Numbers question!

Buy Lab Tests Online

James

As it relates to Once weekly vs. Twice-weekly injections, I understand the issue of the roller coaster subjective feelings that come with once weekly injections, however just purely based on numbers, would a guy generally have higher total and free testosterone on the moment before an injection on a once a week protocol of 100mg, or the moment before an injection on a twice-weekly 50mg protocol?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Its going to vary depending upon SHBG levels and other factors. There is a reason why cutting edge TRT clinics like Defy Medical have their guys injecting every 3.5 days (or more often) - and that reason is because it works better than once a week.

James

Its going to vary depending upon SHBG levels and other factors. There is a reason why cutting edge TRT clinics like Defy Medical have their guys injecting every 3.5 days (or more often) - and that reason is because it works better than once a week.

I can't find the thread but there's a TRT doc who said something along the lines of injecting 40 milligrams of testosterone twice a week (80 mg total), is about the same as injecting 100 mg of testosterone once a week. Do you recall reading something like that?

ERO

Yes, that sounds familiar. The idea is that with 100 mg once a week, you drop a long ways by the next shot, so two shots of 40 mg each during the same week is going to give you a higher Total T at the end of the week, plus the advantage of a more even level over the course of the week as well.

James

Vince - I think there's a lot of confusion regarding half life. If a guy was taking 100mg of Cypionate once a week, by day 7 he should still have 50% of that dose, or 50 milligrams, still in his blood? That sounds like there's still a lot in the blood after 1 week, and that supports the belief that once weekly injections are adequate, and labs may suppprt that. So the issue with once a week injections may not be the numbers on your labs being to low on day 7 of a once weekly protocol (mine were always great). The issue with injecting once a week is 'feeling' the numbers fluctuate so much during the week and experiencing the problems that come with that.

PAUL-E

Vince - I think there's a lot of confusion regarding half life. If a guy was taking 100mg of Cypionate once a week, by day 7 he should still have 50% of that dose, or 50 milligrams, still in his blood? That sounds like there's still a lot in the blood after 1 week, and that supports the belief that once weekly injections are adequate, and labs may suppprt that. So the issue with once a week injections may not be the numbers on your labs being to low on day 7 of a once weekly protocol (mine were always great). The issue with injecting once a week is 'feeling' the numbers fluctuate so much during the week and experiencing the problems that come with that.
Another factor besides half life to further complicate things is ones SHBG and how fast there system clears the test

ERO

There is "adequate" and then their is "optimal" and for most guys twice or more weekly injections will provide more even T levels and less conversion to E2 (which is optimal) than once a week injections.

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree injecting every 3 1/2 days, sure seems to cause a lot of less problems. Most do better with nice even levels of testosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me