Thread: High Estradiol

Unhappy High Estradiol

I had my blood tested, via Discounted Labs.
    I only had a Testosterone and Estradiol Sensitive test.
    i've been trying to find some information about what the best dosage is for Arimidex, but haven't found anything.

My Estradiol was in the high range. It was 49.3 pg./ml. Their range is (8.0-35.0)

I have Arimidex 1 mg. tablets, but i'm concerned about what dose to take and when to take it. i want to start taking the A.I., but I want to take enough and i don't want it to go too low.

My Testosterone was high, according to Lab Corp.
    The Total was 1062 ng./ml. Their range is (264-936)

and the Free was 37.0 pg/ml. Their range is (8.0-35)
    No wonder my nipples have been sore and sensitive.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

If you wanted to try an AI, I wouldn't recommend a higher dose of .125 twice a week. Looking at your labs personal I don't think you need it, I know everyone is different.

This study shows that 9 out of 21 men did not have estradiol increases after an injection of testosterone.

Message to all: starting anastrozole without first getting your estradiol measured by ultrasensitive analysis is not smart and may be providing treatment to men who do not need it! Estradiol is our friend, not enemy. There is no reason whatsoever for treating estradiol unless it is high ( probably above 50 pg/mL) and if you have gynecomastia (although some researchers argue that gynecomastia is a deficiency of testosterone to balance out estradiol).

Effect of a single injection of testosterone enanthate on 17β estradiol and bone turnover markers

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...should-take-it
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

I agree with Vince, I see no use of AI for you. Let me fill you in on labs and their lab ranges: no Dr or other authority ever developed those ranges as this is low and it's bad or this is high and it's bad. Lab ranges are simply the population that the lab serves and what they are seeing in that population.

Some nipple itch is totally normally and acceptable in TRT.

You need to list your protocol. How much T and how often. hCg?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped one View Post
    I had my blood tested, via Discounted Labs.
    I only had a Testosterone and Estradiol Sensitive test.
    i've been trying to find some information about what the best dosage is for Arimidex, but haven't found anything.

My Estradiol was in the high range. It was 49.3 pg./ml. Their range is (8.0-35.0)

I have Arimidex 1 mg. tablets, but i'm concerned about what dose to take and when to take it. i want to start taking the A.I., but I want to take enough and i don't want it to go too low.

My Testosterone was high, according to Lab Corp.
    The Total was 1062 ng./ml. Their range is (264-936)

and the Free was 37.0 pg/ml. Their range is (8.0-35)
    No wonder my nipples have been sore and sensitive.
    Most important thing to consider is how do you feel overall on your current protocol? Regarding your estradiol sensitive being over the top end of the range you never mentioned any high e2 symptoms other than nipples being sore/sensitive which are not always a sign of high e2. People tend to over react at the first sign of nipple sensitivity and blame high e2. Regarding gynecomastia it is not common on trt doses as genetics play a strong factor. Your total t/free t numbers are slightly above the top end of the range and look good. Overall if you are feeling well on your current protocol and are only experiencing nipple sensitivity I would avoid adding the use of a.i. as it can be detrimental if you end up lowering your e2 too much which can cause a whole host of negative issues.

When my nipples start feeling weird I worry about prolactin not E2.
    It's prolactin that gives you man boobs.

When my E2 rises my prolactin goes up as well.

One or more item to consider is that you T is high. If you tested right before you next injection, that you are over 1000 at your low point. You peak is well outside of range. You could lower your T dose and increase injection frequency to reduce E2. Like Nashtide said, can you list more information?

I'm doing 2.5ml of testosterone two times per week.
    What other information?

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    One or more item to consider is that you T is high. If you tested right before you next injection, that you are over 1000 at your low point. You peak is well outside of range. You could lower your T dose and increase injection frequency to reduce E2. Like Nashtide said, can you list more information?

