"Is vegetarianism the natural option?"

Buy Lab Tests Online

Will Brink

The answer to that Q is no. However, I thought this author did a commendable job of discussing the debate between the two sides worth a read.

Cliffs:

Humans have been eating meat for millions of years, but that does not mean we need it per se to be healthy.
Humans are not vegetarian animals but true omnivores

"In the world of nutrition, there's no debate as fiery and fierce as the one between meat eaters and vegetarians. In this Spotlight feature, we ask whether or not humans were designed to be vegetarian.

Some people choose a plant-based diet for health reasons, while others do so with more ethical concerns in mind. On the other side of the dinner plate, some meat lovers put little thought into whether they should or shouldn't eat meat, while others will defend their right to chow down on animal muscles until the end of time.

Passions can run surprisingly high when it comes to dietary decisions. Food is a matter of survival, and deep down in our primate brain, we still feel that we need to defend our food sources."

Cont

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320047.php?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=gplus

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Jinzang

It is a contentious issue. Dr. Milton Mills argues that humans are herbivores based on anatomical differences in this article.

In conclusion, we see that human beings have the gastrointestinal tract structure of a “committed” herbivore.Humankind does not show the mixed structural features one expects and finds in anatomical omnivores such as bears and raccoons. Thus, from comparing the gastrointestinal tract of humans to that of carnivores, herbivores and omnivores we must conclude that humankind's GI tract is designed for a purely plant-food diet.

Will Brink

It is a contentious issue. Dr. Milton Mills argues that humans are herbivores based on anatomical differences in this article.

Not nearly as contentious as you may think...The topic is covered in the posted article, but specific to that topic, the most complete article I have seen on is by a vegan biologist below that puts that to rest. Anyone who thinks humans are naturally herbivores is using very selective info and ignoring what they don't like, and or simply not up to the task science/med speaking. That one is a non issue among all in the sci/med community who research the topic. See:

Humans are not herbivores

Will Brink

I thought this author did a commendable job of discussing the debate between the two sides worth a read.

Thanks, Will.

I have my - generally well backed - opinions on topics, but any time an article does a solid job of presenting the "sides" of the topic, I'm happy to share it. This author took an objective look and pretty much concluded what I put in the cliffs. Good science demands objectivity regardless of personal bias, that no one is immune to.

buggies100

I struggle a bit with the gastro comment. I see that we have canine teeth and eyes on the front of our face, like all predators. Prey has eyes on the side of face in order to see a wider field of view. SO by that we are designed to eat meat like predators. Then this comment stating our GI tract is more like a herbivore. Conflicting info to me.

Will Brink

I struggle a bit with the gastro comment. I see that we have canine teeth and eyes on the front of our face, like all predators. Prey has eyes on the side of face in order to see a wider field of view. SO by that we are designed to eat meat like predators. Then this comment stating our GI tract is more like a herbivore. Conflicting info to me.

As there were multiple articles posted, you'd have to be more specific as to which you're referring to. I will tell you among those who actually research this topic as their specialty, such paleontologist, evolutionary biologists, etc, there's no debate at all that humans are omnivores. Nadda.

buggies100

I agree with the omnivore statement. Below is the GI statement that I found questionable. Like everything else, all to often people make studies to be about the results they want.

In conclusion, we see that human beings have the gastrointestinal tract structure of a “committed” herbivore.Humankind does not show the mixed structural features one expects and finds in anatomical omnivores such as bears and raccoons. Thus, from comparing the gastrointestinal tract of humans to that of carnivores, herbivores and omnivores we must conclude that humankind’s GI tract is designed for a purely plant-food diet.

Blackhawk

The arguments can be hilarious on both sides. Pretty obviously humans are omnivores, not strictly solely herbivores or carnivores.

Re: the canine teeth argument... If you chase down and kill animals, and rip them to shreds and eat them raw including chewing up bones etc with your carnivorous canine teeth and powerful jaw, you definitely qualify as predator and carnivore. Eating grubs and bugs is more practically accessible to humans predatory and carnivorous potential. Beyond that, we fill a very odd niche having the more advanced skills from using our cognitive brains, tools, weapons etc.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me