been on trt 3 years, need more now?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Paddy

Ive been on trt for 3 years. I responded really well to trt. Sexual functioning, muscle gain, energy boost all came quickly after starting. After getting dialed in from 160mg to 140mg/week, 2 injections a week, things went swimmingly for a while. My T on my labs averaged right around 1000. However, my last couple of labs had my T coming in at 700 and 800.
My libido is low. Still functioning sexually but just not the drive that I had. Also Ive noticed that I haven't been sleeping well lately, wake up several times a night and haven't had morning wood for a few months. MY QUESTION: is it unusual for a guy to need more testosterone after a while?
Thanks.
p

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BradWI

I'm basically the opposite. Unchanged protocol - year 1 was 600-688. Year 3 is 968-1051.

Free 22.22 ng/dL to now 33.69.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Total T is the inactive portion of testosterone, Free T is where the rubber meets the road, SHBG levels influence the Total and Free T.

There no way to determine if what we are dealing with is suboptimal Free T or Free T that is too high creating E2 excess, which can cause mental and sexual sides.

You will not be on the same dosage forever, you body changes and may need a dosage increase/decrease in the foreseeable future. You might be able to go several months or years on the same dosage before needing a dosage adjustment.

Last edited:

M.J

I had problems sleeping used to wake up a few times at night, thought it was related to my trt, turns out I was low in ferritin. All symptoms are gone now after supplementing with iron.

Vtail

I had problems sleeping used to wake up a few times at night, thought it was related to my trt, turns out I was low in ferritin. All symptoms are gone now after supplementing with iron.

What was your ferritin level when you had trouble sleeping? And what was the level when sleeping improved?

M.J

What was your ferritin level when you had trouble sleeping? And what was the level when sleeping improved?

Search the forum for:
Sleep apnea/insomnia on TRT can time fix it? advice needed

I was 12 ng/ml had all kind of issues, now I am around 20 ng/ml and i am 90% sleeping normal now but I feel I can still improve it as I am still below range, taking iron daily now

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
For [reduction in serum T with same dose] to be logically true, he would have to have gained weight.
Or reduced his SHBG, which happens to be a common occurrence on TRT. The testosterone dose drives free testosterone. Total testosterone ends up where dictated by free T and SHBG.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me