COVID-19 - Anyone stopping TRT as a precaution?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DarrinC

It does mention estrogen as a possible contributing factor to autoimmune response. However, they have no conclusive evidence to show what role it plays at this time, especially in terms of COVID-19.
However, it does beg the question...’if estrogen levels in women increase autoimmune response to certain viruses such as COVID-19, should men stop knocking down their E2 levels with Anastrozole during these time periods to increase their immune response?’

Unfortunately, due to the hyper-politicized nature of testosterone use, we will likely never see studies on that.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

bp

No, I'm not stopping by protocol. I actually just added in Nandrolone today.
Are you using the decanoate ester Vince?
Any change to the rest of your protocol?, or you keeping everything else the same?

I added nandrolone decanoate 2 weeks ago. I dropped my testosterone ester dosage by 10%, and added in the ‘deca’ at 20% of my new testosterone ester dosage.

My desire was 2fold.

1. An attempt to reduce acne, that could present itself when my testosterone ester dosage was at its high optimal level. (I feel best when its around 1100 usa units, but suffer acne as a consequence.)
I believe its due to high DHT conversion, so my theory is that by switching a proportion of the testosterone ester, for the ‘deca’, the AR receptor would receive less overall stimulus, attenuating the acne issue, whilst still putting my free testosterone in the high range which i prefer.

2. Nandrolones effect on Lp(a). (My Lp(a) is 3x desired limit!
Even the PCSK9 inhibitors which i use only attenuate Lp(a) by 15-25 % (which i know the drug manufacturers were disappointed with, as its not enough to lessen the inflammation effect Lp(a) has on the
artery intima)
Nandrolone however, along with oxandrolone and stanozolol have shown in studies to have a very powerful effect on the problematic Lp(a) LDLc particle. (However the liver issues and henceforth lipid panel changes that come with the methylated testosterone compounds, makes me choose Nandrolone over oxandrolone and stanozolol)

Its only been 2 weeks.
Yet, TBH, even though the decanoate ester suggests a 14 day terminal half life (although in my own blood work results, my body metabolises the testosterone esters at a much faster rate than is documented in medical text.) i feel very very good.
Increased erections, increased penis sensitivity. Acne,....gone! (So with a bit if luck, my DHT conversion hypothesis was correct. And with the riddance of the acne has also come those other desirable side effects.

Let me know how you get on Vince. (Im going to pop this post on the group as a separate thread aswell,....to see if anyone chimes in with any gems if information.)

Regards

Ben.

Last edited:

Vince

Super Moderator
Are you using the decanoate ester Vince?
Any change to the rest of your protocol?, or you keeping everything else the same?

I added nandrolone decanoate 2 weeks ago. I dropped my testosterone ester dosage by 10%, and added in the ‘deca’ at 20% of my new testosterone ester dosage.

My desire was 2fold.

1. An attempt to reduce acne, that could present itself when my testosterone ester dosage was at its high optimal level. (I feel best when its around 1100 usa units, but suffer acne as a consequence.)
I believe its due to high DHT conversion, so my theory is that by switching a proportion of the testosterone ester, for the ‘deca’, the AR receptor would receive less overall stimulus, attenuating the acne issue, whilst still putting my free testosterone in the high range which i prefer.

2. Nandrolones effect on Lp(a). (My Lp(a) is 3x desired limit!
Even the PCSK9 inhibitors which i use only attenuate Lp(a) by 15-25 % (which i know the drug manufacturers were disappointed with, as its not enough to lessen the inflammation effect Lp(a) has on the
artery intima)
Nandrolone however, along with oxandrolone and stanozolol have shown in studies to have a very powerful effect on the problematic Lp(a) LDLc particle. (However the liver issues and henceforth lipid panel changes that come with the methylated testosterone compounds, makes me choose Nandrolone over oxandrolone and stanozolol)

Its only been 2 weeks.
Yet, TBH, even though the decanoate ester suggests a 14 day terminal half life (although in my own blood work results, my body metabolises the testosterone esters at a much faster rate than is documented in medical text.) i feel very very good.
Increased erections, increased penis sensitivity. Acne,....gone! (So with a bit if luck, my DHT conversion hypothesis was correct. And with the riddance of the acne has also come those other desirable side effects.

Let me know how you get on Vince.

Regards

Ben.
I did lower my dose of testosterone. I was injecting 16 mg daily now I'm injecting 24 mg every other day. My Nandrolone, I'm injecting 20 mg every other day. The opposite day of by T. I've had my new protocol for one week. I have cholesterol panel done every 12 weeks, hopefully my changes won't be bad.

