My doctor says I have high Testosterone although I haven't taken it in 2 months due to hospitalization and injury. Here are my labs.

Buy Lab Tests Online

MotuMum

It has been a few years since I've been on this site. I must admit I have forgotten more than I knew and I spent plenty of time researching TRT. Thankfully I ended up here. I just got my labs back and although not as extensive as usual but here they are below. I'm a 55 YO male. I used to lift 3-4 times a week Squat, DL, Press for strength, along with surfing and swimming. I quit taking TRT 2 a few months ago while I recovered from an injury and surgery, but now I'm cleared to get back at it. I've been depressed and tired and my thoughts are not as clear so I'm confused about my labs because my doctor tells me that my Testosterone is too high. Can someone point me to a doctor in San Diego or explain what I'm missing. I guess I'll have reread the book. Thanks!
RESULTLIST.jpg
RESULT 1.jpg
RESULT 2.jpg
RESULT 3.jpg
is too high and I'm not converting. I don't know what he means. Can someone send me to a chapter or article to help me make sense of this? Thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MotuMum

He prescribed fish oil and 50000 units of Vit D once a week. So I'm not crazy. Maybe he was looking at the wrong chart.

BigTex

Looks like it is even flagged as LOW. You are so far on the low end on both serum and free is is laughable. Might be time for a new doctor?

Systemlord

I quit taking TRT 2 a few months ago while I recovered from an injury and surgery
You don’t normally need to stop treatment because of as surgery. This is stupid, because people with high testosterone recover from surgeries faster and are therefore discharged from hospitals sooner and also have a higher survival rate in emergency situations.

Your doctor put you in a weakened state before your surgery. this is medical ignorance!

MotuMum

I started my TRT and need to find a new doctor in San Diego. He's referred me to an endocrinologist. I'd rather get my levels back to normal and continue rehab.

MotuMum

Maybe he meant your cholesterol is too high, not testosterone. Perhaps that's why he put you on fish oil. You have to restart your TRT though.
He said my Testosterone was not synthesizing. I didn't have my labs in front of me when he was talking and I told him I was confused about what he was saying because it didn't make sense. Before my injury, I was doing just fine on TRT and had it dialed in.

MotuMum

Could this be what he is concerned with?

TSH Reflex to T4 - Details​

Component Results​

Component

Your Value

Standard Range

Flag

TSH

1.900 uIU/mL

0.450 - 4.500 uIU/mL

Systemlord

Could this be what he is concerned with?

TSH Reflex to T4 - Details​

No, while the median TSH is <1.5, as we age more stimulating hormone is needed to get done. As long as the free thyroid hormones (fT3) are sufficiently elevated, all is good.

I seriously doubt you have a thyroid problem.

Last edited:

Systemlord

You don’t normally need to stop treatment because of as surgery. This is stupid, because people with high testosterone recover from surgeries faster and are therefore discharged from hospitals sooner and also have a higher survival rate in emergency situations.

Your doctor put you in a weakened state before your surgery. this is medical ignorance!
I also wanted to make another point, data shows people with low-T have poorer outcomes with regards to covid, so again your doctor put you at greater risk!

Open article (enjoy). Also note the abscissa range for Fig. 2 and TT range (IQR) in Table 1 for TRT patients.

View attachment 25191

View attachment 25192

Figure 2. Probability of Hospitalization Based on Testosterone Concentrations in Men With Hypogonadism and Men With Eugonadism, After Multivariable Adjustment for Age, Body Mass Index, Charlson Comorbidity Index, Race and Ethnicity, and Immunosuppression Status
Meaning This study suggests that men with hypogonadism are more likely to be hospitalized after COVID-19 infection compared with men with eugonadism and men receiving adequate testosterone therapy.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

I take 1.0 every 3.5 days.
Ummm, 1.0 means nothing without knowing 1.0 what? volume (ml), weight(mg)? Something else?

And of what? what ester? T cypionate, T enanthate? something else?,

And what concentration? 250mg/ml, 200 mg/ml, 100mg/ml. Something else?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me