Deltoid Injections - Viable Long Term?

Buy Lab Tests Online

HSLD

Supposing EOD deltoid injections, alternating sides with each injection - is this sustainable long term, for say 30 or 40 years? Or would formation of scar tissue eventually become a limiting factor?

Also, does that mild discomfort/dead arm feeling in the deltoid post injection gradually become less of an issue as the muscle gets used to the injections, or do you experience that discomfort after every injection long term?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
Why only use the deltoids? Include more sites in your rotation if you're concerned about long term scar tissue.
Every muscle has different release / absorption characteristics so you may see inconsistent results with that approach. From the "New Insights Into Drug Absorption From Oil Depots" paper:

Different IM sites.png

BigTex

First off the size of the needle I believe make a huge difference in the amount of damage done to the muscle tissue. There is a huge difference in the size of a 31g and 21g. I have been doing sub-q injections in my abdominals for over 10 years now and have absolutely no scar tissue. The amount of scar tissue I have in the glutes from years of IM injections is ridiculous.

HSLD

First off the size of the needle I believe make a huge difference in the amount of damage done to the muscle tissue. There is a huge difference in the size of a 31g and 21g. I have been doing sub-q injections in my abdominals for over 10 years now and have absolutely no scar tissue. The amount of scar tissue I have in the glutes from years of IM injections is ridiculous.
Glad to see you replying. I would be using a relatively small volume (.2 ml) in a 30g 5/16 pin.

I’ve been injecting subq into the fat pad on my hip (not VG…cant reach that) for about 8 years. However, I was recently told that I should not be injecting into that area so looking for a new routine and thought I might give IM a try.

aneuman

However, I was recently told that I should not be injecting into that area so looking for a new routine and thought I might give IM a try.
Out of sheer curiousity. May I ask who told you that and which were the reasons given for not doing it after 8 years of (successful, I presume) use?

HSLD

Out of sheer curiousity. May I ask who told you that and which were the reasons given for not doing it after 8 years of (successful, I presume) use?
An orthopedist. I had a mysterious hip ailment (extreme pain, no injury). They discovered swollen lymph nodes in my groin on the affected side while imaging the area. The injection site did not show any signs at all of infection and blood markers were good too. But they did ask where I injected, and when I told them, they said they didn't think that a bad injection was the reason for my pain, but it could be, and regardless that I should never inject in that area because it is too close to/basically is a joint. I explained that I was injecting subq using 30g 5/16 needles, and they still said I should stop injecting there.

On a follow up visit with my GP, I told him about what they said and he told me he had no concerns about me injecting there. But I guess they scared me enough to at least pique my interest in trying out a new injection site.

Vince

Super Moderator
I do daily injections so I inject in my shoulders, VG and sub q in my love handles.

aneuman

An orthopedist. I had a mysterious hip ailment (extreme pain, no injury). They discovered swollen lymph nodes in my groin on the affected side while imaging the area. The injection site did not show any signs at all of infection and blood markers were good too. But they did ask where I injected, and when I told them, they said they didn't think that a bad injection was the reason for my pain, but it could be, and regardless that I should never inject in that area because it is too close to/basically is a joint. I explained that I was injecting subq using 30g 5/16 needles, and they still said I should stop injecting there.

On a follow up visit with my GP, I told him about what they said and he told me he had no concerns about me injecting there. But I guess they scared me enough to at least pique my interest in trying out a new injection site.
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the detailed explanation.

BigTex

Glad to see you replying. I would be using a relatively small volume (.2 ml) in a 30g 5/16 pin.

I’ve been injecting subq into the fat pad on my hip (not VG…cant reach that) for about 8 years. However, I was recently told that I should not be injecting into that area so looking for a new routine and thought I might give IM a try.
I don't think a 30g is going to cause any problems. I would listen to your GP.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me