with fire.

I am sorry there are not easy answers. Your case is far beyond the norm for TRT.

I'd say your best bet is to consult with your Defy provider. And you may find more knowledge of how to recover from blasting on AAS forums.

DarkMan X

What about “Severe heat intolerance”? “Sweating unusually too much” or “Heat-strokes”? (I’m not sure about the correct terminology).. Would you guys classify that as:

1.) side effect of high testosterone, OR

2.) side effect of 2mg/week of Anastrazole

I’ve had this problem for more than a year (since starting TRT). What do you think is causing this?

DarkMan X

I think he means with the free testosterone you posted of 675 pg/mL you've been blasting, not replacing testosterone. You're likely to have different results on a TRT dose of testosterone, particularly when it comes to E2 and the need to do anything to manage it.
If I understand you correctly - you're saying that in the meantime I must stay on the 2mg/week of Arimidex?

DarkMan X

Be f%^&ing careful with anastrozole. Guys have crashed their E2 for the long term, even feeling they never recovered from taking too much. If your T level falls precipitously and you take 2mg week, you are asking for trouble. I was on a very different T dose, and with much more reasonable blood levels, but I did better lowering my E2 for a while with Anastrozole: at .06mg every other day. That's right, less than one quarter of a milligram a week. Your case is entirely different, but playing with anastrozole is playing with fire.
I once went to my CVS to pick up my Anastrazol, and the pharmacist told me (in my face) - "Dude, why would you take such toxic stuff like this?"... So then I came home, did a deep google search on some "rare" side effects of anastrazole and found out that it can lower your white blood cells... That scared the f**k out of me...

Honestly, I was so embarrassed (in a homophobic way) of developing some gynecomastia from elevated E2 that I ignored all possible side effects of AI's and just BLINDLY trusted everything my doctor said. And now, I'm paying for my blind trust.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me