Should I Stop Taking Creatine?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jth0524

I have been taking creatine for a few months now. I recently got back some labs that are a little concerning.

GFR: 48.9 (>60.0)
Creatinine: 1.6 (0.7-1.3)

My past GFR’s have normally ranged between 70-90. Should I stop taking the creatine? Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Will Brink

I have been taking creatine for a few months now. I recently got back some labs that are a little concerning.

My past GFR's have normally ranged between 70-90. Should I stop taking the creatine? Thanks

Creatine can raise creatinine but has never been shown to lower GFR in healthy people and long term studies don't find negative impact kidney function, You could stop and retest GFR sure. Do you have a pre existing kidney issues that has you testing GFR regularly?

I never test a CMP without fasting and having taken at least 72hrs off from the gym and creatine. You can easily inflate Creatinine test not doing all of those things.

HealthMan

My past GFR’s have normally ranged between 70-90. Should I stop taking the creatine? Thanks
The number you have is most likely eGFR (estimated GFR) that is a formula that uses creatine, albumin, sex, age etc to estimate your GFR. Creatine use can increase creatinine and consequently eGFR. So can lifting weights and having higher than normal muscle mass.
If thats the case you can a test called cystatin C test that is not correlated to muscle mass. Or also have a 24 hour urine creatinine clearance.
Again eGFR for weight lifters a lot of times will underestimate your kidney function

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me