New Member - 7 Months on TRT - Advice to Dial in Protocol

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rdum12

36 Yr old male, 5' 10", 185 lbs, about 12% BF, exercise regularly. I've been on Test Cyp for 7 months now and liking the results but still feel like I can dial things in to get better results. Below is a rough timeline of my experience.

Feb 2018 - Initial Lab Results
Test - 233 ng/dL
Free T - 2.4 ng/dL
SHBG - 79 nmol/L
Estradiol - Not Tested

March 2018 - Began Test Cyp injections, 160mg one injection per week (No AI, no HCG)
Pros - Improved energy, strength, & erections/libido
Cons - Fairly constant ache in testicles and scrotum pulled up tight, oily skin increased back/shoulder acne

April 2018 - Lab Results with TRT
Test - 1417 ng/dL
Free T - 26.06 ng/dL
SHBG - 59 nmol/L
Estradiol - 48 pg/mL
Doctor was happy with these numbers and told me to continue as prescribed. When I brought up aching testicles he told me I was his first patient in 10 years that said anything about testicle discomfort (seems weird, a quick Google search brings up a lot of info on this).

May 2018 - Lowered dose to 120 mg once per week
I read several TRT books and lots of posts to gain as much insight as possible, decided my T was too high so I lowered the dosage.
Pros - Testicle discomfort gone for the most part
Cons - Libido/erections hit and miss (it was great the first 4-5 weeks on TRT then leveled off a bit), still oily skin & acne

July 2018 - Changed to 60mg E3.5 days
Most of what I read said a lower more frequent injection helps keeps things more stable so I thought I'd try it. I also started taking Calcium D Glucarate thinking my E2 was high... it seems to be helping, acne is less now but still more than I'd like. Also using Nizoral as bodywash which helps.
Pros - I feel a bit better overall on E3.5 day injections
Cons - Back acne & scrotum tightness is the main thing that bothers me

October 2018
- Changed to 50mg E3.5days
Still too soon to tell.

I've been using steriodcalc.com as a reference when adjusting my dosages, I know I should really be consulting with my Dr., but haven't yet...

My main reason for posting is to get some feedback from others with experience, what are you're thoughts? Am I heading in the right direction to get things dialed in?

I have a checkup with my Dr. in two weeks and am wanting to talk with him about possibly adding HCG and/or an AI. I don't really like the idea of adding more artificial substances to my body but if it helps with my overall well being I'll give it a try.

Thanks in advance!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jiu Jitsu Dude

Also, the experts here will want you yo post lab work. That's key for their input. I'm no expert yet. lol

But i'm on week 4 of your same protocol. I'm feeling decent. Great libido on every 3.5 days so far for me.

With the shrinkage some guys can have some pain so that's not unusual and is a primary reason to not have what amounts to an induced organ failure, which is what is happening with shrinkage.

Do you have a new set of labs? Nothing since Apr? Your numbers you did post are just way too high (Apr) but you should have some new labs due. Dosing should be based off your Free T and not the TT.

When my Estrogen was too high, too high for ME, I was all broken out with bacne and my nuts were tighter to the body. That doesn't mean that's true for you though.

Also note there is only one acceptable test for E in males which is "sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS" any other is for females and should not be used.

Rdum12

With the shrinkage some guys can have some pain so that's not unusual and is a primary reason to not have what amounts to an induced organ failure, which is what is happening with shrinkage.

Do you have a new set of labs? Nothing since Apr? Your numbers you did post are just way too high (Apr) but you should have some new labs due. Dosing should be based off your Free T and not the TT.

When my Estrogen was too high, too high for ME, I was all broken out with bacne and my nuts were tighter to the body. That doesn't mean that's true for you though.

Also note there is only one acceptable test for E in males which is "sensitive Estradiol LC/MS/MS" any other is for females and should not be used.
No new Labs, the April results are the latest. As I stated I have a appointment in a couple weeks and am planning on asking to labs again.

Tad1979

There are two things in your post that probably need clarifiying.

The first, what symptoms are left that you're hoping to improve? Anything other than the acne and the testicular discomfort?

Second - I'm far from an expert, but your lab work seems to be at rather large intervals, and there's a lot of physiologic responses going on when you start - I'd say you need more frequent labs to tell what exactly is going on. I've been on TRT less than a 6 months, and perhaps I've been fortunate, but my symptoms responded extremely well to the treatment. We've been getting my labs every 5 weeks, which so far has seemed frequent enough to catch things. My only physically unpleasant issue thus far were about week 4-6 when my estradiol got elevated and I started suffering "soft"/weak erections. I have had a small amount of testicular shrinkage (not to the point where I feel abnormal in a locker room, but my spouse and I have both noticed), but no pain. I expect this is due to the HcG I'm on as the goal is to keep the gonads at least partially functioning. So that is probably a good thing to discuss with your doctor. As far as starting an AI - please don't do it without a lab value to guide you. Going either too low or too high will cause you additional problems.

Best of luck.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching