Hello from Chicago!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Joey Boca

Hi: I just joined the site this week and I really appreciate all of the good info here. Thanks!

I am a 47 yo with low T. I went to an endocrinologist that tested me and my test levels were around 160. Tired all the time, not much interest in anything, low libido. He prescribed injectable test, 200mg every two weeks. I had the typical peak and valley & wasn't thrilled with the results.

I did some research and decided to go to a clinic that specializes in this area. I was tested again, my test was about 500, the doctor prescribed 200 mg injected each week, two shots of HCG per week, and an AI.

He said to inject the test on Monday, take an AI on Tuesday, inject the HCG on Friday & Saturday, and take another AI on Friday morning.

So far I am very happy with the results.

Any thoughts on the regimen? Specifically the days to inject the HCG.

Thanks for the help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Bass

you will feel good for the short run, but at these doses your body will react negatively. 200mgs each week is the top range of TRT protocol. with this type of protocol hCG should be administered the last two days of the week prior to your next T shot, but it can be done many different ways.

a typical TRT protocol is like this,

100-120 mgs test each week split
hCG 125-250ius 3 times a week, M, W, F
AI 0.25 mg after each test shot, only if needed
donating blood as needed (blood gets thicker quickly with TRT, especially at your dose, donating fixes it)
Vitamin D is needed, but watch out for SHBG as it lowers it.

When I was with a clinic they over loaded with drugs and never mentioned anything about RBC, Hematocrit and Hemoglobin elevating, and never suggested to donate blood, until it was too late, my blood was so thick I was rejected to donate, they listed me in the black list. so I had to pay out of pocket for blood letting, then luckily went to another blood drive (different company) and was able to donate.

Joey Boca

Thanks for the advice. The clinic did mention about donating blood as a possibility. I go back in 4 weeks for more blood work, they are monitoring RBC, etc.

What do you mean when you say "100-120 mgs test each week split". Do you mean a toal of 100 - 120 mgs of test per week split over two injections? So 50 - 60 mgs per injection?

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Mocha

Hi Joey,

Welcome!

The protocol Bass has shared is pretty solid, and is a widely accepted one.

For more on HCG, you could read: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...e-Testicular-Shrinkage-and-Preserve-Fertility -- especially the What are HCG's effective doses? section. In time, the experienced members will respond and guide you further.

I would like to hear from the experienced members on 200mg of T per week to start off with (for 6 weeks), and then reduce it to 100mg per week.

If the body has been chronically deficient in T for a while (say a few years), wouldn't 'front loading' it with T for 6 weeks help fight latent inflammation, etc.? 6 weeks is a short period and generally doesn't result in elevated Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels. Week 7 onwards....the T could be brought down to 100mg per week, which means by weeks 9-10, the blood levels should be at physiological levels.

200mg per week results in mildly supra levels, which can benefit the system in the short term (depending of course, on the needs of the individual).

This timeline thread is very useful for noting the positive effects of T: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?1519-How-long-does-testosterone-take-to-show-effects. By 6 week mark, there's a fair bit of action happening within the system.

Perhaps the experienced members can throw some light on this approach.

Bass

Thanks for the advice. The clinic did mention about donating blood as a possibility. I go back in 4 weeks for more blood work, they are monitoring RBC, etc.

What do you mean when you say "100-120 mgs test each week split". Do you mean a toal of 100 - 120 mgs of test per week split over two injections? So 50 - 60 mgs per injection?

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

yes........

Bass

Hi Joey,

Welcome!

The protocol Bass has shared is pretty solid, and is a widely accepted one.

For more on HCG, you could read: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...e-Testicular-Shrinkage-and-Preserve-Fertility -- especially the What are HCG's effective doses? section. In time, the experienced members will respond and guide you further.

I would like to hear from the experienced members on 200mg of T per week to start off with (for 6 weeks), and then reduce it to 100mg per week.

If the body has been chronically deficient in T for a while (say a few years), wouldn't 'front loading' it with T for 6 weeks help fight latent inflammation, etc.? 6 weeks is a short period and generally doesn't result in elevated Hematocrit and Hemoglobin levels. Week 7 onwards....the T could be brought down to 100mg per week, which means by weeks 9-10, the blood levels should be at physiological levels.

200mg per week results in mildly supra levels, which can benefit the system in the short term (depending of course, on the needs of the individual).

This timeline thread is very useful for noting the positive effects of T: https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?1519-How-long-does-testosterone-take-to-show-effects. By 6 week mark, there's a fair bit of action happening within the system.

Perhaps the experienced members can throw some light on this approach.

front loading doesn't work with testosterone, and its not an anti inflammatory drug, so I don't see the point for doing it. it sure didn't work for me! for TRT its always good to start with minimum dose and minimum drugs then work your way up as needed and based on BW.

Mocha

Actually, I am referring to the work of Dr. William Taylor (Book: Anabolic Therapy in Modern Medicine), as well as studies that show T's benefits against autoimmune conditions (which are inflammatory). Inflammation leads to catabolism, and anabolism reverses inflammation.

Chronic diseases cause inflammation (cardio, neuro, autoimmune) and T has shown tremendous results against these diseases and against inflammation.

It probably didn't work for you because you had no chronic ailments. I am curious to know what would be an ideal protocol for someone with autoimmune conditions, or MCI (mild cognitive impairment). Perhaps this is not the right thread to be raising this Q -- forgive me if that's the case.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Joey, glad you joined. Some good information posted above! It would be good to see your BW labs if you have a chance to post them. Hoping your AI dosage isn't too much, as I don't think you specified the mg's. Again, it would be good to know your E2 going into therapy, which could prompt some conversation on a good starting point with the AI.

Also, many hypogonadism individuals tend to sometimes see a correlation with hypothyroidism. Have you covered this base? We're here to give our thoughts and experiences if you post it up.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me