Is IM T-Cyp different from SubQ T-Cyp?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mojo88

I went to a new Primary care Doc today, and we discussed a few things. I told him my one and only med is ~80mg per week of Testosterone Cypionate, with TRT being overseen by my urologist. I told this new Doc that I had been doing 1x/wk IM, but have just switched to 2x/wk SubQ, and he surprised me by saying that I will need a new scrip, because the IM and the SubQ have different mixes. So he says I now need T-Cyp that is specifically made for SubQ.

I have Googled the Hell out of this and cannot find anything confirming this. Has anyone heard this before? I'd like to actually know the answer before I bug my urologist.

Thanks, Dave F.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Nope, never heard of this. There's an ever-increasing volume of data showing the safety and effectiveness of SC injections with existing products. There's surely not much incentive for a manufacturer to come up with a special SC formulation.

madman

Super Moderator
I went to a new Primary care Doc today, and we discussed a few things. I told him my one and only med is ~80mg per week of Testosterone Cypionate, with TRT being overseen by my urologist. I told this new Doc that I had been doing 1x/wk IM, but have just switched to 2x/wk SubQ, and he surprised me by saying that I will need a new scrip, because the IM and the SubQ have different mixes. So he says I now need T-Cyp that is specifically made for SubQ.

I have Googled the Hell out of this and cannot find anything confirming this. Has anyone heard this before? I'd like to actually know the answer before I bug my urologist.

Thanks, Dave F.
WTF!

If anything he was most likely meaning that a different carrier oil needs to be used when injecting testosterone subcutaneously which is a crock of S**T.

There is no magic mix let alone a specific carrier needed when injecting testosterone strictly sub-q instead of IM.

Whether injecting IM or strictly sub-q numerous carrier oils such as (cottonseed, sesame, grapeseed, Arachis, and castor) can be used.

Mojo88

Yep, yep ^^^^^^^^^ he mentioned the oil. I was very surprised, but he seems like a sharp guy, so I didn't argue.... trust but verify, haha. I'm having a hard time verifying though...

madman

Super Moderator

Thanks, Dave F.

Depo-Testosterone (TC) and Delatestryl (TE) are the 2 most common esters used in men on trt.

Both use different carrier oils/excipients and both esters are injected IM let alone strictly sub-q.

Screenshot (13129).png

Screenshot (13130).png

Bad enough that there are still some that think testosterone needs to be injected strictly IM.

Now different mixes (carriers oils/excipients) are needed.....lol!

*Regarding big pharma, generic or compounded injectable T there is no secret recipe as they are all manufactured with:

an esterified T (prodrug) whether (propionate/enanthate/cypionate/undecanoate or mixed esters)

* a carrier oil (vehiculum) such as (sesame, cottonseed, castor, peanut, grapeseed)

* an excipient such as:

Benzyl Alcohol
• Solubility enhancer
• Oil viscosity reducer
• Local anesthetic
• Preservative

Benzyl Benzoate
• Solubility enhancer
• Solvent

Ethanol
• Solvent

Chlorobutanol
• Preservative

T

tareload

I mean he is partly correct. There is a retail subq formulation of TE (not TC) in sesame oil (xyosted) but there is no reason you can't use the formulations shared above (by @madman ) subq. Much cheaper to use a generic TC/TE historically used for IM but inject subq if you want.

Example:
I have injected subq and IM , blood work similar on a 3.5 or 7 day trough but I am pretty lean. I typically injected either shoulder or DG.

As shared previously by our resident supermen mods, xyosted without the BA/BB has a longer elimination half life than the historical IM products.

More info on xyosted:

Post in thread 'Test E sub Q?' Test E sub Q?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gladiator

He has been reading to much Facebook. You have trt groups on Facebook that say oil in the muscle only. Them people also run trt at double high range levels.

Anonymon

He has been reading to much Facebook. You have trt groups on Facebook that say oil in the muscle only. Them people also run trt at double high range levels.
I’ve never done anything IM but I know a lot of guys that know their stuff that swear there’s a difference there for them. Probably has more to do with how their body reacts to something IM vs SubQ, not so much the test itself.

We probably do react differently to different esters too. I did better on enanthate than cypionate and know others that claim the same as well despite them being seemingly almost identical and running them the same. I don’t know if that’d apply to how different esters are injected though, moreso just their use at all. I’ve only done test-e and test-c and my free test and total have been different at the same daily doses by about 30% in unexpected directions.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me