High Serum Iron and % I185 ron Saturation

Buy Lab Tests Online

HarryCat

So for the first time in my life I had serum iron, TIBC, and % Iron saturation tested by my PCP at my last physical. Here are the results:

Iron 185 range 59-158 High
TIBC 323 range 250-400
% iron sat. 57 range 20-50 High

I had been taking an iron supplement because if I don't my ferritin will drop below 50 which exacerbates my RLS.
This time my ferritin was 249, range 30 - 400, the highest its ever been.

Some other labs done at the same time were:

HGB 17.1 range 14-18
HCT 52.3 range 42-54
MCV 95.8 range 80 - 94 High
Creatinine 1.23 range 0.67-1.17 High, this has been stable for the past 10 years
Bilirubin 1.2 range 0.2-1.0 High
ALT/SGPT 46 range 10-44 High
ALK PHOS Total 55 25-165

Everything else within normal ranges.

So it seems my kidney function is marginal, which it has been ever since I first had it tested 10 years ago, and something is going on with my liver.

Anyone have any insight into this? I've read how high iron can mess with the kidneys and liver among other things.

My doctor had me repeat the tests 1 month later and then just sent me for another round of tests so she obviously thinks something is going on. I asked the office for a copy of the latest results, which they normally will give me without hesitation, but this time they told me I'd have to get it from the doctor at my next appt in a month.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I would suggest, you didn't mention it, but Creatinine, and possibly even the liver, those should be done on a 12hour fasting schedule. I've been back and forth with my nurse who insisted on a CMP (for other issues) but I protested that I wasn't fasting and that the results would be compromised. She insisted and low and behold...my creatinine was over max range, having never been high before. Having eaten that morning, engaging in heavy weightlifting, even your muscle mass, can skew a creatinine test. I'd def recommend a 12hour fast and retest...I def wouldn't get concerned over one abnormal test.

Vince

Super Moderator
Do you use Creatine? When they test your Creatinine, the essay does not separate your creatine. One time when my creatinine levels came back high, my doctor asked if I was addicted to pain pills. He did not know that creatine, will made creatinine levels look high.

HarryCat

Thanks for the responses. I was fasting for 12 hours before the test and I don't use creatine. I have always avoided creatine, even though it sounds like it could have real benefits, because my creatinine has always been high.

Do you use Creatine? When they test your Creatinine, the essay does not separate your creatine. One time when my creatinine levels came back high, my doctor asked if I was addicted to pain pills. He did not know that creatine, will made creatinine levels look high.

I said the same thing to the nurse...forgot that in my post. though I have read that supplemental creatine won't (shouldn't) skew a creatinine test. She asked me how much I take...long pause....oh about 10g. A DAY.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me