Squeeze and Hold Sets

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
This is why between chest and lat movements I do two sets of 15 second squeeze and hold sets before I start my next weight set. My muscle gains have been significant.

Most bodybuilders pay very little attention to isometric contractions, yet when they get ready for a competition, they spend many hours in front of the mirror, posing. Many of us know that posing is extremely fatiguing and often neglected; but posing can actually add inches, according to new research.

Sixteen young men were allocated to a training or a control group. The training group conducted a 12-week, three-day-a-week training program that consisted of four-second maximal voluntary contractions of elbow flexors and extensors.

Basically, the men would spend time simultaneously contracting their biceps and triceps. Muscle strength and thicknesses of biceps and triceps were measured before intervention and after four and 12 weeks.

At the end of the study, muscle size also significantly increased in both biceps (+4%) and triceps (+4%) at 12 weeks. Agonist EMG activities during maximal voluntary contractions significantly increased in both elbow flexors (+31% at four weeks and +44% at 12 weeks) and extensors (+27% at four weeks and +40% at 12 weeks), without changes in antagonist involuntary coactivation level in both muscle groups. This study shows that isometric contractions can increase strength and muscle mass. - FLEX

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am a a true believer that "hold-and-squeeze" is more important than the actual weight you use. Here is a video of my bicep curl technique. I really do not believe in super heavy weights. I have never injured myself in the gym in 30 years!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me