Hct - Once Lowered, Will it Remain So?

Buy Lab Tests Online

sting

Is it safe to say since blood pressure normalizes after being elevated, so does hct normalize after being elevated as well?
Until my doctor orders more labs I'm hoping this is so.

It is a horrible situation to be in a free country, when states deprive their citizens of the same right another state has regarding lab work.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Helboi

Hematocrit can normalize over time. Mine has gone from highs of 56 down to a steady 53 or so over the past 2 years. I was at 51 BEFORE I started TRT, because I live at high altitude (6500 feet). So I would say yes, it's possible it will normalize, but I can't say how likely it is.

CoastWatcher

Helboi is right - some men who have hematocrit problems do see it stabalize as time goes on; others have to take steps to deal with it in an ongoing basis. How long have you been on TRT?

Pranayama

So far mine has not normalized and I don't know if it ever will, but hopefully at some point it does. I've been in TRT about 3 years. I do a blood donation about every 3 months now.

sting

But my is question is in relation to if "blood pressure normalizes" , does hct also normalize also? Don't they work hand in hand?
Thanks.
Someone removed Blood pressure from the title, don't know why.

user_joe

But my is question is in relation to if "blood pressure normalizes" , does hct also normalize also? Don't they work hand in hand?
Thanks.

im not drawing any parallels there.

I, like many, saw elevated HCT in the first few months. I donated blood a few times to get down to 45 or so.

Even on a higher dose im not convinced I really need to even donate. I go every 6-9 months now, and it usually not much over 46, which is where my doc wanted it. Not sure I'd have any problems higher in the range.

Im at sea level btw.

CoastWatcher

Thanks.

Exogenous testosterone can raise testosterone in men (and it does). This can happen in men with low, normal, or high blood pressure.

CoastWatcher

I was under the impression that when Hct level rose so did blood pressure rise because of it, no?
Blood pressure can, and does, rise for multiple reasons. My pressure climbed, my hematocrit never exceeded 44. My pressure was brought under control - my hematocrit continued to sit at 43/44.

madman

Super Moderator
I was under the impression that when Hct level rose so did blood pressure rise because of it, no?

Many will notice an increase in hematocrit when starting trt within the first year and it usually seems to level off/stabilize at 12 months. How high it rises depends on how ones body reacts to testosterone and some will only see a slight increase in hct while others experience a sharp increase over time. Increased blood pressure and hematocrit do not work hand in hand as many other factors contribute to high blood pressure such as inflammation, obesity, excess stress/cortisol, sodium sensitive individuals, poor lipid profile, poor cardiovascular/circulatory health, medications, the list goes on and on. Yes having thicker blood from increased hematocrit can affect blood pressure as eventually the blood becomes like sludge and is slow moving causing the heart to work harder. Having high blood pressure does not increase ones hematocrit as Coast stated that many can have low/moderate/high blood pressure and still have high hematocrit. Also testosterone dosage has been strongly correlated to increased hematocrit.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3050108/

sting

Helboi is right - some men who have hematocrit problems do see it stabalize as time goes on; others have to take steps to deal with it in an ongoing basis. How long have you been on TRT?

8 mo. Now on trt,.
8 weeks ago hct was high and donated blood, blood pressure was high . Blood pressure normalized recently. I'm hoping so did hct.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me