Add Metformin to TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

Having blood work done for Defy this week. Will see where the hematocrit is at and then decide if I should continue it or not after consult.

If the Metformin is working, maybe the tired feeling could be from lowered hematocrit??? I have lived at a mile high for 34 yrs. so my hemtocrit is at the top end of the range. Doesn't bother me or my PCP, but Defy doesn't like it.

Very unlikely given the reduction in hematocrit is probably only a few points from an already elevated number. Maybe worth checking glucose levels. Like Nelson mentioned metformin sometimes causes vitamin B12 malabsorption which can cause fatigue... however this is correlated with how long you have been using it. My initial dosage of 500mg 2x a day the tiredness went away in a litte over a week. But the 1g 2x has been tough on me. I will most likely reduce dosage back to 500mg 2x a day. I started TRT mostly because of being tired all the time amongst other things. So taking a drug that makes me tired makes no sense in my case

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

Metformin has helped me tremendously with my IBS symptoms. My GI doctor does not believe me, though.

I no longer get bloated after meals and my GI is stable. Lost around .5 inch of waist and 10 pounds not eating less. However, due to Metformin's lowering effect on IGF-1, my pump at the gym is not as good. I also inject B-12 three times per week since it lowers B-12 absorption. There is some talk that Metformin should be taken with citrulline since it may lower it (which may explain my less intense "pump"). I started citrulline with Metformin yesterday, so let's see.

Metformin Treatment Shown to Effect Citrulline Levels

Nelson
I am also a gym enthusiast like you (not as muscular though!). Some bodybuilders claim that metformin actually give some nice pumps given increased insulin sensitivity. However the immediate release formula seems to be the one preferred for this matter. I have experienced really nice pumps while on metformin when adding carbs peri workout. L-arginine and l-citrulline also helps. But what really helps with the pumps at the gym for me is agmatine

agmatine i read is a little tougher to use, i think it's carb sensitive or needs to be on an otherwise empty stomach...I have some...how are you using it?

HealthMan

agmatine i read is a little tougher to use, i think it's carb sensitive or needs to be on an otherwise empty stomach...I have some...how are you using it?

Most of these compounds work best in increasing HGH/IGF-1 when taken on an empty stomach or even better during fast (IF - intermittent fasting being a good option). But sometimes i dont use IF specifically when i am trying to bulk up quicker allowing some fat gain. In this case i use agmatine before my workout (30min usually) with some carbs (25-50g tops) and 5-10g BCAAs. One thing that really helps me with the pumps is caffeine. If i add caffeine to the agmatine i get really awesome pumps.

DorianGray

Dur
Duration of study and small sample size really impairs confidence in the study. Especially without listing any statistical analysis of the data.

Fernando Almaguer

The biggest improvement I see is in my A1c. I've also read that people who are type 2 diabetic and use metformin, outlive people that are not type 2 diabetics and don't use metformin.
Nice! Also remember people with type 2 Diabetes on Metformin are outliving folks without type 2 diabetes.

mcs

My 4-month trial of Metformin (1.5g) proved me right:
For all the wonderful health and ligevity-enhancing benefits, I' experienced a 36% drop in total testosterone since starting which I knew about and several studies have shown. I was already low normal (high 400s) which was not optimal, now am at 318 which is basically hypogonadal. Have been contemplating TRT for years but was concerned mainly over issues with moderate hypertension and past blood clots. This seems like it will push me over the edge to have embark on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me