Black cumin extract and ashwagandha extract for sleep.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
Does anyone use Black cumin extract and ashwagandha extract for sleep.

I was reading some studies this morning and it looks like both may help to improve sleep.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I found this :

Yes, there are clinical studies on the use of black cumin extract and ashwagandha extract for sleep.

- Black cumin extract: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study found that daily supplementation with a proprietary thymoquinone-rich black cumin oil extract may increase sleep satisfaction by reducing stress[2]. Another study showed that supplementation with a standardized oil from black cumin may significantly improve sleep quality in people with sleep disorders[3].

- Ashwagandha extract: A randomized, parallel-group, stratified design, placebo-controlled study found that Ashwagandha root extract can improve sleep quality and can help in managing insomnia[1]. A systematic review and meta-analysis also found that Ashwagandha extract can improve sleep quality[4].

In addition, a proprietary black cumin oil extract (BCO-5) was found to modulate the stress-sleep-immunity axis safely, improving sleep quality and reducing stress[6]. A black cumin seed extract improved sleep efficiency and perceived stress in clinical studies[5].

Sources
[1] Clinical evaluation of the pharmacological impact of ashwagandha root extract on sleep in healthy volunteers and insomnia patients - PubMed Clinical evaluation of the pharmacological impact of ashwagandha root extract on sleep in healthy volunteers and insomnia patients: A double-blind, randomized, parallel-group, placebo-controlled study - PubMed
[2] Black cumin extract may help manage stress, boost sleep: RCT - nutraingredients-usa.com Black cumin extract may help manage stress, boost sleep: RCT
[3] Black cumin oil may boost sleep quality, help with stress: Human data Black cumin oil may boost sleep quality, help with stress: Human data
[4] Effect of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract on sleep: A systematic review and meta-analysis - PMC - NCBI Effect of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract on sleep: A systematic review and meta-analysis
[5] Improve Sleep Efficiency and Duration - Life Extension https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2023/12/improve-sleep-efficiency
[6] A proprietary black cumin oil extract (Nigella sativa) (BlaQmax®) modulates stress-sleep-immunity axis safely: Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study A proprietary black cumin oil extract (Nigella sativa) (BlaQmax®) modulates stress-sleep-immunity axis safely: Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study

By Perplexity at https://www.perplexity.ai/search/11401f5c-32b7-430b-9f99-abb5f5bce535

Vince

Super Moderator
I found this :

Yes, there are clinical studies on the use of black cumin extract and ashwagandha extract for sleep.

- Black cumin extract: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study found that daily supplementation with a proprietary thymoquinone-rich black cumin oil extract may increase sleep satisfaction by reducing stress[2]. Another study showed that supplementation with a standardized oil from black cumin may significantly improve sleep quality in people with sleep disorders[3].

- Ashwagandha extract: A randomized, parallel-group, stratified design, placebo-controlled study found that Ashwagandha root extract can improve sleep quality and can help in managing insomnia[1]. A systematic review and meta-analysis also found that Ashwagandha extract can improve sleep quality[4].

In addition, a proprietary black cumin oil extract (BCO-5) was found to modulate the stress-sleep-immunity axis safely, improving sleep quality and reducing stress[6]. A black cumin seed extract improved sleep efficiency and perceived stress in clinical studies[5].

Sources
[1] Clinical evaluation of the pharmacological impact of ashwagandha root extract on sleep in healthy volunteers and insomnia patients - PubMed Clinical evaluation of the pharmacological impact of ashwagandha root extract on sleep in healthy volunteers and insomnia patients: A double-blind, randomized, parallel-group, placebo-controlled study - PubMed
[2] Black cumin extract may help manage stress, boost sleep: RCT - nutraingredients-usa.com Black cumin extract may help manage stress, boost sleep: RCT
[3] Black cumin oil may boost sleep quality, help with stress: Human data Black cumin oil may boost sleep quality, help with stress: Human data
[4] Effect of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract on sleep: A systematic review and meta-analysis - PMC - NCBI Effect of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) extract on sleep: A systematic review and meta-analysis
[5] Improve Sleep Efficiency and Duration - Life Extension https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2023/12/improve-sleep-efficiency
[6] A proprietary black cumin oil extract (Nigella sativa) (BlaQmax®) modulates stress-sleep-immunity axis safely: Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study A proprietary black cumin oil extract (Nigella sativa) (BlaQmax®) modulates stress-sleep-immunity axis safely: Randomized double-blind placebo-controlled study

By Perplexity at https://www.perplexity.ai/search/11401f5c-32b7-430b-9f99-abb5f5bce535
Nelson have you ever used one or both.

Vince

Super Moderator
I order life extension serene sleep.

Ingredients​

BlaQmax® black cumin 200 mg (nigella) extract (seed) [std. to 5% thymoquinone] Shoden® ashwagandha extract 120 mg (root and leaf) [std. to 35% withanolide glycosides] Other ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, sunflower oil, purified water, beeswax, sunflower lecithin, carob color. Non-GMO BlaQmax® is a registered trademark of Akay USA LLC. Shoden® is a registered trademark of Arjuna Natural Pvt. Ltd.​

Take one (1) softgel 20 to 30 minutes before bedtime

Mastodont

t_spacemonkey

i used to take black seed oil (key is to find good quality, I go by rule that good oil will have a 'spicy/hot' taste), but I don't think it did a lot for sleep. ashwagandha also had no effect on me whatsoever, i tried the gaia herbs liquid pill version, which does seem to be a very good brand.
still having sleep issues here and there, and there really does not seem to be magic bullet other then lifestyle/stress/screens etc. what I found is that going of caffeine helped a lot, after couple weeks when withdrawal was over, initially it made it worse

Vince

Super Moderator
There is some evidence that black seed oil is a DHT blocker.

i used to take black seed oil (key is to find good quality, I go by rule that good oil will have a 'spicy/hot' taste), but I don't think it did a lot for sleep. ashwagandha also had no effect on me whatsoever, i tried the gaia herbs liquid pill version, which does seem to be a very good brand.
still having sleep issues here and there, and there really does not seem to be magic bullet other then lifestyle/stress/screens etc. what I found is that going of caffeine helped a lot, after couple weeks when withdrawal was over, initially it made it worse
I guess I'll find out if it blocks any DHT because my last labs I had My DHT checked. I'm going to give it a shot since I use my Fitbit watch to check my sleep score. I'll be able to see if it does make a difference or not.

Belekas

nobody
I've just finished 0.5L bottle of strong, good quallity Black Seed Oil for my gut issues, preparing for antibiotics round. And damn the taste is like rocket fuel lol Drink it down and it burns like high % alcohol :)

Ebstein

I guess I'll find out if it blocks any DHT because my last labs I had My DHT checked. I'm going to give it a shot since I use my Fitbit watch to check my sleep score. I'll be able to see if it does make a difference or not.
How is the Black Cumin work for you? Have you had your labs tested again? I was thinking of starting to take the black seed oil until I saw that it might lower DHT.

Vince

Super Moderator
How is the Black Cumin work for you? Have you had your labs tested again? I was thinking of starting to take the black seed oil until I saw that it might lower DHT.
I'm having labs on April 15th. When I get them I will post them. Be honest with you I don't think they are really doing much for my sleep. But I wanted to continue to taking them so I could post if they affect my DHT.

Be honest with you, I don't think it's lowering my DHT because my workouts are going great and I feel great.
Also, my libido is through the roof.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching