Does cabergoline affect FT levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

lcvl

Hi,
I've been using Dostinex (cabergoline) for a couple weeks. My most recent blood test showed insanely high FT (32.30 pg/ml on a 3.64-19.30 range). Total T top of the range (1000), as expected. No changes in dosage recently. Just FT that skyrocketed. Lab error?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Did you have your SHBG tested? Typically we would associate very high FT with low SHBG. The Caber should have only affected Prolactin and not any of your T numbers.

lcvl

No anabolics. Just TRT. 140mg of Test cyp split into two weekly injections. Been on TRT for over a year now, using between 100 and 150mg a week and I've never seen FT values that high in my blood tests (approx every 3-4 months). That's why I was wondering about Cabergoline. That's the only new variable, as far as I can tell.

PS The rest of the blood panel looks really good. Just FT off the chart.

ERO

If you have two years of steady levels and then one test result off the chart, odds are its a bad test. That can and does happen.

FT is never a bad thing but as ERO says one test deserves to be retested before you take any other action, which again, not-withstanding, Free T is a very good thing

K_T_F

Hi,
I've been using Dostinex (cabergoline) for a couple weeks. My most recent blood test showed insanely high FT (32.30 pg/ml on a 3.64-19.30 range). Total T top of the range (1000), as expected. No changes in dosage recently. Just FT that skyrocketed. Lab error?

Hi IcvI, I have to disagree with most of the responses here. I think there is a big probability that cabergoline is increasing your free T. I recently came across a paper that shows cab increasing T (bellow). Look for the entire paper online,it is available for free. On table 1 you can see a considerable increase in T levels.

Did you notice an improvement in libido/orgasm/erections?

Cabergoline treatment in men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study

The effectiveness of cabergoline in 50 men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction was investigated in a 4-month, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study with validated psychological tests, and prolactin, follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone and testosterone serum levels. Cabergoline treatment was well-tolerated and resulted in normalization of hormone levels in most cases. In the cabergoline-treated group, significant interactions between prolactin and testosterone serum concentrations were observed. Erectile function improved significantly. Sexual desire, orgasmic function, and the patient's and his partner's sexual satisfaction were also enhanced. Cabergoline may be an effective and safe alternative agent for men with psychogenic ED.

K_T_F

Here is the table I talked about table 1.jpg

When you mention psychogenic(?) and I read the tests what I see missing in their evaluation is Dopamine, which Caber is a very strong Dopamine agonist, there's no mention of that here, they completely omitted one very potent effect of that neurotransmitter.

ERO

It appears that this study was done on guys NOT on TRT with a functioning HTPA axis so in their case their LH and FSH levels rose, resulting in a higher T level. Still an interesting study, though.

Gianluca Bonetti

I was exactly about to make this question, probably increase in FT is seen in people that are not on TRT

It appears that this study was done on guys NOT on TRT with a functioning HTPA axis so in their case their LH and FSH levels rose, resulting in a higher T level. Still an interesting study, though.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me