Peace brother.

bp

I did lower my dose of testosterone. I was injecting 16 mg daily now I'm injecting 24 mg every other day. My Nandrolone, I'm injecting 20 mg every other day. The opposite day of by T. I've had my new protocol for one week. I have cholesterol panel done every 12 weeks, hopefully my changes won't be bad.

Peace brother.
Remember Vince, the ‘standard’ LDL-C, and HDL-c markers arent worth shit. They may as well ask you what your favourite colour is!

Lp(a)
Particle count
Oxidation
Triglycerides

The only things that matter really in a lipid panel.

Ive lost count of the amount of conversations ive had with GP’s (UK general family doctors) , explaining that my rise in LDL-c isnt a problem, as the particle count has lowered, or the inflammatory markets have lessened, or Lp(a) is lower.......all on deaf ears mate!!!!

The dogma is deep routed,...all they see is the LDL-C and the HDL-C, and they repeat the mantra,...”LDL BAD,....HDL GOOD”
Its fucking embarrassing.

Maybe @Jason Sypolt can chime in too hear.

Vince

Super Moderator
Remember Vince, the ‘standard’ LDL-C, and HDL-c markers arent worth shit. They may as well ask you what your favourite colour is!

Lp(a)
Particle count
Oxidation
Triglycerides

The only things that matter really in a lipid panel.

Ive lost count of the amount of conversations ive had with GP’s (UK general family doctors) , explaining that my rise in LDL-c isnt a problem, as the particle count has lowered, or the inflammatory markets have lessened, or Lp(a) is lower.......all on deaf ears mate!!!!

The dogma is deep routed,...all they see is the LDL-C and the HDL-C, and they repeat the mantra,...”LDL BAD,....HDL GOOD”
Its fucking embarrassing.

Maybe @Jason Sypolt can chime in too hear.
Yes I agree with you. I get my particle numbers checked, small, medium and large LDL particles. I also have my HDL particles check. The HDL particles are not as thorough as the LDL. They have definitely improved on how they do cholesterol lipid panels.

Taz

Just curious to the group. Anyone stopping TRT out of an abundance of caution? Higher rate of male deaths?

Curious as to what others are doing with this protocol?

By all means keep up the TRT protocol and by all means stay with a sound nutrition intake and keep exercising. Common sense and doing everything to stay healthy and support your immune system will help you stay ahead of the curve. Anything to help curb the chance of fighting SARS-CoV-2 and contracting COVID-19 will be beneficial.

Jason Sypolt

Administrator
Lp(a)
Particle count
Oxidation
Triglycerides

Those are great markers. I am not sure about in the UK, but LabCorp has an excellent NMR LipoProfile test. The name is proprietary to them but you may be able to order the same tests included in the panel if LabCorp is not available.

It’s not that LDL and HDL aren’t important, but they aren’t THE important markers. Like basing insulin resistance off of A1c and Glucose. Maybe if it’s bad enough, but we can look at some better markers to catch it much earlier (and then prevent disaster).

Homocysteine and C Reactive Protein are also excellent to check for inflammation and risk of CVD.

DS3

Therapy to reduce men’s testosterone seen as promising coronavirus treatment

Interesting findings - Thoughts/feedback?
"One confounding factor could have been that cancer patients on hormone therapy are treated at home instead of going to a hospital, making them better able to stick to social distancing, Alimonti said."

This confounding factor brings about much doubt in the implications of this epidemiological research.

Interesting? Yes.

However, for any finding like there would need to be randomized controlled trials that are valid and reliable before a true causal relationship can be established. The problem with epidemiological research is that it correlates both highly correlated and loosely correlated variables, oftentimes drawing relationships where minimal to none exists. If a statistically significant number of men in this study with prostate cancer who were currently on hormone therapy were shown to have a reduced risk of both incidence and mortality rates from coronavirus compared to all other men in Italy with other types of cancer, without any major confounding variables like the one that was demonstrated, the results would be more promising.

Blackhawk

Therapy to reduce men’s testosterone seen as promising coronavirus treatment

Interesting findings - Thoughts/feedback?

"One confounding factor could have been that cancer patients on hormone therapy are treated at home instead of going to a hospital, making them better able to stick to social distancing, Alimonti said."

Negates the validity of the entire hypothesis.

Expose those men to the virus and see how they fare, That would be more reasonable evidence.

buckeye22

Just curious to the group. Anyone stopping TRT out of an abundance of caution? Higher rate of male deaths?

Curious as to what others are doing with this protocol?

absolutely not. There’s no Reputable evidence or studies that supports stopping trt due to coronavirus. covid19 is all about comorbidities; ie. Lung issues, obesity, uncontrolled diabetes, bad hearts and elderly.

TestOneTwo

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching