A study finds that high fish consumption is associated with an increased risk of melanoma.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
The incidence of malignant melanoma was 22% greater among individuals whose median daily consumption of fish was 42.8 grams as compared to those whose median daily intake was 3.2 grams, according to researchers from Brown University. Additionally, they discovered that individuals with a median daily consumption of 42.8 grams of fish had a 28% higher chance than those with a median daily intake of 3.2 grams of fish of having abnormal cells in just the outer layer of the skin, often known as stage 0 melanoma or melanoma in situ. An average serving of cooked fish weighs around 140 grams.

The scientists analyzed data from 491,367 people who were recruited from all across the USA to the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study between 1995 and 1996 to investigate the association between fish consumption and melanoma risk. Participants, who on average were 62 years old, answered questions on their consumption patterns and portion sizes of fried, non-fried, and tuna throughout the previous year.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

sammmy

They didn't account for "sun related behaviors", the most important factor for melanoma. Instead they offer some made up theory that "contaminants" in fish give you melanoma.

The researchers caution that the observational nature of their study does not allow for conclusions about a causal relationship between fish intake and melanoma risk. They also did not account for some risk factors for melanoma, such as mole count, hair color, history of severe sunburn, and sun-related behaviors in their analyses.

Vince

Super Moderator
They didn't account for "sun related behaviors", the most important factor for melanoma. Instead they offer some made up theory that "contaminants" in fish give you melanoma.
My first wife died from melanoma. It started with a mold underneath her armpit. When they first found it. It already went through the skin and into her body. She survive 6 years, even though it was hard. I really enjoyed our last 6 years together.

Fernando Almaguer

My first wife died from melanoma. It started with a mold underneath her armpit. When they first found it. It already went through the skin and into her body. She survive 6 years, even though it was hard. I really enjoyed our last 6 years together.
I'm sorry for you loss Vince. That is unfortunate, thanks for the study. I wonder if fish oil is safe.

FunkOdyssey

Seeker of Wisdom
That is not physiological, sir. If Danny were into vitamins he would also take 500 mg niacinamide twice daily and call it Niacinamide Optimization Therapy (NOT). Here's an infographic to raise your awareness of the potential risks:

niacinamide risks.png

T

tareload

That is not physiological, sir. If Danny were into vitamins he would also take 500 mg niacinamide twice daily and call it Niacinamide Optimization Therapy (NOT). Here's an infographic to raise your awareness of the potential risks:

View attachment 24987

I appreciate your perspective given many years you have studied longevity. Great article and good points. Thank you. Very good addition to the material I provided in thread link above.

Yes risk/reward for any medication but for those that have gone through this perhaps intervention may be worth it.

1661383774629.png

1661383888945.png

Kind of a pain to go through. But a great plastic surgeon sure helps in many cases.

Dermatologist rx'ed nicotinamide (although it is OTC) for prevention of recurring skin cancer vs TOT analogy?...perhaps I am showing my bias and / or ignorance. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tareload

And for full disclosure nicotinamide appears to not be as effective with melanoma as with basal/squamous cell carcinoma. See refs in link above.

Vince

Super Moderator
My wife died in 2006 since that time they have come a long way in fighting melanoma. There's so many more treatments available today. I do see it dermatologist every 6 months and only once have they found any skin cancer. It was not melanoma, It was squamous, a surgeon removed it during an office visit. Pretty simple procedure.

BigTex

One thing I would like to note is this study is not a randomized-controlled trial or a meta analysis, it is an observational study that doesn’t show causation. While it does raise some concerns, researchers need to look further into the consumption of fish and cancer before we quit eating fish We know fatty fish is very high in omega-3s, compounds with anti-inflammatory activity. However, there could be a causal link to an environmental toxin that fish accumulate, for instance mercury. There has been previous research that suggests a link between higher levels of mercury and an increased risk of skin cancer. Fatty fish have also been show to contain arsenic, dioxins, and polychlorinated biphenyls. I would say the jury is still out on this subject.

T

tareload

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale