Stopping HCG?

Buy Lab Tests Online

S1W

I started my TRT journey without HCG. I added in HCG a few months ago, and I really don't like it.

Aside from it simply being one more damn thing to mess with, I have noticed absolutely NO benefit whatsoever. Balls more or less the same size/firmness, no improved sense of well-being, nothing that I can think of. If anything, it has been a net negative - E2 higher, etc. and I just generally don't feel right for a few hours after injecting (300IU E3.5D).

I understand the theory of why people use it and know that some people feel much better on it. However, as I am one of the people that don't seem to derive any benefit from it, what would be the harm in going back to a T only protocol?

The only reason I would continue using HCG would be as some sort of insurance policy in case I choose to come off TRT one day. However, my doc told me there has never been a documented case of someone who was on TRT that quit and did not return to their baseline. And people had been on TRT before HCG came into common use and presumably some of them quit TRT and came off just fine.

So - any good reason to continue using HCG?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
There's a few guys on EM that are flying under the radar about not using HCG. I myself I only use it to keep my nuts from looking shrunken up and then that's only a minimal amount of HCG. I've stopped and started and just don't want the (potential) shrinkage otherwise I'd drop it. Ive used as little as 100iu E3.5D but cant testify to that being effective very much.

CoastWatcher

I have used it, set it said, resumed. I believe it maintains my testicles in regard to size...it does nothing else for me. I understand the arguments in favour of use, but if you want to stop, stop.

Gman86

I wouldn't worry too much about being infertile if you ever come off of TRT. Almost every female is on birth control which introduces exogenous hormones like TRT does. Most women are on birth control from the time they are 14 to sometimes 30+ and have no issues most of the time being fertile. It's the same thing with men, you should go right back to being fertile if TRT is ever discontinued. If that's not the case you'd be a minority, definitely not the majority.

Even if you ended up in the minority and was infertile, there's always things like Clomid or HMG, so personally I wouldn't worry about it

S1W

Thanks for your responses guys. I'm barely (not at all?) concerned about fertility, or cosmetics, etc - my only concern would be about my ability to come off TRT if it ever comes to that point and have my testicles fire up and start working again.

It sounds like the consensus is: things would probably be fine, if I don't like HCG, just stop. Does that sound about right?

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Thanks for your responses guys. I'm barely (not at all?) concerned about fertility, or cosmetics, etc - my only concern would be about my ability to come off TRT if it ever comes to that point and have my testicles fire up and start working again.

It sounds like the consensus is: things would probably be fine, if I don't like HCG, just stop. Does that sound about right?

If you feel no benefits and are only experiencing negative effects than simply stop using it as you stated you are not concerned about fertility or fuller testes.

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree not everyone on TRT needs or wants to use HCG, I'm one that likes HCG. I do know it's not for everyone.

Gman86

Ya I honestly wouldn’t worry about it. From my reading of studies and anecdotal evidence, and even my personal experience so far when I’ve had to come off briefly, everything goes right back to your baseline. The only decline you will probably see in your numbers is the normal decline you would experience simply just from getting older and obv producing less testosterone due to age. It shouldn’t take too long to reach baseline again either. And if it takes longer than you would like, a quick month of clomid will get you right back to baseline after you discontinue the clomid. With you being on HCG tho ur baseline should come fairly quick I would imagine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me