Anyone have a good solution for back acne?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

My tips

1- Shower and scrub your back after showering. Use Nizoral shampoo alternating with Benzoyl Peroxide washes and a long handle brush.
2- Eliminate milk products (may increase sebum)
3- Avoid creatine supplements (may increase DHT)
4- Get some sun
5-Avoid DHEA supplements
6- Make sure it is acne and not folliculitis.
7- Worse case: minocycline treatment (oral).

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Creatine increases dht? I hadn’t ever heard that.
Probably

bluerage

I'm curious how old those of you are that are complaining of acne. I'm 44 and have been prone to acne since starting trt 5 years ago. Is this something that will continue into my 50s, 60s, 70s etc? Or does something change as we age? I mean I can't remember the last time I've seen someone over 60 having significant acne.

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm curious how old those of you are that are complaining of acne. I'm 44 and have been prone to acne since starting trt 5 years ago. Is this something that will continue into my 50s, 60s, 70s etc? Or does something change as we age? I mean I can't remember the last time I've seen someone over 60 having significant acne.
I have 65 and I have no acne. When I went through puberty I did have acne and that was the only time. When I got in my 50s I did get plugged hair follicles. I still have them and I use sulfur soap which helps.

sokaiya

It's Genetic. I've had it all my life. Finally knocked it out at age 41 with Accutane. However, new research shows that you don't need the original recommended dosages per KG/body weight. 20mg/day for 6 months and you're good. NO side effects, just a tad bit of dryness.

sammmy

Acne has a hormonal and inflammatory components. Many anti-oxidants reduce inflammation by a mild immuno-suppression.

For acne, I would suggest Milk Thistle seed extract (Silymarin), although it may interact with other medicines that you may be taking:

Effects of Oral Antioxidants on Lesion Counts Associated with Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in Patients with Papulopustular Acne

The page has a link to download the full pdf of the study. What I find a bit suspicious with that study is that the reduction of acne lesions is very similar between different treatments (Silymarin, NAC, Selenium) at their selected doses. The question is how come they selected the doses so well that the results are that similar? Unless some variable (for example levels of natural body anti-oxidants: glutathione, superoxide dismutase, catalase etc) saturates and causes the same effect at those doses.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching