Introduction

Buy Lab Tests Online
Checking in from the Facebook group

A short intro,

I am 54, gay male, Cop and, Army National Guardsmen weekend soldier. I have deployed to Iraq and other places over the years, work some crazy hours, and have been on the emotional rollercoaster with this condition.

About a year ago the doctor I had seen for the last 35 years retired and I had to find a new family doc. After talking with the new doc he asked if I had ever been tested for “low testosterone” the test showed my level at 139. He put me on Andro gel 1.62% two pumps, (one each shoulder)

Three months later the number was 250, so he increased it to two pumps each shoulder, six months the numbers come back at 750 and the doc said that was too high, and cut the androgel back to three pumps.

Than, I get a letter from the insurance company that this doctor had been suspended for six months and was no longer accepting my insurance. Guess that is why the doc said to not come back for six months.

So, now I am searching for another doctor, and educating myself on this condition. When I first went to the Facebook group, I down loaded the files and was amazed at all the great information.

I now realize that this doctor should have been at least giving me written test results instead of just a verbal stating that my testosterone level is XXX number. I have no clue if he ever tested me for anything else related low T and now I have a good list of questions to ask a new potential doctor. One of my biggest questions is the weight gain, I have put on 30 pounds since I started this, and NO it is NOT from me over eating.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Hi Buddy - Welcome to the forum.

The good news in your story is that you at least found a Doc who knew somewhat how to test you and measure you...most "family" Doctor's don't know androgen replacement therapy for men only what big Pharma teaches them.

Here's what I would recommend; look for an anti aging Physician in our area. You can do a simple Google search on the same or go to www.a4m.com and look for a Doctor in your area there or search the Testosterone Facts & Questions forums and look there as well.

You need to find a Doctor who understands how to evaluate you correctly, how to administer the right protocols (possibly injections) and how to monitor you over the long haul.

It's not as easy as just putting a Gel on every morning...much more to it.

That being said, when you are dialed in and everything is adjusting accordingly...it's a new world especially if you want to live an extra 15 or 20 years as a healthy male:)

Thanks, I know I still have a lot to learn, I have been doing my homework. I agree, the more I learn about low T, the more I realize it is not as simple as putting on gel in the morning.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
It is a lot more complicated than adding a cream on each morning Buddy and glade to see you taking an interest and learning how you will live a much longer and healthier life!

Cheers:)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching