Help with blood work. Hormones all over the place.

Buy Lab Tests Online

gengar000

Hey, 28 male with lots of symptoms like anxiety, debilitating chronic fatigue, low stress threshold, irritable, no sense of calm/peace, low stress threshhold, loss of strength, no drive/motivation to do even the basic things and so on.. I am more on the skinny-fat side atm , 178 cm height and about 66-68 kg weight atm.

My blood results are all over the place :

PRL [7,37 ng/ml] REFERENCE : [2,10 - 17,70]
Testosterone [341,1 ng/dL] REFERENCE [241,0 - 827,0]
Estradiol [46,00 pg/mL] REFERENCE [<39,80]
FSH [1,71 mIU/ml] REFERENCE [1,40 - 18,10]
LH [1,39 mIU/ml] REFERENCE [1,50 - 9,30]
SHGB [33 nmol/l] REFERENCE [17,1 - 77,6]
DHEA-S [758,3] REFERENCE [167,9 - 591,9]

Should i look into TRT based on these results and could that be the reason for my symptoms?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

Yes you should try TRT. Low LH and FSH indicate a secondary hypogonadism (problem in your pituitary/hypothalamus).

The recommended dose is less than 100mg/week, split in 2 injections.

Systemlord

Classic secondary hypogonadism (pituitary failure) is low normal LH and FSH. You’ll almost never see either one below range, it’s more common to see them hovering at the bottom of the ranges.

You’re estrogen deficient because you lack Free T to convert to E2, and you’re not making enough inside the testes. Low estrogen in the presence of low testosterone could mean you have osteoporosis.

The majority of men with pituitary failure have no known cause for the low hormones, LH and FSH values.
Should i look into TRT based on these results and could that be the reason for my symptoms?
Yes and Yes. Low testosterone will make it harder to deal with normal everyday stress. Testosterone converts to other hormones, like DHT, which modulates the production of norepinephrine and GABA.

Norepinephrine is responsible for focus and drive while GABA promotes calm. DHT allows men to be more resilient to stress, and driven to overcome it.

Last edited:

gengar000

Thanks for the anwers

The weird thing in these results is im actually above the reference range in estradiol. Free testosterone result should come tomorrow. Also my DHEA-s is way above the reference range. Could it be due to stress?
I need to set an appointment to endocrynologist. The thing is in Poland TRT is not that popular and if it is avaiable i guess it's very expensive.
Would it be smart to self-medicate by myself doing bloodwork frequently to see where i'm at after consulting with endocrynologist?

Free testosterone results are back and it's at [16,16 pg/ml] reference range [9,10-32,20] guess that's due to a lowish SHGB . No idea what to think now?

Systemlord

The thing is in Poland TRT is not that popular and if it is avaiable i guess it's very expensive.
I wouldn’t expect any doctor to prescribe you TRT with these numbers, especially outside the USA. To the vast majority of doctors, in range is normal and that’s the extent of their knowledge.

Sex hormones is a relatively new field of medicine, so don’t expect much from doctors unless all they do is TRT all day every day.

gengar000

Should i still benefit with it though when my free testosterone is not that terrible? [16,16 pg/ml] reference range [9,10-32,20] or should i look at other symptoms first? LH and FSH is really concerning.. Im getting thyroid panel in the next week, cortisol and ATH to see my adrenals because my symptoms are making me barely functioning.

sammmy

I would not trust your free testosterone test (European tests are often not the gold standard equilibrium dialysis) - you are certainly not near the middle of the normal range. Your calculated free testosterone is low normal:

1682368679325.png

6.82 ng/dL = 68.2 pg/mL [normal range 35-155 pg/mL]

I also have low normal free T and higher than normal estradiol, so that's not unusual. I would not worry about the estradiol, it's not that high to cause problems.

Are you supplementing with something that explains your high DHEA-S?

gengar000

I am not supplementing anything that could alter DHEA-s i think. I am using the standard supplements : magnesium, d3+k2, multivitamin, used to supplement with aminoacids thinking it might help with some of my symptoms L-Tyrosine, L-Tryptophan, L-Phenylalanine and GABA but no success there.

Were you symptomatic as well prior to TRT and did it help?

sammmy

I'm not on TRT. When I tried it (first Arimidex, then Androgel) it helped only with sexuality - easier for me to reach orgasm and better penis sensitivity. No improvement in any other area. I stopped it because TRT precipitates episodes of low immunity in me but I am an outlier case - have lots of latent infections.

You are correct to check thyroid and andrenals because you have debilitating fatigue and high DHEA-S.

Debilitating fatigue may also be due to digestive problems (try digestive enzymes) or vitamin defficiencies (check your vit D, B12, B1 levels and supplement). Is your fatigue at constant level during the day or it increases at specific time after meals? You can test that by shifting the time of your meals and observing when your fatigue peaks.

