1. #1

    Total T is up! But libido is gone....

    Hello Gentlemen,
    Please bear with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

    Anyway I'm 45.
    5'10" and 235 pounds.
    I weight train every day.... I'm overweight but built very solid with decent muscle mass.

    Currently dealing with under active thyroid and low T.

    Currently-
    Test cyp 2000mg at 1ml every 2 weeks divided doses every 3.5 days. This has been going for 4 months.
    Levothyroxene 112mg daily for thyroid (which is just now starting to function).

    PROBLEM:
    I saw my Dr today and he says my Total Test is up to 789 (tested in a trough before my Thursday injection) which sounds great. However he didn't test Free T or E2....
    My problem is that I still feel like crap, and my sex drive has gone to ZERO.
    He is sending me for another blood test for SBGH, Total Estrogen, and Albomin

    I would greatly appreciate any advice or wise words!

    thanks!
    Last edited by CoastWatcher; 01-11-2017 at 07:51 AM.

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,
    Please bare with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

    Anyway I'm 45.
    5'10" and 235 pounds.
    I weight train every day.... I'm overweight but built very solid with decent muscle mass.

    Currently dealing with under active thyroid and low T.

    Currently-
    Test cyp 2000mg at 1ml every 2 weeks divided doses every 3.5 days. This has been going for 4 months.
    Levothyroxene 112mg daily for thyroid (which is just now starting to function).

    PROBLEM:
    I saw my Dr today and he says my Total Test is up to 789 (tested in a trough before my Thursday injection) which sounds great. However he didn't test Free T or E2....
    My problem is that I still feel like crap, and my sex drive has gone to ZERO.
    He is sending me for another blood test for SBGH, Total Estrogen, and Albomin

    I would greatly appreciate any advice or wise words!

    thanks!
    Sorry to hear about your docs insufficient testing. Discounted labs is great to supplement some missing lab test you need, say sensitive E2, because I'd put money on your doc NOT testing sensitive E2 if he's getting "total estrogen". Total estrogen is a completely worthless lab test.

    As to why your libido is crap, is anybody's guess, as of now.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,
    Please bare with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

    Anyway I'm 45.
    5'10" and 235 pounds.
    I weight train every day.... I'm overweight but built very solid with decent muscle mass.

    Currently dealing with under active thyroid and low T.

    Currently-
    Test cyp 2000mg at 1ml every 2 weeks divided doses every 3.5 days. This has been going for 4 months.
    Levothyroxene 112mg daily for thyroid (which is just now starting to function).

    PROBLEM:
    I saw my Dr today and he says my Total Test is up to 789 (tested in a trough before my Thursday injection) which sounds great. However he didn't test Free T or E2....
    My problem is that I still feel like crap, and my sex drive has gone to ZERO.
    He is sending me for another blood test for SBGH, Total Estrogen, and Albomin

    I would greatly appreciate any advice or wise words!

    thanks!
    Without further testing it's all a shot in the dark, a best guess. You need free testosterone, estradiol/sensitive test, SHBG, DHT, and, if it wasn't measured prior to therapy, prolactin. Then you need to find a new doctor. Failing to properly test is a dead giveaway that he/she doesn't understand androgen replacement. That is made even more clear by his ordering total estrogen. A total waste of time.

    You deserve better.

  5. #4
    I wish it was a simple thing to get a new Doctor.
    Ive been struggling with this for over a year just to get where I am....

    As much as I'd like to use one of the forum sponsors, I really want to use my insurance.

    Its so so frustrating to spend over a year and get no true progress but it seems there are NO doctors in my area (SW Louisiana) that are any good at this game.

    Ugh!!!!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    I wish it was a simple thing to get a new Doctor.
    Ive been struggling with this for over a year just to get where I am....

    As much as I'd like to use one of the forum sponsors, I really want to use my insurance.

    Its so so frustrating to spend over a year and get no true progress but it seems there are NO doctors in my area (SW Louisiana) that are any good at this game.

    Ugh!!!!
    You want to use your insurance to get substandard care? How many more months will go by with no improvement? I can't speak to your financial situation, but an investment in your health is worth, well, how much is it worth? Defy Medical may be cheaper than you imagine.

