Since June 2017 my SHGB has steadly dropped and I can't figure out why.

Buy Lab Tests Online
My SHGB was never measured when I was on TRT with my PCP(mono T Gel) for 6 months so I don't have that data.
While on TRT with my PCP my TT was 630 FT 18 E2 sens unknown but high from symptoms.

In June of 2017 I joined Defy and my first initial blood test with them my SHGB was 38.2 (range 19.3 to 76.4)
Then in Sept I did another blood test and my SHGB was 31.7.
Again in Nov 28.9 and again in Jan 24.2

At this rate I will be down to 0 in just a few years. Other data points during this time I was steady state at 630 for 6 months, 350 for 3 months and 1175 for 2 months. I have had 3 protocol. 1 tube daily Testim Gel 1%. 20% compounded T cream 3 clicks, and 150mg Tcyp M/W/F

I just find this interesting and confusing since most post here their SHGB never changes.

Comment ideas as to what might be going on?

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Most see a drop in SHBG after awhile depending on their protocol, sometimes if pushing high Total T you see a larger drop in SHBG. Your current protocol is 150mg Tcyp M/W/F, correct? Have you changed your diet?

You're trying to compare yourself to everyone else, everybody is different.

thats AI's did to you
take a look
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3103776/
AI users demonstrated maintenance of total body fat, an increase in lean body mass and free testosterone levels, and a decrease in SHBG levels compared to no-AI users. The mechanisms and implications of these changes need to be studied further.
dr crisler wrote in his board
AI drugs usually do lower SHBG. http://www.allthingsmale.com/community/threads/ai-drugs-usually-lower-shbg.3284/
estrogen is known to increase shbg
I bet if a guy starts standard 100mg-150mg weekly T only protocol with no AI his SHBG and other parameters will remain superhealthy and continue to improve while other guy with AI maybe will feel great for a while but in time will have a lot of different issues.. I've been there

Most see a drop in SHBG after awhile depending on their protocol, sometimes if pushing high Total T you see a larger drop in SHBG. Your current protocol is 150mg Tcyp M/W/F, correct? Have you changed your diet?

You're trying to compare yourself to everyone else, everybody is different.

No change in diet for over a year. 35/40/25
My T steady state has been high 630 then low 325 and 350(first 3 months with Defy's cream) then super high 1175 yet my SHGB steadly drops.

I am not comparing myself with others, not sure where that came from? It was just something I have noticed when other posts here.
The only people posting drops in SHGB have made huge T injection increases meaning less frequent and larger doses.

Last edited:

Pringle

You are not alone in this regard. I have had a similar experience with my SHBG. When I started pellet trt roughly 2 years ago mine was 58. Switched to injections a year ago it was 47. 6 months ago 42 and a couple of weeks ago 32. I am e3.5d injections 50mg. and do take a micro dose of .0625 Anastrozole. My T levels have been very stable between 850 and 900 for last 6 months testing every 6 weeks. Amazing how we all respond so differently!

thats AI's did to you
take a look
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3103776/
AI users demonstrated maintenance of total body fat, an increase in lean body mass and free testosterone levels, and a decrease in SHBG levels compared to no-AI users. The mechanisms and implications of these changes need to be studied further.
dr crisler wrote in his board
AI drugs usually do lower SHBG. http://www.allthingsmale.com/community/threads/ai-drugs-usually-lower-shbg.3284/
estrogen is known to increase shbg
I bet if a guy starts standard 100mg-150mg weekly T only protocol with no AI his SHBG and other parameters will remain superhealthy and continue to improve while other guy with AI maybe will feel great for a while but in time will have a lot of different issues.. I've been there

That could very well be.
My AI has been steady thru all of these protocols.
My PCP left me with a 63 E2 and 18 prolactin. My tits were leaking water and so sore I had to wear bandaids.
Defy put me on .125 Anastrozole 3 times a week and within 7 days my high E and prolactic symptoms were gone.
Even when Defys cream was not working my E2 only went down to 17.2 and when I was injecting 150Tcyp a week it held my E2 at 28.9

My current protocol is not steady state yet but I can already tell it will be about perfect. 120/w M/W/F 800 HCG/w and AI as I feel necessary.
Right now I am taking 1 on Wed and Sat.

I am not in the camp that a higher SHGB is better or healther in fact I love my current SHGB I just don't want it to go any lower.

You are not alone in this regard. I have had a similar experience with my SHBG. When I started pellet trt roughly 2 years ago mine was 58. Switched to injections a year ago it was 47. 6 months ago 42 and a couple of weeks ago 32. I am e3.5d injections 50mg. and do take a micro dose of .0625 Anastrozole. My T levels have been very stable between 850 and 900 for last 6 months testing every 6 weeks. Amazing how we all respond so differently!

Thanks Pringle maybe my situation is not so strange after all.

HealthMan

For me the higher the injection frequency the lower my SHBG goes. However when injectiny twice a week it has been anywhere between 22-26 range

madman

Super Moderator
My SHGB was never measured when I was on TRT with my PCP(mono T Gel) for 6 months so I don't have that data.
While on TRT with my PCP my TT was 630 FT 18 E2 sens unknown but high from symptoms.

In June of 2017 I joined Defy and my first initial blood test with them my SHGB was 38.2 (range 19.3 to 76.4)

At this rate I will be down to 0 in just a few years. Other data points duering this time I was steady state at 630 for 6 months, 350 for 3 months and 1175 for 2 months. I have had 3 protocol. 1 tube daily Testim Gel 1%. 20% compounded T cream 3 clicks, and 150mg Tcyp M/W/F

I just find this interesting and confusing since most post here their SHGB never changes.

Inflammation/liver health a possibility?

Attachments

• 1471_6891_1_PB_1.pdf
    547.6 KB · Views: 66

At this rate I will be down to 0 in just a few years. Other data points during this time I was steady state at 630 for 6 months, 350 for 3 months and 1175 for 2 months. I have had 3 protocol. 1 tube daily Testim Gel 1%. 20% compounded T cream 3 clicks, and 150mg Tcyp M/W/F

How much stability, how long have you been on 150 M/W/F and whithin THAT period how does your SHBG stack up? I would only compare the numbers within the injections protocol and discount the creams and other protocols you've been on.

It doesn't seem like something to be concerned about honestly. Seems normal. I wouldn't overthink it. Mention to the doc and let him him decide.

Hi user_Joe thanks for joining in on the conversation. I am not too worried yet. The 24.2 SHGB is pretty nice I can have a very high free T with much less TT and injection quantity. If it drops into the teens I will be getting worried.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me