New here and test results..

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eaglewalker

I'll start off by giving some info on me:

51 years old...6' and 200 lbs. 9 years ago got hooked on Vicodin for about 18 months...got help..got off..but went on Suboxone which I'm still on. I'm weaning off slowly to say the least. I'm down to 2mg/day.

I do know that Opiod use effects endocrine system so there is that.

I use Nicotine replacement as well..Quit chewing idk 6-7 years ago.

Diet could definately be alot better..eat twice a day...Lunch is fairly healthy...dinner is take out. I do not drink Alcohol.

Wanted to provide that background. oddly enough I work for a Fertility Pharma company..So I'm familiar with Gonadotropins...FSH.

I'm single and dating is tough for reasons I'll not get into.

In past 2-3 years I've noticed a couple things:
1- My testicles are half the volume they used to be and my ejaculations are pretty weak. Both of these things never used to be this way.

2- Hair loss. Thought it was my water but it aint...Started getting itchy scalp, flaky..hair loss...I thought must be too much DHT on scalp. Started using DHT blocker (natural one) shampoo and itchy and flaky has gone away and not seeing 20 hairs in sink every morning..

I got full round of blood work done at a Male Clinic.

Everything was within normal range accept Testosterone.. Here are some results with lab ranges:

Testosterone total- 164
FSH- 2.9 (1.6-8.0)
LH- 2.6 (1.5-9.3)
Estradiol- 24 <39
TSH- 2.05 (0.4-4.50)
Sex Hormone- 44 (10-50)

My DHEA level was 180 (38-313)

I don't exercise that much. I'm starting up again.

Seems like everything is wihtin normal range accept total T? and yet my testicles are half size they were few years ago..

I tried Androgel about 5 years ago but got strep throat 3x in 6 months...My Dr. took me off bc she said that Testostorone therapy for some can weaken immune system.

My T levels went up to like 800 with Androgel but I did not feel any different and my testicles shrivled to nothing ofc.

My energy levels are I guess ok for a 51 year old who hasn't exercies regularly...but could be alot better. I sit way too much (work etc).

The male clinic wanted to put me on therapy but they do not do just one thing...It is all or nothing.

Personally i wanted to see what just being on HCG or heck even mono clomid therapy would do for me..but they don't do that.

Wanted to get anyone's thoughts. I guess I'm looking for better testicles, more sex drive, increased energy levels etc..

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Testosterone total- 164
FSH- 2.9 (1.6-8.0)
LH- 2.6 (1.5-9.3)
Estradiol- 24 <39
TSH- 2.05 (0.4-4.50)
Sex Hormone- 44 (10-50)
Your natural T production isn't going to sustain you anymore as you are in a disease state. What makes things worse is the Total T and the higher end SHBG is going to affect the Free T negatively.

My T levels went up to like 800 with Androgel but I did not feel any different and my testicles shrivled to nothing ofc.
Testicular atrophy can happen on TRT, HCG can reverse the testicular atrophy, but the problem is a lot of doctors aren't up to date on TRT and will refuse HCG in conjunction with TRT.

Also it's common for levels to drop after a time do to men absorbing gels poorly over time. TRT doesn't always provide benefits to people who are living crappy lifestyles which is what lead to low-T in the first place.

TRT is no magic cure for bad lifestyles and some men falsely believe TRT is going to fix everything without any effort.

How long were you on androgel?

The male clinic wanted to put me on therapy but they do not do just one thing...It is all or nothing.
It sounds like a T-mill where profits are more important than individualizing treatment.

Last edited:

Systemlord

Personally i wanted to see what just being on HCG or heck even mono clomid therapy would do for me..but they don't do that.
The HCG isn't recommended for a replacement for TRT, especially for older men, you need T not drugs. TRT is the most natural treatment you could ever be on, HCG is a drug, clomid is a drug and the latter has the worse side effects profile and even blocks the effects of estrogen.

Eaglewalker

Your natural T production isn't going to sustain you anymore as you are in a disease state. What makes things worse is the Total T and the higher end SHBG is going to affect the Free T negatively, the active portion of T.

Testicular atrophy can happen on TRT, HCG can reverse the testicular atrophy, but the problem is a lot of doctors aren't up to date on TRT and will refuse HCG in conjunction with TRT.

Also it's common for levels to drop after a time do to men absorbing gels poorly over time. TRT doesn't always provide benefits to people who are living crappy lifestyles which is what lead to low-T in the first place.

TRT is no magic cure for bad lifestyles and falsely believe TRT is going to fix everything without any effort.

It sounds like a T-mill where profits are more important than individualizing treatment.
Thanks for the feedback. These male clinics are all new to me.

Just a brief history...When I was 30 I had my T level checked with 24 hour urine capture bc my energy and sex drive just wasnt up to par. At 30 I was doing 5 hours a week of hot yoga and running 3 miles few times a week. I was at peak shape.

My total T back then was around 280. I just mention this to give you some perspective. I totally agree that T therapy and sitting around all day prob isn't gonna do much....but...Most of my life My T level has been on lower side.

I was on Androgel about 7 months...like I said I got strep throat 3x while on it..so discontinued.

I'm thinking of seeing and Endocrinologist...You are correct that most Dr's will not RX just HCG...I've read several studies that mono HCG therapy is very effective for Low T issues in men. I'm sure it is a trial and error for each person.

Eaglewalker

The HCG isn't recommended for a replacement for TRT, especially for older men, you need T not drugs. TRT is the most natural treatment you could ever be on, HCG is a drug, clomid is a drug and the latter has the worse side effects profile and even blocks the effects of estrogen.

Yes HCG as prescribed is a synthetic drug...I sell it...lol. Ovidrel. Women naturally produce HCG during pregnancy. So while it is a drug it is also naturally produced.

Yea I've read and know a bit about Clomid...it is often used as first line Fertility treatment. It is not a long term option for men for sure...agree.

Eaglewalker

Your natural T production isn't going to sustain you anymore as you are in a disease state. What makes things worse is the Total T and the higher end SHBG is going to affect the Free T negatively.

TRT is no magic cure for bad lifestyles and some men falsely believe TRT is going to fix everything without any effort.

Just wanted to reply again...I should know this from my training but it was a decade ago..ha. Sex binding hormone being a bit too high isn't good...it eats up Free Testosterone? I think you are saying correct? Makes sense.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me