TRT Doctors NYC Area ?

Thread starter #1
Hello:

I use Dr Mellinger in Long Island but Im looking to switch. Dr Mellinger doesn't prescribe HCG and he just treats numbers it seems. Can someone recommend someone in NYC or NJ? I was looking at the tele-docs like Defy but none of them seem to accept insurance. At least Mellinger took my insurance. Any advice? I have been on T for 10 years BTW. I want to add HCG due to testicular shrinkage.
thx

A lot of insurance companies don't cover fertility treatments such as HCG, you may be out of luck getting insurance companies to pay for it.

You get better care when you move away from doctors who take insurance, a typical doctor who takes insurance will chase the numbers because insurance companies don't like men above 800 ng/dL and will stop your TRT as a result.

Thread starter #3
A lot of insurance companies don't cover fertility treatments such as HCG, you may be out of luck getting insurance companies to pay for it.

You get better care when you move away from doctors who take insurance, a typical doctor who takes insurance will chase the numbers because insurance companies don't like men above 800 ng/dL and will stop your TRT as a result.
My current insurance (Cigna) doesn't cover my testosterone. I pay at the pharmacy out of pocket. But they do pay for the visits to the urologist and blood tests.