letrozole dosage

My Doctor just started me on letrozole and doing some reading on this site I think there was a mistake in my dosage. Iím a low SHBG guy and my last E lab was in the upper range of normal at 44. But I have not been able to lose any weight with diet and exercise, Iím currently 6-0Ē tall and weight 226. My doctor thinks Iím E sensitive and wants me to start letrozole. He prescribed 2.5mg every other day but that dose seems very high from my reading. Iím thinking it should be .25mg every other day. Thoughts?

My doctor has recently joined a new practice and this wouldnít be the first mix up his new staff has made.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Letrozole is not a common estrogen blocker used on this site, what type of AI are you on now?
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

I am not on any AI. This will be the first time one one. Iím currently taking 50mg of test Cyp twice per week for a total of 100mg per week. Besides not being able to loose any weight on trt I have been having some side effect attributed to high E and my doctor started me on this AI.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    I am not on any AI. This will be the first time one one. I’m currently taking 50mg of test Cyp twice per week for a total of 100mg per week. Besides not being able to loose any weight on trt I have been having some side effect attributed to high E and my doctor started me on this AI.
    Your estrogen is not really that high to cause symptoms. Also did you have the right the estradiol test the sensitive one for men.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

I have really low SHBG and my doctor says that makes me more sensitive to E. I only had the standard E test done but asked for the sensitive test when I get new labs done in a month.

you are correct that is likely a mistake. letrozole is very strong. arimidex is more commonly utilized usually at very low dosages which need to be compounded. in general the use of an ai should be avoided. are you on TRT?

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    I have really low SHBG and my doctor says that makes me more sensitive to E. I only had the standard E test done but asked for the sensitive test when I get new labs done in a month.
    If you get these labs ask for an additional test called Estradiol, Free....would be nice to see it in a low SHBG guy which is were your Doc is going with "more sensitive to E", being much less tolerant to Estrogen levels.

Thread Information