I guess I feel ok.
    Aren't there clinics that put a patient on Arimidex from the first dose?
    I don't want to play with this. What am I supposed to do? What is the best solution to where I'm at right now?
    I'm a little worried.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    Most important thing to consider is how do you feel overall on your current protocol? Regarding your estradiol sensitive being over the top end of the range you never mentioned any high e2 symptoms other than nipples being sore/sensitive which are not always a sign of high e2. People tend to over react at the first sign of nipple sensitivity and blame high e2. Regarding gynecomastia it is not common on trt doses as genetics play a strong factor. Your total t/free t numbers are slightly above the top end of the range and look good. Overall if you are feeling well on your current protocol and are only experiencing nipple sensitivity I would avoid adding the use of a.i. as it can be detrimental if you end up lowering your e2 too much which can cause a whole host of negative issues.

So what's the solution? Caber?

Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    When my nipples start feeling weird I worry about prolactin not E2.
    It's prolactin that gives you man boobs.

When my E2 rises my prolactin goes up as well.

No HCG right now. T dose is 2.5ml. twice per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashtide View Post
    You need to list your protocol. How much T and how often. hCg?

It feels more like the nipple tips are sore if they bump into anything. The right nipple has a real small lump underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Carter View Post
    I agree with Vince, I see no use of AI for you. Let me fill you in on labs and their lab ranges: no Dr or other authority ever developed those ranges as this is low and it's bad or this is high and it's bad. Lab ranges are simply the population that the lab serves and what they are seeing in that population.

Some nipple itch is totally normally and acceptable in TRT.

No HCG right now. T dose is 2.5ml. twice per week.
    2.5ml? 1/2 a bottle a week? Is this a typo? My T cyp bottle is 10ml.

You said "unless it is high ( probably above 50 pg/mL)."
    My estradiol was 49.3

I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    If you wanted to try an AI, I wouldn't recommend a higher dose of .125 twice a week. Looking at your labs personal I don't think you need it, I know everyone is different.

This study shows that 9 out of 21 men did not have estradiol increases after an injection of testosterone.

Message to all: starting anastrozole without first getting your estradiol measured by ultrasensitive analysis is not smart and may be providing treatment to men who do not need it! Estradiol is our friend, not enemy. There is no reason whatsoever for treating estradiol unless it is high ( probably above 50 pg/mL) and if you have gynecomastia (although some researchers argue that gynecomastia is a deficiency of testosterone to balance out estradiol).

Effect of a single injection of testosterone enanthate on 17β estradiol and bone turnover markers

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread...should-take-it

2.5 ml does not help us. Test comes in 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml. So you are NOT injecting 2.5ml of either or you're dose would be 500mg or 1000mg per week. So I'm guessing you are injecting 0.25ml but still don't know the concentration. Let's assume you are injecting 100mg per week. SubQ or IM? Any Hcg? If I'm correct, the first thing I would do is lower your T dose to 80mg/week. You will probably run into hematocrit issues if your T levels remain that high. Just reducing your T by 20% can reduce your E2 levels to 40. Still a tad high. Then you can retest in a few weeks and add adex. I feel awesome when my E2 is mid 20's.
    high

You said "unless it is high ( probably above 50 pg/mL)."
    My estradiol was 49.3

I don't understand.
    Some here think >60 is high and until you hit or pass 60 you don't need an AI

Yes...sorry.
    I meant that I'm taking .5 ml total per week. (about 100mg)
    That's 2.5 on a 1ml syringe, taken twice per week

Quote Originally Posted by FeelingLost View Post
    2.5ml? 1/2 a bottle a week? Is this a typo? My T cyp bottle is 10ml.

Okay so I would reduce your T to 80mg/week. If you want to lower your E2 further then you can add a very small amount of adex at the time of injections. Take 5 adex tabs and put them in a small resealable vial. Add 5ml of vodka and allow the pills to dissolve completely. Shake the vial and draw out whatever dose you desire using a 1cc syringe. Squirt the solution into a very small amount of water and drink. Start with a tiny dose and retest in several weeks. Maybe 0.125mg with each injection.