  7. #6
    That's very good advice ^^^^ I agree.
    If things don't get better quickly I'll be calling Defy!

    and it's not likely that things will get much better if I can't even get proper testing.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    That's very good advice ^^^^ I agree.
    If things don't get better quickly I'll be calling Defy!

    and it's not likely that things will get much better if I can't even get proper testing.
    I'm not a Defy patient, I've no vested interest in their success, but I have great respect for Dr. Saya and the work they do. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    That's very good advice ^^^^ I agree.
    If things don't get better quickly I'll be calling Defy!

    and it's not likely that things will get much better if I can't even get proper testing.
    At the very least get your own lab tests with Discounted labs - that way you can at least show your doc what he should be testing and know what is going on.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ERO View Post
    At the very least get your own lab tests with Discounted labs - that way you can at least show your doc what he should be testing and know what is going on.
    Excellent advice. Even if you need to use this Dr only to prescribe, testing is key. Also, Defy unlike most of the others is fantastically affordable even out-of-pocket.

  11. #10
    I have struggled with so many doctors that just couldn't get my protocol right and were unwilling to listen to me. I am now a patient of Dr Saya (Defy) and I couldn't be happier. I have never spoken to someone so knowledgeable in the field and so willing to help. If i were you I wouldn't think twice to call Defy. I still have a few things to fine tune but TRT has changed my life and I am really thankful to have found someone like Dr Saya to take care of my TRT protocol.
    Even the smallest changes in your protocol might have drastic effects on how you feel. So it is imperative that you find someone that really knows about TRT and have some patience to fine tune your protocol.
    Also this website is a very good source of information and everybody here is willing to help. A great TRT community! Thanks to Nelson Vergel! Best of luck!

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,
    Please bare with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

    Anyway I'm 45.
    5'10" and 235 pounds.
    I weight train every day.... I'm overweight but built very solid with decent muscle mass.

    Currently dealing with under active thyroid and low T.

    Currently-
    Test cyp 2000mg at 1ml every 2 weeks divided doses every 3.5 days. This has been going for 4 months.
    Levothyroxene 112mg daily for thyroid (which is just now starting to function).

    PROBLEM:
    I saw my Dr today and he says my Total Test is up to 789 (tested in a trough before my Thursday injection) which sounds great. However he didn't test Free T or E2....
    My problem is that I still feel like crap, and my sex drive has gone to ZERO.
    He is sending me for another blood test for SBGH, Total Estrogen, and Albomin

    I would greatly appreciate any advice or wise words!

    thanks!
    Everyone is different but i only felt really good when my Total Testosterone went over 1000 ng/dl (with free testosterone over 25 pg/ml) amd estradiol between 20-30 pg/ml (estradiol being the most difficult thing to get right). As odd as it might sounds estradiol within range was key for libido and energy (a "female" hormone responsible for libido in men might sound odd). HCG didnt really change how i felt to be honest but i added because i wanted to remain fertile (still trying to get there).

  13. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthMan View Post
    Everyone is different but i only felt really good when my Total Testosterone went over 1000 ng/dl (with free testosterone over 25 pg/ml) amd estradiol between 20-30 pg/ml (estradiol being the most difficult thing to get right). As odd as it might sounds estradiol within range was key for libido and energy (a "female" hormone responsible for libido in men might sound odd). HCG didnt really change how i felt to be honest but i added because i wanted to remain fertile (still trying to get there).
    I'm curious, are you on AI? I only ask because if you need to be at 1000 to have a 20-30 E2 level that's an even lower aromatizer than myself, and I thought I was low!

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoesmith View Post
    I'm curious, are you on AI? I only ask because if you need to be at 1000 to have a 20-30 E2 level that's an even lower aromatizer than myself, and I thought I was low!
    I am using anastrozole 0.25mg E3D

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by HealthMan View Post
    I am using anastrozole 0.25mg E3D
    Okay that makes more sense now, lol, no worries.

  16. #15
    Ok everyone.
    I just ordered a full set of blood work from Discountedlabs.com
    hopefully with the correct testing I can move closer to a solution!!!

  17. #16
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Soilsample View Post
    Ok everyone.
    I just ordered a full set of blood work from Discountedlabs.com
    hopefully with the correct testing I can move closer to a solution!!!
    That's a good start. I'm also patient of Defy Medical, the reason I chose them. I couldn't find a good TRT doctor in Wisconsin and did not like any clinics here. I am very happy with Defy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hematocrit Down Total T Back Up
    By Smokin Joe in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-11-2016, 06:39 AM
  2. Hematocrit Down Total T Back Up
    By Smokin Joe in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2016, 01:39 PM
  3. Total t range to aim for?
    By madman in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2016, 09:00 AM
  4. Total T & Free high on TRT so why don't I feel increase Libido?
    By kram22 in forum Blood Test Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-12-2015, 07:48 AM
  5. Free / Total Testosterone
    By James in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 09:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •