Why does anastrozole lower my T levels?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DDD

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and this is my second post. I've been on TRT for two years now. I wish I would have known all the things I learned on this forum when I started TRT.

Here's a question. Most of the reading I've done and posts I've seen mentioned how an AI (like anastrozole or armidex) lowers your E2 levels and decreases aromatization which is supposed to raise your TT levels.

But when I take anastrozole it not only lowers my E2 and but also lowers my TT. What's going on? Is that normal?

Also, I've noticed that when my E2 levels get into the highs 30s or low 40s affects libido and arousal. Is that normal? But yet I've seen posts where guys have E2 levels of 50 or higher and it doesn't affect them. Sometimes 30s and 40s don't bother me, sometimes it does. I've never been able to get my E2 levels consistently into the teens while maintaining a testosterone level of 800s or more.

I've had a doctors office tell that when my E2 level was 69 that it was a little high but not to worry about it. I knew better than that.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Was the test the Standard or the Ultra Sensitive E2 test? Only the ultra sensitive is accurate for men - the regular test overstates your true levels.

DDD

It was the standard test? I've only recently learned about the sensitive assays. But I have different test results from different labs, some use standard and some use sensitive (I've actually had to call them and ask which method they use, now I know what to ask for). Maybe this is why I can't find a regimen that gives me consistent levels.

So if my E2 is highs 30s or 40s on a standard test, how do I calculate what that would be on the sensitive test? I've read that E2 levels are optimal at 20-30, but is that on a standard scale or sensitive scale?

None of the doctors told me this stuff. I had to learn it myself.

ERO

Generally, the regular test overstates your true levels by 10 or so points, but it can vary. The idea of 20-30 being optimal is based upon a Total T of 6-700. If your Total T is 1100, then your optimal E2 is gonna be higher than your optimal E2 at 600. Most regular (Not TRT experts) doctors do not understand that, either.

CoastWatcher

It was the standard test? I've only recently learned about the sensitive assays. But I have different test results from different labs, some use standard and some use sensitive (I've actually had to call them and ask which method they use, now I know what to ask for). Maybe this is why I can't find a regimen that gives me consistent levels.

So if my E2 is highs 30s or 40s on a standard test, how do I calculate what that would be on the sensitive test? I've read that E2 levels are optimal at 20-30, but is that on a standard scale or sensitive scale?

None of the doctors told me this stuff. I had to learn it myself.

As ERO has noted, the best you can do when working with a standard estradiol assay, is realize that it is reporting an elevated E2 level; there is no formula to "convert" one to the other.

DDD

So what would be the optimal E2 level for TT in the 800s? Is this where the 14-20 ratio comes in?

I have always used the 20-30 scale and have never been able to get my E2 in the 20s (standard test).

I could never figure out why I would have an erection or arousal issue with E2 in the high 30s, but not when E2 was in the 40s. Could that be where the 14-20 ratio comes in to play?

DDD

Can you help me understand why anastrozole lowers my TT? I've read where for most guys it actually raises their T level because it blocks conversion to E. But when I take anastrozole it not only lowers my E2 but also my T. Why is that? Does anyone else have this experience?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me