I guess I feel ok.
    Aren't there clinics that put a patient on Arimidex from the first dose?
    I don't want to play with this. What am I supposed to do? What is the best solution to where I'm at right now?
    I'm a little worried.
    You guess you feel ok? What low t symptoms were you experiencing pre-trt and have you noticed any improvements in libido/erections/energy/mood? What do you feel are the positives and negative effects of your current protocol and other than nipple sensitivity/soreness are you experiencing any symptoms you feel are related to high e2?

Yes there are clinics that put patients on an aromatase inhibitor right away without even knowing ones estradiol (sensitive) levels and automatically assume one is going to experience elevated e2 on their protocol when in fact the true reality is it is not needed by many and ends up causing the patient to have low e2 issues. Mind you many of the standard joe blow t-mills start patients on high doses 200mg/week instead of starting low and going slow.

When one first starts a trt protocol it will take 6 weeks for testosterone blood levels to stabilize and to truly understand how testosterone is going to effect ones estradiol an aromatase inhibitor should not be prescribed unless one were experiencing high e2 on lab work (pre-trt) along with symptoms.

Seems sensible that when one has a higher total t/free t that they can also have a slightly higher e2 and feel good as oppose to a lower total t/free t where elevated e2 would definitely cause issues. I personally would rather have a higher end total t/free t with slightly higher e2 on the lab range than the opposite. Also if one had a higher total t/free t with low e2 it can cause problems as estradiol needs to be in a healthy range not too low or high.

I don't think I would want to do that.
    I have one mg. tablets. I can break them up if I need a smaller dose.
    I was thinking of trying to lower my T dose Then, testing again.
    Thanks

Okay so I would reduce your T to 80mg/week. If you want to lower your E2 further then you can add a very small amount of adex at the time of injections. Take 5 adex tabs and put them in a small resealable vial. Add 5ml of vodka and allow the pills to dissolve completely. Shake the vial and draw out whatever dose you desire using a 1cc syringe. Squirt the solution into a very small amount of water and drink. Start with a tiny dose and retest in several weeks. Maybe 0.125mg with each injection.

It's hard to say. I've been treated for depression for years.
    I don't think the Testosterone ever helped with that.
    When I was first diagnosed with hypogonadism, my T was in the low 200's.
    That was about 7-8 years ago.
    My libido is ok for a 59 year old. I don't have erection issues most of the time.
    I'm in good physical shape. I maintain no more than 12% body fat year round...lower in the summer.
    I have some polycythemia, but can't give blood. That's one of the reasons I lowered it to 100mg. per week.
    Apparently, my T is still in the slightly High range, even at that dose.
    My concern was the Estradiol and managing it.

Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    You guess you feel ok? What low t symptoms were you experiencing pre-trt and have you noticed any improvements in libido/erections/energy/mood? What do you feel are the positives and negative effects of your current protocol and other than nipple sensitivity/soreness are you experiencing any symptoms you feel are related to high e2?

Yes there are clinics that put patients on an aromatase inhibitor right away without even knowing ones estradiol (sensitive) levels and automatically assume one is going to experience elevated e2 on their protocol when in fact the true reality is it is not needed by many and ends up causing the patient to have low e2 issues. Mind you many of the standard joe blow t-mills start patients on high doses 200mg/week instead of starting low and going slow.

When one first starts a trt protocol it will take 6 weeks for testosterone blood levels to stabilize and to truly understand how testosterone is going to effect ones estradiol an aromatase inhibitor should not be prescribed unless one were experiencing high e2 on lab work (pre-trt) along with symptoms.

Seems sensible that when one has a higher total t/free t that they can also have a slightly higher e2 and feel good as oppose to a lower total t/free t where elevated e2 would definitely cause issues. I personally would rather have a higher end total t/free t with slightly higher e2 on the lab range than the opposite. Also if one had a higher total t/free t with low e2 it can cause problems as estradiol needs to be in a healthy range not too low or high.

You can't accurately break those pills into anything smaller than 1/2. I take a total of 0.34mg per week. I couldn't dose that way unless I dissolved the pills. JMHO

Yes...100mg. pr week. Sorry, my mistake. 2.5 of a 1ml syringe. I do that twice per week.
    i'm using an insulin needle now, since I've seen Vergel's videos.
    I do it IM at 90 degrees, usually in the deltoid.
    I think that might be a good idea...to try lowering my T to 80mg.
    So, even at that low of a dose, you're saying I might want to ad adex?

Thanks.

2.5 ml does not help us. Test comes in 100mg/ml or 200mg/ml. So you are NOT injecting 2.5ml of either or you're dose would be 500mg or 1000mg per week. So I'm guessing you are injecting 0.25ml but still don't know the concentration. Let's assume you are injecting 100mg per week. SubQ or IM? Any Hcg? If I'm correct, the first thing I would do is lower your T dose to 80mg/week. You will probably run into hematocrit issues if your T levels remain that high. Just reducing your T by 20% can reduce your E2 levels to 40. Still a tad high. Then you can retest in a few weeks and add adex. I feel awesome when my E2 is mid 20's.
    high

Deciding on using adex doesn't depend on your dose. It depends on how much aromitization you do and how much E2 you produce. Also obviously how you feel enters the equation. I'm 56 and I feel like I'm 30 in every way IF I keep my E2 in the mid 20's. If I had your levels, all the benefits of TRT would be gone. My guess based on several years of experience tells me if you lower your T dose to 80 and don't change anything else, your new E2 levels will be somewhere between 38-41. Still way too high for me. Trust me when I tell you that making your own adex solution is the way to go.

Yes...100mg. pr week. Sorry, my mistake. 2.5 of a 1ml syringe. I do that twice per week.
    i'm using an insulin needle now, since I've seen Vergel's videos.
    I do it IM at 90 degrees, usually in the deltoid.
    I think that might be a good idea...to try lowering my T to 80mg.
    So, even at that low of a dose, you're saying I might want to ad adex?

Thanks.
    If you wish to try Arimidex, I wouldn't use more then .125 twice a week. Then do labs after a few weeks, remember testosterone can give you nipple sensitivity. Too many blame estradiol levels.
    I am not a medical practitioner. Any suggestions I provide are not medical recommendations and are just my opinions. Please consult with your physician on any matters concerning your health.

I have 1mg tablets.
    How do I get .125?
    What's that...and 8th of a tablet?

If you wish to try Arimidex, I wouldn't use more then .125 twice a week. Then do labs after a few weeks, remember testosterone can give you nipple sensitivity. Too many blame estradiol levels.

I have 1mg tablets.
    How do I get .125?
    Have your doctor write a prescription for the micro-dose and a good compounding pharmacy can prepare it for you. If you need the name of one we can offer you several.
    I am not a physician. Comments offered here are for discussion purposes only. Please consult your doctor before initiating, changing, or stopping any therapy.

I have 1mg tablets.
    How do I get .125?
    You can have him write a script and have a compounding pharmacy fill it. I don't know if big Pharma makes that small of dose. It would be nice if your doctor uses compounding pharmacy.

This is why I make my own. My solution is 1mg/ml. So I can dose any amount by drawing the solution into a 1cc syringe. This allows me to c.make small changes in the dose as my labs change. My solution is flexible and cheap.

My Dr. has prescribed Arimidex for me in the past. I stopped using it for a while. They pharmaceutical 1mg. tablets. I still have some left over.

He wrote a script for HCG to give to a compounding pharmacy, but I'm not using it now.

You can have him write a script and have a compounding pharmacy fill it. I don't know if big Pharma makes that small of dose. It would be nice if your doctor uses compounding pharmacy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information