Can you get better TRT response by changing to intramuscular?

Buy Lab Tests Online

copacetic25

I have been on TRT for about a year and have always taken two shots a week Test Cyp + HCG subcutaneously combined in the same syringe with an oral Arimadex dose on shot day.

Current regimen:
Monday - Test cyp + HCG subcutaneously and oral AI
Thursday - Same as above

I recently did a phone consult with a Anti Aging Dr and he recommended I change my injection cycle to the following for better response.

Saturday - Half my weekly HCG dose subcutaneously.
Sunday - The other half of my weekly HCG does subcutaneously.
Monday - Entire weekly Test Cyp dose intramuscularly with weekly dose of AI.

Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

We need details on your protocol, how much testosterone and how much HCG you're injecting along with the amount of AI you're taking. Please also provide your most recent total testosterone, free testosterone, and estradiol (sensitive test, LC, MS/MS) levels. And please, let us know how you're feeling on your current protocol. With this information a good discussion can begin.

ERO

Not overly impressed with his protocol - he is like a decade out of date. Cutting-edge TRT calls for a minimum of twice weekly injections to maintain a steady T level and minimize conversion to E2. You would be better off injecting every 3.5 days (Monday AM, Thursday PM) and injecting both your HCG and your Test the same days.

HarryCat

There was a guy on one of the forums, don't remember if it was this one, who got the best response with weekly IM injections. He had tried twice weekly IM as well as subQ, and those did not work as well for him.

Vitamin_C

I have been doing sub Q twice weekly with 60mg and 250 iu m/w/f and it got my TT to 1047.

I draw up my Testosterone with 18g needle and inject sub Q in delts, glutes, or stomach with 30g 1/2.

maxadvance

Administering an injection into your stomach fat with a 30g 1/2 inch needle and the fat pads on your glutes isn't sub Q? I mean you could make a case that going into the delts could touch muscle depending on body fat etc.

Stomach fat yes. Glutes sort of especially with just a 1/2 in needle, but it would be inconsistent, delts nope. It's a protocol no physician would tell you to do.

ERO

With the odd exception here and there, for most guys there is no difference between sub-q and IM in terms of how well TRT works for them.

CoastWatcher

With the odd exception here and there, for most guys there is no difference between sub-q and IM in terms of how well TRT works for them.

That has certainly been my experience, however, there are men who swear that one or the other method makes all the difference in the world. Occasionally, a member can actually demonstrate a difference with an A/B lab comparison. I do question weekly injections of testosterone, however.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I response improved when I switched from once per week injection on my butt (23 gauge 1 inch syringe) to twice per week on shoulder (27 gauge 1/2 inch). Blood levels have been more stable and the hassle of using a loading syringe and turning in front of a mirror are gone.

CoastWatcher

I response improved when I switched from once per week injection on my butt (23 gauge 1 inch syringe) to twice per week on shoulder (27 gauge 1/2 inch). Blood levels have been more stable and the hassle of using a loading syringe and turning in front of a mirror are gone.

Smaller, more frequent injections...a key to success.

I do TRT on Tue & Fridays IM (quads) and HCG M/W/F SubQ in stomach fat. Works good for me. I tried TRT in stomach SubQ and got bruising, so I only do HCG in stomach. I might move to shoulder as I seem to keep nicking blood vessels in my legs every now and then. I also take 1 AI 3 times a week but on shot days I take an extra dose. I can actually tell when T is dropping as I seem to get really tired, if that happens then I move my shot up. Its odd that the same dose some times doesn't last as long as others.

1Draw

Nelson, where in your shoulder do you inject to prevent injecting into a muscle? Also, is there any soreness, tenderness or pain associated with a shoulder injection? I am not a fan of injecting in the glutes for same reason.

copacetic25

I have tried moving the injections of combined T and HCG to the shoulder as IM as Nelson suggests in his video with the smaller needle, but only once as it made my should sore for two days. SQ doesn't cause any soreness for me, but I am still curious about the protocol the Anti-Aging author spoke about.

I guess the thinking of taking HCG on Sat and Sun is that it would be your lowest Test days of the week before injecting your Test Cyp on Mondays.

But as pointed out above, this protocol still allows for Test to drop off since it's a weekly Test. shot.

ERO

It is an outdated protocol where when you inject Test once a week, your levels drop in a few days so you take 2 injections of HCG to (hopefully) provide a bit more Test at your lowest point. Just injecting everything every 3.5 days makes far more sense, which is why the cutting edge TRT providers do it that way for the most part.

CoastWatcher

It is an outdated protocol where when you inject Test once a week, your levels drop in a few days so you take 2 injections of HCG to (hopefully) provide a bit more Test at your lowest point. Just injecting everything every 3.5 days makes far more sense, which is why the cutting edge TRT providers do it that way for the most part.

Nicely and neatly summarized. Steady levels, better results.

gallan

Banned

This has been the best change I have made in my 6 years of TRT. The shallow intramuscular in the delt with the 27 gauge 1/2 inch is so much easier than any other protocol I have done. I've recommended it to all my gym buddies on TRT and they are loving it as well.

Vince

Super Moderator
This has been the best change I have made in my 6 years of TRT. The shallow intramuscular in the delt with the 27 gauge 1/2 inch is so much easier than any other protocol I have done. I've recommended it to all my gym buddies on TRT and they are loving it as well.

gallon, I agree with you 100%. I love injecting in my delts with a 27gauge 1/2". I do it in front of a mirror (just like sex) you can watch it go in, nice and straight.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me