Debilitating fatigue can be also a sign of a chronic infection. Have you done a CBC test with differential as a basic immunity test?

Systemlord

Should i still benefit with it though when my free testosterone is not that terrible?
I would not trust your free testosterone test (European tests
This. ^^ I don’t care where your Free T sits at, your Total T is low normal and this can’t bode well for healthy Free T levels.

There doctors more up to date prescribing TRT up to 433 ng/dL.

There are studies linking cardiovascular risk, sexual dysfunction and lower libido <480 ng/dL.

Last edited:

gengar000

I did basic morfology and c-reactive protein.

Only MON% and PDW seem out of ordinary. Lipids seem fine as well.

Attachments

• badania 1.jpg
    badania 1.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 26

sammmy

Lymphocytes and Neutrophils look normal.

Monocyte percentage is a bit elevated:

PWD is also a bit elevated but that depends on the accuracy of the test and the "normal range".

gengar000

I do have sometimes achy joints/bones so that might be worth looking into more.. Everything's so pricy ehh..
Should i be concerned with this high estradiol? I realise estradiol that is over the range with low testosterone has its own symptoms. If i were to go on a TRT that would be even higher, right? That's where you should use aromatase inhibitor?

sammmy

Estradiol slightly over the range has no significance whatsoever. Bro-science on internet makes it sounds like something catastrophical and that it must be as low as possible in a man but it has important functions in males - for example libido. If you drive it to the ground with AI, you will feel the typical side effects of AI which is fatigue, feeling unwell and achy joints.

Achy joints/bones even when you are not working out/straining them? That is a sign of immune system activation. I used to have those - thought I was getting "arthritis" at the age of 48, was even limping. Stopped eating any sugar, fructose (fruits), or lactose (milk) and they stopped occurring. I am not cured because I will still get them if I eat fast carbs even in small amounts. My immune system likes to activate from fast sugars, but in my case I have an infection that is chronically activated so the immune system is justified.

You should get a more detailed look in your immune system. Go to a rheumatologist and hematologist with the higher than normal Monocite % and PWD, the achy joints/bones symptom, and the debilitating fatigue.

Ribeye

Classic secondary hypogonadism (pituitary failure) is low normal LH and FSH. You’ll almost never see either one below range, it’s more common to see them hovering at the bottom of the ranges.

You’re estrogen deficient because you lack Free T to convert to E2, and you’re not making enough inside the testes. Low estrogen in the presence of low testosterone could mean you have osteoporosis.

The majority of men with pituitary failure have no known cause for the low hormones, LH and FSH values.

Yes and Yes. Low testosterone will make it harder to deal with normal everyday stress. Testosterone converts to other hormones, like DHT, which modulates the production of norepinephrine and GABA.

Norepinephrine is responsible for focus and drive while GABA promotes calm. DHT allows men to be more resilient to stress, and driven to overcome it.
Clearly, this person would likely benefit from HRT. However, I would also suggest having thyroid testing done. TSH, and free T3 and free T4. Based on the reported symptoms, perhaps even antibodies for Hashimoto's...achy bones and especially achy joints can often be a hallmark of Hashimoto's.

jadenfox

Hey, 28 male with lots of symptoms like anxiety, debilitating chronic fatigue, low stress threshold, irritable, no sense of calm/peace, low stress threshhold, loss of strength, no drive/motivation to do even the basic things and so on.. I am more on the skinny-fat side atm , 178 cm height and about 66-68 kg weight atm.

My blood results are all over the place :

PRL [7,37 ng/ml] REFERENCE : [2,10 - 17,70]
DHEA-S [758,3] REFERENCE [167,9 - 591,9]

I see a lot of clients (male and female) with those symptoms. The solution we use is supplementing with the specific amino acids the brain needs to re-activate the neurochemistry responsible for energy, mood and relaxation. This (along with supplementing testosterone if low) is often a complete solution to the problem.

Look up the book, "The Mood Cure" if you want more background. It's profound stuff that the medical community has outright dismissed because you get the aminos at your local health food store, not a pharmacy.

Here is a simple symptomatic diagnostic you can use to check if amino acids can help you:
[Moderator's caution: You have to provide an email address to get results, so this may be more sales pitch than helpful advice]
Take a Self Diagnostic Quiz - you probably have symptoms that are easily fixed!

If your numbers for any category are:
-5 or above, you'll likely notice an improvement
-9 or above, this will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Taking aminos for dopamine, serotonin, GABA and adding testosterone eliminated ALL my low energy, anxiety, and depression symptoms! I would not be alive today without them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching