Strange change in lab #s looking for tips or advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

coltsblue1812

43 years old
6'5" 275lbs
Muscular build from years of lifting, though definitely need to lose about 40lbs

Been on TRT for about a year and a half, weight has remained pretty much the same throughout. My question is...

My first set of labs, 12 weeks after I started TRT:

11mg daily 5/16" rotating delts
Total T 664 ng/dL
Free T 163 pg/mL
SHBG 20 nmol/L

Second set of labs, 12 weeks later (6 months after starting)

11mg daily 5/16" rotating between delts and stomach fat
Total T 531 ng/dL
Free T 132pg/mL
SHBG 18 nmol/L

Labs last week ( year and 3 months after starting)

12mg daily (upped it after last labs) 5/16" all shots in stomach fat
Total T 434 ng/dL
Free T 112 pg/mL
SHBG 15 nmol/L

Same brand of test cyp from CVS on each lab draw...the only changes have been injection sites... I would have assumed that I was shut down by my 1st labs (12 weeks on TRT) and also that even in the delts, 5/16" would be subQ (maybe I'm wrong?).... so does injecting in delts vs stomach really cause that huge of a difference? All of my other labs look perfect, and have each time.

As far as how I FEEL... I still feel better than before TRT, but have definitely felt a decline over the past 6 months. I'd just assumed I was "used to it" by now and it was the new normal or something... but my labs show otherwise.

Anyone else experience something similar? I'm actually prescribed 100mg per week (doc lets me decide how/where/how often to inject), but was trying to see the lowest dose needed for results. I decided today to start 14mg per day, my full weekly prescribed amount (98mg weekly) and go back to delts...

Just at a loss why #s would drop so dramatically over time, just switching from delts to delts/stomach, to just stomach...but that's the only real change.

Is there a chance that 5/16" is enough for shallow IM in the delts, or does it just absorb better there for me? Would you go to a 1/2" to ensure shallow IM or just keep it as is (14mg delts only) and re-check in a couple months?

just wanted to see if anyone else had advice or similar things happen to them! Thanks to all for all/any tips/advice etc!!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I do daily injections and similar things happen to my labs. I think at times the vial testosterone strength varies.

Since you do daily injections, I believe you should need more locations to inject. I inject in my shoulders, VG and Sub-Q in my love handles. Every third day I also inject 500 IU of HCG. I just had my laps done on April 15th. They're not done yet and when they are I will post them.

Seagal

43 years old
6'5" 275lbs
Muscular build from years of lifting, though definitely need to lose about 40lbs

Been on TRT for about a year and a half, weight has remained pretty much the same throughout. My question is...

My first set of labs, 12 weeks after I started TRT:

11mg daily 5/16" rotating delts
Total T 664 ng/dL
Free T 163 pg/mL
SHBG 20 nmol/L

Second set of labs, 12 weeks later (6 months after starting)

11mg daily 5/16" rotating between delts and stomach fat
Total T 531 ng/dL
Free T 132pg/mL
SHBG 18 nmol/L

Labs last week ( year and 3 months after starting)

12mg daily (upped it after last labs) 5/16" all shots in stomach fat
Total T 434 ng/dL
Free T 112 pg/mL
SHBG 15 nmol/L

Same brand of test cyp from CVS on each lab draw...the only changes have been injection sites... I would have assumed that I was shut down by my 1st labs (12 weeks on TRT) and also that even in the delts, 5/16" would be subQ (maybe I'm wrong?).... so does injecting in delts vs stomach really cause that huge of a difference? All of my other labs look perfect, and have each time.

As far as how I FEEL... I still feel better than before TRT, but have definitely felt a decline over the past 6 months. I'd just assumed I was "used to it" by now and it was the new normal or something... but my labs show otherwise.

Anyone else experience something similar? I'm actually prescribed 100mg per week (doc lets me decide how/where/how often to inject), but was trying to see the lowest dose needed for results. I decided today to start 14mg per day, my full weekly prescribed amount (98mg weekly) and go back to delts...

Just at a loss why #s would drop so dramatically over time, just switching from delts to delts/stomach, to just stomach...but that's the only real change.

Is there a chance that 5/16" is enough for shallow IM in the delts, or does it just absorb better there for me? Would you go to a 1/2" to ensure shallow IM or just keep it as is (14mg delts only) and re-check in a couple months?

just wanted to see if anyone else had advice or similar things happen to them! Thanks to all for all/any tips/advice etc!!
We have seen this difference in T levels between IM and SC stomach before. If SC is more convenient for you, then I think you need to inject more T than IM. I believe your delt injections were IM.
It would be interesting to know what your E2 Levels were.

Systemlord

You may be metabolizing the testosterone more quickly now that your body is acclimated to TRT. I find extremely consistent hormone levels on Jatenzo! No change in hormone levels in two years if I test at 6 hours or midpoint as last test.

This leads me to believe that absorption via the small intestine is going to be more consistent than absorption via IM or SQ injection.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me