26 year old male, help with test results and advice on treatment (197 ng/dl)

Buy Lab Tests Online

belami76

Recently ended a weight cutting phase where I dropped 27 pounds over the course of 8-9 months. Body weight went from 187 to 160 and body fat 20+% to roughly 10-12%. My calories were pretty low towards the last few months at around 1600-1700 calories with only 40g fat per day. Cardio every morning and weights at night.

The other thing that I was doing simultaneously was studying for my GMATs while working a full-time job. Looking back, I probably should have focused on one thing versus trying to take on all these things at once.

Towards the end of my cut I felt a lot of the symptoms of low T so decided to do an online test via letsgetchecked. Results came back showing extremely low T. Obviously I went to my GP and asked him to let me do a full panel test. The results of the at home test were 92 ng/dl and the results of my lab test, while trending up, are still very low at 197 ng/dl. I'm 26, current weight is back up around 175 and don't have any of the symptoms (I think). Any thoughts? Best case scenario hoping it was because of the stress caused by a 9 month diet but most of what I read says it shouldn't go that low from dieting alone.
I'm currently implementing all of the lifestyle changes that others on this site have suggested such as sleeping more, meditating, eating at maintenance, and eating the right micros/macros for optimal testosterone production.

GP has ordered a new round of tests to cover all the bases and I'm going to go in for an MRI, chem 8 test, prolactin test, semen analysis, and another total testosterone test.

Would appreciate any thoughts!

Test results below:

page 1.jpg
page 2.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You might not be getting enough fat and cholesterol. I'd look at trying to improve your diet and sleep first to see if this is something with a simpler solution. I'm just a couple years older than you and I ate as healthy as I could and got lots of sleep for a year. Then I went to Primebody to check Total Test, Free Test, Estradiol etc to see what was going on.

My free testosterone wouldn't improve and since it wasn't deemed a thyroid issue so I stuck with them. I hope you'll be able to fix this, some clinics won't treat you under 30 unless you're very low test.

I posted a thread in the Blood Test discussions a couple weeks ago, but yes it improved but it took a couple months, just because of the way Testosterone Cypionate works.

Free testosterone is now around ~2% of total test which is much better. Every other marker was healthy as it was originally but total test went up accordingly. Only problem was Estradiol went too low but my doctor and I have worked out a new protocol to address that. In a few more months I will see if hematocrit plateaus at a manageable level, I don't like donating blood.

madman

Super Moderator
Recently ended a weight cutting phase where I dropped 27 pounds over the course of 8-9 months. Body weight went from 187 to 160 and body fat 20+% to roughly 10-12%. My calories were pretty low towards the last few months at around 1600-1700 calories with only 40g fat per day. Cardio every morning and weights at night.

The other thing that I was doing simultaneously was studying for my GMATs while working a full-time job. Looking back, I probably should have focused on one thing versus trying to take on all these things at once.

Towards the end of my cut I felt a lot of the symptoms of low T so decided to do an online test via letsgetchecked. Results came back showing extremely low T. Obviously I went to my GP and asked him to let me do a full panel test. The results of the at home test were 92 ng/dl and the results of my lab test, while trending up, are still very low at 197 ng/dl. I'm 26, current weight is back up around 175 and don't have any of the symptoms (I think). Any thoughts? Best case scenario hoping it was because of the stress caused by a 9 month diet but most of what I read says it shouldn't go that low from dieting alone.
I'm currently implementing all of the lifestyle changes that others on this site have suggested such as sleeping more, meditating, eating at maintenance, and eating the right micros/macros for optimal testosterone production.

GP has ordered a new round of tests to cover all the bases and I'm going to go in for an MRI, chem 8 test, prolactin test, semen analysis, and another total testosterone test.

Would appreciate any thoughts!

Test results below:

View attachment 4159
View attachment 4160

I would say cutting your calories so low and especially low fat (cholesterol/higher fats diets are critical for t production) and combined with all the stress/overtraining I would give your body some time to recuperate and increase your calories/fats and make sure you are not over training than have your blood work done again and go from there so you have an accurate picture of where your levels stand. Low calorie/low fat diets are notorious for lowering a males testosterone let alone the excess cortisol produced from all the stress whether mental/physical.

belami76

Thanks for the feedback. My current macros are as follows:

Calories: 2605 (around maintenance for me)

Carbs: 320g (49%)
Protein: 140g (22%)
Fat: 85g (29%)

Going to eat like this for a few months and see if the test results come back better. Also started supplementing with Rhodiola, Ashwagandhandha, and ZMA.

Any other suggestions with regards to diet and lifestyle?

I think your Thyroid tests are incomplete, TSH is a really broad brush that doesn't show much and then there's only Free T 4. If you have the chance and can afford them:

TSH
T3
T4
Free T3
Reverse T3
Antibodies

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs