Using protocol change to spike dopamine?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Charliebizz

I have kept a crude TRT journal over the last several years, adding notes every week or so. On occasion, I will review the journal to spot any patterns or conclusions that I can draw with a reasonably high degree of certainty. This is how I often find myself repeating the same mistakes over again LOL.

While many of my results have been non-sensical or confounding, one pattern has developed over time - I almost always report feeling good after a protocol change - e.g., the form of testosterone, dose, frequency, and/or injection method. It doesn't matter whether the dose increased or decreased. Same result. Comments like: "Wonderful day! So motivated and appreciated everyone and everything." This usually goes on for 2-3 days and then inevitably I report an emotional flatness, feeling unmotivated, etc.

Many others on this forum have reported feeling a similar temporary boost following a protocol change. The question is what causes this marvelous yet fleeting feeling? Is it the placebo effect? Or is it a dopamine spike?

Dopa-fiend
I tend to think its the latter and have concluded that most of my issues are driven more by a dopamine deficiency than low T. This is especially true when it comes to libido.

Upon reflection, I realize that I've been chasing dopamine most of my adult life. My family often kids me about being a hobby junkie. The pattern is the same every time. I find a new hobby, research the hell out it, go balls-to-the-wall obsession, surf the high and then lose interest. Thankfully I don't usually waste new gear because I will "rediscover" the hobby at some point and the cycle begins anew. Its a bit maddening, but at least you learn to laugh at yourself as you grow older.

How to harness power of protocol changes?
Is there a way to regularly use protocol changes to manipulate dopamine without sabotaging TRT? The dopamine spike would be temporary since the body will self-regulate, but I would take it!

For example, one could rotate from daily injections to EOD every other week. Or for daily injectors (like me), one could change his dose each day using a ladder approach: 7mg => 8mg => 9mg => 10mg and then back down to 7mg.
I also experience the same thing when changing protocol. Have you ever tried the scrotal cream. I haven’t completely dialed in yet. havent got labs. but 2 months in My libido and erections have never been better. On injections libido was ok. And erections were around 75-85%. Still not sure why I seem to be depressed on trt Seem a bit better on cream. But still not where I would like to be.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Willyt

I also experience the same thing when changing protocol. Have you ever tried the scrotal cream. I haven’t completely dialed in yet. havent got labs. but 2 months in My libido and erections have never been better. On injections libido was ok. And erections were around 75-85%. Still not sure why I seem to be depressed on trt Seem a bit better on cream. But still not where I would like to be.
I've been following your posts on cream. I did try cream-only and just got too amped up on it similar to what some others have experienced. Not sure if that is the DHT increase.
One protocol that has some promise is injectable base with cream for daily variation. I had some success but went back to injections only for my upcoming blood tests.

Charliebizz

I've been following your posts on cream. I did try cream-only and just got too amped up on it similar to what some others have experienced. Not sure if that is the DHT increase.
One protocol that has some promise is injectable base with cream for daily variation. I had some success but went back to injections only for my upcoming blood tests.
I’m on cream for around 2 months. The amped up feeling has gone away for me. I’m doing 2 clicks am 1 pm of atrevis base. I have to wait a few months for labs because my insurance didn’t cover my testosterone labs las time around lol

Gman86

I ran into some problems when it combined with the T4 I was taking, so I stopped. I’ll probably go back to using it at some point in an anti aging way that I won’t ‘feel’ much from, but at the time it kept giving me diarrhea. Mentally I never felt anything bad from it. If I come off T4 I might try it again too. Admittedly after a while though, I was kind of scared that maybe I’d adapt to it and be screwed. Not that it ever happened at all. No withdrawal, either. I didn’t feel quite as great without it but that’s basically just going back to how I was, which wasn’t bad or anything.

For anti aging I would still recommend it.
What are u thinking dosage, dosage schedule and route of administration wise if u do take it again for anti aging purposes?

M.J

I stop hcg every 3 weeks and get nice week or two of libido boost.
It’s not only changing trt protocol that does this. Also stopping hcg (I do hcg 500eod)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me