1. #1

    Clomid - How to find a doctor?

    Hi. I am wondering how I may go about finding a doctor that is experienced in treating Low T using a Clomid protocol. I am willing to travel or telecommute if the physician is willing. I wish to remain fertile and I am just not ready to make that gaint leap to TRT yet. Thank you.

  2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    51
    Help Excelmale

    Defy
     

  3. #2
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,427
    If you post your area, maybe someone knows a good TRT doctor there. You could also call Defy Medical.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    If you post your area, maybe someone knows a good TRT doctor there. You could also call Defy Medical.
    I'm in the Omaha Nebraska area. If anyone knows I would greatly appreciate it. So, Defy would work with me on a Clomid protocol? Interesting. Thank you Vince!

  5. #4
    Defy's medical director, Dr. Justin Saya, initiated this long, discursive thread on Clomid success.

    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...hlight=Unicorn

  6. #5
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,427
    Are guys that do well on low dose clomid unicorns...or do they really exist? By Dr Saya.
    https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...y-really-exist

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    93
    I'm not advocating this approach but just sharing what I did. I bought clomid generic from one of the Indian pharmacies. I then told my Primary what I was doing & asked if he'd agree to do my blood work monitoring. I think he was like "well, he's already doing it so we'd better watch the numbers". He quickly became a believer after seeing me go fro mid 300's to low 600's. He also mentioned how he has another patient using clomid for secondary now.

  8. #7
    Moderator Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,427
    Sorry, I posted the same thread as Coast..

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Sorry, I posted the same thread as Coast..
    That's what great minds do.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveK22 View Post
    I'm not advocating this approach but just sharing what I did. I bought clomid generic from one of the Indian pharmacies. I then told my Primary what I was doing & asked if he'd agree to do my blood work monitoring. I think he was like "well, he's already doing it so we'd better watch the numbers". He quickly became a believer after seeing me go fro mid 300's to low 600's. He also mentioned how he has another patient using clomid for secondary now.
    Coastwatcher what should I include in my blood work besides total T & free T? Two years ago I also bought some online as an experiment - 25mg 5 days on 5 days off. My T went to 1100 then I stopped because I new too little about the subject. I figure its better to be monitored by someone with experience and WITHOUT an agenda of automatically selling me TRT w/o regards to me as an individual. Some here I have found that they are only in it for the money that long term TRT will bring them.

  11. #10
    Total and free testosterone, LH, FSH, SHBG, estradiol (sensitive test), CBC, CMP, prolactin, DHT, DHEA, PSA, TSH, t3, t4, rT3, thyroid antibodies.

    These are the essential lbs the doctor with knowledge of androgen replacement would ask for.
    Last edited by CoastWatcher; 01-08-2017 at 10:01 PM.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Gef View Post
    Coastwatcher what should I include in my blood work besides total T & free T? Two years ago I also bought some online as an experiment - 25mg 5 days on 5 days off. My T went to 1100 then I stopped because I new too little about the subject. I figure its better to be monitored by someone with experience and WITHOUT an agenda of automatically selling me TRT w/o regards to me as an individual. Some here I have found that they are only in it for the money that long term TRT will bring them.
    Almost by definition, any physician (including myself) who starts you on Clomid (assuming the clinical case is appropriate) instead of directly on TRT, would NOT have an agenda of automatically "selling" you TRT. In fact, the basic goal of Clomid therapy is to potentially avoid or at least delay the need for TRT in the first place. I will say this - Clomid is a tricky and complex treatment, you would be best served by finding a knowledgeable and experienced provider to assist you.

  13. #12
    Thank you Coastwatcher for the lab info. - Last November, before I became aware of this website and Dr. Saya, I tried Clomid a second time with a script from my GP at 0.25mg four times a week. Today I received my lab results from 2 weeks ago and according to the report my Free and Total Testosterone Serum is 1500 ng/dL and my Free Testosterone (Direct) is 31.6 pg/mL. Other than being too high I'm not sure what to make of these readings after having used Clomid for 1 1/2 months and before I decided to contact Defy Medical. Now I'm wondering if I should wait until later or proceed with my reports and a Defy consultation?

  14. #13
    Super Moderator Nelson Vergel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Houston, Texas, United States
    Posts
    6,786
    Gef

    You mean 25 mg 4 times per week, right?. How are you feeling? Some men drop down their dose to 12.5 mg per day and feel OK.

  15. #14
    You're right Nelson, I meant 25mg 4 times a week. I feel ok - the same as I did before I began when I was around 400 ng/dL. Maybe it will take more time to feel any difference? I'll try 12.5mg.

  16. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gef View Post
    You're right Nelson, I meant 25mg 4 times a week. I feel ok - the same as I did before I began when I was around 400 ng/dL. Maybe it will take more time to feel any difference? I'll try 12.5mg.
    You need to keep a close eye on LH and estradiol to appropriately titrate your Clomid dosage. Just based on your T measurement itself, it would appear your HPTA is very capable of endogenous testosterone production.
    Lead Physician & Medical Director
    www.defymedical.com

    NOTE: Comments on this forum are NOT medical advice and are no substitute for individualized patient care. Comments on this forum do not constitute or establish a physician-patient relationship. Please consult your personal physician prior to initiating or changing ANY treatment regimen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to Find a Good Doctor that Prescribes Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole
    By Excel Male in forum Testosterone Basics & Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2016, 04:48 PM
  2. How to Find a Good Doctor that Prescribes Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole
    By Excel Male in forum Doctor and Clinic Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 02:26 PM
  3. How to Find a Good Doctor that Prescribes Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole
    By Excel Male in forum Prevent & Reverse Side Effects (HCG, Anastrozole, etc)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM
  4. How to Find a Good Doctor that Prescribes Testosterone, HCG and Anastrozole
    By Excel Male in forum Doctor and Clinic Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 09:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •