Declining free T levels

Buy Lab Tests Online

Larry P

Before I started on TRT eight months ago. My free T was 5.1 range is (6.6-18.1 pg/ml) with total T at 462 ng/dl range (264-916) these are LabCorp ranges.

After starting on .25ml of Cypionate 200mg/ml every seven days. I saw my total and free T jump way up. LabCorp Free T was 10.5 pg/ml range (6.6-18.1) and total T was 733ng/dl range (264-916).

When I went to a five day cycle keeping the same .25ml of Cypionate 200mg/ml. My estradiol also went up to 40.0 pg/ml, but with the non sensitive test that is recommended for just women. This is from Quest lab with a range of (0-39 pg/ml). During this time my free T went up to 207.7 range (35.0-155.0 pg/ml) with a total T of 1406 range (250-1100 ng/dl) with Quest labs.

I went back to a seven day cycle. I retested again in six weeks. The next lab results showed free T at 88.4 range (35-155.0 pg/ml) and total at 906 range (250-1100 ng/dl) again with Quest labs.

I tested again six weeks later with LabCorp free T was 9.0 pg/ml range (6.6-18.1) and total T was 805ng/dl range (264-916) free T kept dropping. At this time my Estradiol went way up to 98.1 pg/ml range (7.6-42.6) non sensitive test.

I retested again six weeks later with LabCorp and my free T was 5.2 pg/ml range (6.6-18.1), which is very low and below the lower range, and total T was 856ng/dl range (264-916). I started taking some natural supplements to drop the estradiol and they worked. I did get the sensitive estradiol test from Labcorp and my estradiol was only at 17pg/ml range (8.0-35).

I have two doctors each treating me for low T and both do not know why this is happening. My total T is very good and my free T keeps dropping back down to the very low levels. Current level for free T is down to 5.2 with 6.6 at the very low end of the range and total T is great at 856 range is 264-916.

I did have SBGH test done in May the results are 52 nmol/l range (22-77), so I do not think this is a problem. I will get it done again in five weeks.

So both my estradiol and SBGH are under control and should not be causing the free T to drop.

My questions are does anyone have any ideas as to why my free T keeps dropping and what can I do about it?
Both docs keep saying wait and see if the trends starts back up. I do get morning wood and sex drive is good. Not as good as the honeymoon period, but good. I have been getting headaches, which is very rare for me, and my workouts are still strong and have energy. I am getting concerned about my free T dropping and no idea how to increase it.
My age is 68. I am lean and work out heavy three days a week. Eat clean, no drugs, no alcohol, do not smoke.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

xqfq

What I've read on this forum is that the "free T" ('direct' - officially known as a direct immunoassay) test is not accurate. If your total T is staying good and you don't have symptoms then you may be worrying about nothing.

You can use a calculator such as TruT Free Testosterone Calculator by FPT or Free & Bioavailable Testosterone calculator (both use different methodologies) to calculate free T from your total T, SHBG and albumin levels. This is probably more accurate and reliable than the "direct free T" test.

Some details can be found in the post here: Calculate free testosterone with TruT by FPT

Systemlord

When your Total T increases and Free T decreases, SHBG is the culprit. Your SHBG is always fluctuating and can more than explain your differing results.

Your SHBG may have been 52 in May, but days later could have increased, than when you test it again could decrease again and you wouldn't be aware of it.

Biology doesn't stay put, it's always constantly on the move.

Last edited:

fifty

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com