Free T and SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

CoastWatcher

After six weeks of T-Enanthate (100mg/wk) my Total T results - as posted earlier - were disappointing. My Total T at trough was 10.0 nmol/L (6-27.0), but my Free T and SHBG had increased, Free T at 50.8 pmol/L (15.6-146) and SHBG was at 26 nmol/L (10-57).

This - I think - puts SHBG in a reasonable mark, it had hovered at the 16-18 point when on Androgel, a total failure to move any numbers or relieve symptoms, and Free T is up from around 25. While we consider why Total T is stuck, though symptoms have improved, what, if anything do the Free T/SHBG levels suggest?

Many thanks for any thoughts.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Total Testosterone serum levels are stuck simply because your dose is not large enough to move the needle.

Increase your dosage, keep an eye on E2 and you should see a nice improvement.

100 mg if Test E is a good starting dose for some men and not enough for others.

CoastWatcher

Total Testosterone serum levels are stuck simply because your dose is not large enough to move the needle.

Increase your dosage, keep an eye on E2 and you should see a nice improvement.

100 mg if Test E is a good starting dose for some men and not enough for others.

Thanks, Gene. If dose went from 100mg/wk to 140mg/wk would you suggest one weekly dose, or two divided doses, say, three days apart in order to move levels upward?

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Thanks, Gene. If dose went from 100mg/wk to 140mg/wk would you suggest one weekly dose, or two divided doses, say, three days apart in order to move levels upward?

I am a big believer in smaller doses more frequently when it comes to TRT so twice weekly is good as Chris noted.

Discuss the dosage increase with your Doctor but IMO a 40 mg bump is a good starting point to see what it does to your serum levels.

CoastWatcher

I am a big believer in smaller doses more frequently when it comes to TRT so twice weekly is good as Chris noted.

Discuss the dosage increase with your Doctor but IMO a 40 mg bump is a good starting point to see what it does to your serum levels.

Thanks Gene, and thank you Chris. My doctor is leaning toward a 40mg bump. Per your comments, I will discuss 70mg twice a week, 3-3.5 days apart. I am feeling better than I did prior to starting injections. My concentration and energy are far sharper and I focus much better. My sleep is deeper and restorative, a big change.. Libido is improved, but would like to see it better. My doc says with higher trough, which reflects a higher, ongoing circulation, I can be optimistic.

So two doses, 70 and 70, is what I will discuss.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Thanks Gene, and thank you Chris. My doctor is leaning toward a 40mg bump. Per your comments, I will discuss 70mg twice a week, 3-3.5 days apart. I am feeling better than I did prior to starting injections. My concentration and energy are far sharper and I focus much better. My sleep is deeper and restorative, a big change.. Libido is improved, but would like to see it better. My doc says with higher trough, which reflects a higher, ongoing circulation, I can be optimistic.

So two doses, 70 and 70, is what I will discuss.

Sound plan, my friend.

Talk to Dr. Saya about a very low dose .25 mg twice weekly of Cabergoline to increase libido and sexual desire.

I can say it works fabulous for me as my libido is like a 16 year old...sometimes even to being a pain in the ass...but I wouldn't trade it for the opposite!

CoastWatcher

Sound plan, my friend.

Talk to Dr. Saya about a very low dose .25 mg twice weekly of Cabergoline to increase libido and sexual desire.

I can say it works fabulous for me as my libido is like a 16 year old...sometimes even to being a pain in the ass...but I wouldn't trade it for the opposite!

There may be an issue with Cabergoline. I have a number of autoimmune issues - Addison's Disease, Pernicious (B12 Deficiency) Anemia, and colitis. The colitis is now well-controlled w/diet and exercise, a great help to my overall quality of life, and my doctor tells me that Cabergoline has a lot of gi issues for a lot of patients. Have you any problems w/it?

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
There may be an issue with Cabergoline. I have a number of autoimmune issues - Addison's Disease, Pernicious (B12 Deficiency) Anemia, and colitis. The colitis is now well-controlled w/diet and exercise, a great help to my overall quality of life, and my doctor tells me that Cabergoline has a lot of gi issues for a lot of patients. Have you any problems w/it?

Curious if you are treating Addison's with HC or some other form of therapy. Both Addison's and anemic pernicious can adversely effect thyroid productivity, specifically pooling of FT3 and increased Reverse T3. Possibly this has already been reviewed by your physician?

CoastWatcher

Curious if you are treating Addison's with HC or some other form of therapy. Both Addison's and anemic pernicious can adversely effect thyroid productivity, specifically pooling of FT3 and increased Reverse T3. Possibly this has already been reviewed by your physician?

Chris, I am treating Addison's w/hydrocortisone (fortunate to have lowered my daily intake in July after an excellent round of lab results). The anemia has yet to lead to any thyroid issues: FT3, FT4, Reverse T all in good shape.

As background, my grandfather and father both had Addison's and Pernicious Anemia - and, shortly before his death my father was diagnosed with hypogonadism. I seem to have won the autoimmune/endocrine sweepstakes.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me