Blood test needed. CVS needs a prior authorization

CVS is requesting authorization from my doctor to get testosterone cyponiate after 1 year of being on TRT.
    I asked my doctor to send the approval to CVS to tell them I still need the testosterone. Dr replied my last blood test was too high and I need another blood that reads within levels. Otherwise they wonít approve it.

My last blood test was ó- Total testosterone: 1126 on a range of 280-916

Iíve been taking 50-52 mg (try to stay at 50 but sometimes goes slightly over) e3.5d. My last injection was Monday morning. I want to hold off on doing any more injections so I can make the blood test totals lower.

When do you think would be okay for me to get the blood test to be within levels?

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Do you get labs on injection day before you inject?
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

Cut your dose to 45mg EOD and stop fudging the numbers with this one day it's this and the next time it's that dose. There's no reason for you to be over the lab range with few exceptions. Have your SHBG pulled, too, when you do that set of labs. This is a problem with insurance paying their part of the script, right?

Your saying change the protolcol to 45mg every other day? Wouldnít that make it go higher?

Yes itís for insurance reasons. Cvs sent me a letter for dr to send a pre authorization. They havenít seen my numbers, I guess itís just a thing they do every year to make sure I need it

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    Cut your dose to 45mg EOD and stop fudging the numbers with this one day it's this and the next time it's that dose. There's no reason for you to be over the lab range with few exceptions. Have your SHBG pulled, too, when you do that set of labs. This is a problem with insurance paying their part of the script, right?

Last time I got it done the day before I injected

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Do you get labs on injection day before you inject?

sorry I miss read your dose I mean 45mg E3.5D not EOD. The unfort part is you'll be stuck in that with insurance payments. Sending you a PM

Thread Information