HCG Mono Advice

Buy Lab Tests Online

StackTrace

I was put on HCG therapy about 9 months ago at 2000iu 3x a week and 1mg Anastrazole EOD. My estrogen has been high at 60. My doctor tends to be aggressive in the dosing. I lowered the HCG on my own over the past 5 months and I'm now down to around 1000iu 3x week and still the 1mg Anastrazole. Last visit he finally decided to lower my HCG by 500iu to 1500iu 3x week, but then he prescribed me clomid 100mg ED.

1. I'm not a fan of clomid and 100mg seems aggressive.
2. I know from blood tests that I don't really need 2000iu dosage on HCG. I will go in in a few weeks to see where I'm at at 1000iu and 1mg anastrazole, but I suspect I can lower the HCG dosage even further.
3. I feel like I can control my numbers and my treatment better on my own for a lot less money. This isn't rocket science.
4. He took too long to finally try to lower the estrogen and I suspect he makes a lot of money off the HCG so he may have been lowering the dosage as a last resort.

I've been reading the forums and I'm leaning towards just buying the HCG online and the Anastrazole and setting my dosage myself. My testosterone is over 1230 last I went in, so I'm happy with the levels, but the dosages feel too aggressive and unnecessary. Thoughts?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

What does your blood work show? Free and Total T, Sensitive E2, SHBG? 100 mg Clomid ED is a huge dose. We see Clomid protocols with as little as 12.5 mg ED or even EOD. The Anastroszole dose is huge as well unless you were having significant and obvious high E2 symptoms like itchy and/or painful nipples or have a history of gyno. A smart starting dose for Anastrozole for 99% of guys is 0.25 mg twice a week.

PAUL-E

Welcome to ExcelMale.
Very high does IMO
100mg clomid is WAY too high IMO some things your better off starting low and working your way up giving you body time to adjust.
you probably are getting inner testicular aromatization and that's probably why your high dose of anastrozole isn't helping.
I'm not a doctor and don't have a lot of HCG mono therapy experience but I would consider trying HCG 300-350ius 3x a week or 200-250ius EOD no AI or .25mg 2x a week for 6 weeks then get tested or test yourself (discount labs) and make adjustments from there. please up date us on what you do and how it works for you.
How do you feel?

StackTrace

What does your blood work show? Free and Total T, Sensitive E2, SHBG? 100 mg Clomid ED is a huge dose. We see Clomid protocols with as little as 12.5 mg ED or even EOD. The Anastroszole dose is huge as well unless you were having significant and obvious high E2 symptoms like itchy and/or painful nipples or have a history of gyno. A smart starting dose for Anastrozole for 99% of guys is 0.25 mg twice a week.

Unfortunately he never gave me the results of all that stuff. It's one of the reasons I'm strongly considering doing this stuff on my own. I have a laundry list of reasons at this point. Only reason I was continuing to go to him was because I couldn't find another doctor who did HCG. I have no symptoms of high E.

StackTrace

Welcome to ExcelMale.
Very high does IMO
100mg clomid is WAY too high IMO some things your better off starting low and working your way up giving you body time to adjust.
you probably are getting inner testicular aromatization and that's probably why your high dose of anastrozole isn't helping.
I'm not a doctor and don't have a lot of HCG mono therapy experience but I would consider trying HCG 300-350ius 3x a week or 200-250ius EOD no AI or .25mg 2x a week for 6 weeks then get tested or test yourself (discount labs) and make adjustments from there. please up date us on what you do and how it works for you.
How do you feel?

I feel fine. Like I said, I'm happy with the testosterone level, but the E has been high. What are these discount labs?

StackTrace

On a side note, I have done Test E in the past. I'm doing HCG mono due to the fertility concerns. If you do HCG and Test E together are there still fertility issues?

Vince

Super Moderator
Welcome to ExcelMale.
Very high does IMO
How do you feel?

Just so we completely understand, are you doing a restart?

StackTrace

No. Just trying to keep my test elevated. I tend to hang around 400 naturally and I don't like it. Not the lowest ever, but definitely not ideal. I'm going the HCG route for fertility issues when I did Test E with no HCG. It's actually been surprisingly effective if it weren't for the E issue. I suspect though that after a certain dose there isn't any benefit which is why lowering my HCG secretly has had no effect on my numbers.

That being said, I haven't actually tried going off HCG or anything else since trying it. I don't know if my natural level is a lot higher now than 400 when I suspect I was shut down.

Vince

Super Moderator
No. Just trying to keep my test elevated. I tend to hang around 400 naturally and I don't like it. Not the lowest ever, but definitely not ideal. I'm going the HCG route for fertility issues when I did Test E with no HCG. It's actually been surprisingly effective if it weren't for the E issue. I suspect though that after a certain dose there isn't any benefit which is why lowering my HCG secretly has had no effect on my numbers.

That being said, I haven't actually tried going off HCG or anything else since trying it. I don't know if my natural level is a lot higher now than 400 when I suspect I was shut down.

I don't know your age but it sounds like you still want children, so you should consider a restart.

StackTrace

Recently turned 34. I don't think there are any fertility issues with what I'm doing now. The reason he prescribed clomid is because he lowered my HCG so I guess he thought my testosterone would drop. Obviously that is not the case since I have been lowering it on my own anyway with no change in numbers. I really don't feel clomid is necessary. The current regiment has been fine for the most part, it's just way over dosed and there are some E issues since I'm up around 60 consistently.

Sean Mosher

PrimeBody offers both hCG and Anastrozole if you want to continue Clomid with the doctor you are currently with.
They will work with you based on your bloodwork and current protocol if you cannot get a script for both otherwise.

PAUL-E

To be blunt you need a new doctor.
doesn't HCG suppress the HPTA making clomid useless when on HCG?
if anyone knows please post.

Last edited:

Re-Ride

Does hCG suppress the axis?

It's used in early phase restart. Given your age and goals a restart would be worth a try. If you were naive to hCG I'd try either 100 IU daly or up to 250 IU two or three times weekly to start. My experience on high dose mono similar to what you were on was initially fantastic but failure ( as measured by lower serum T and a return of fatigue) at about the one year mark. After withdrawing for a while then restarting mono at the lower dosing my sensitivity and response returned.

This should be regarded as anecdotal. I'm much older and with other medical issues. Ultimately my health was only restored and relief of symptoms obtained by returning to TRT, this time on injection and with the addition of a second anabolic steroid + low dose hCG.

Due to new HHS rules your doctor no longer needs to "release" your results. Write the lab. The must result directly to you upon written request. Your doc is also obliged to result you. Give his M.A. a written HIPAA release naming yourself as the recipient. Or as the others say, seek competent SOTA care.

StackTrace

I think I'm going to just go off everything and see where I end up at. If I go back on something again I'm thinking SubQ testosterone injections with HCG to keep fertility and functional. Can anyone confirm the viability of that?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me