LabCorp Attitude

Buy Lab Tests Online

Pursuit_Sanus

Wanted to share an experience I had recently at a LabCorp facility for some routine bloodwork. The phlebotomist looks at the order and reads "Defy Medical" and make the comment, "Why don't they just call it "Get Cheap Steroids". There's apparently an increase in business they're seeing and not all of them have a positive view of the practice.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Wanted to share an experience I had recently at a LabCorp facility for some routine bloodwork. The phlebotomist looks at the order and reads "Defy Medical" and make the comment, "Why don't they just call it "Get Cheap Steroids". There's apparently an increase in business they're seeing and not all of them have a positive view of the practice.
I am not a Defy patient, but that sort of remark was utterly unprofessional. May I ask you where it took place, the city?

LabCorp isn't exactly known for their customer service. As long as they do their jobs, I guess it ultimately doesn't make much of a difference. Imagine if they could turn you down like some places do when you request a physical.

Hoosier52

Did you confront them about their attitude? They were suggesting that you are an illegal steroid user and Defy is the pusher. Ignorance can only be corrected when it is confronted. I wouldn't let them get by with it. I'd complain to their HDQTRS, too. They need to know what their employees are saying.

WhatSayYou89

Most lab corp that I have been to, the staff usually acts like you’re a bother to them.

I drive an extra 20 mins out of the city to go to one that has a decent staff.

Systemlord

The phlebotomist looks at the order and reads "Defy Medical" and make the comment, "Why don't they just call it "Get Cheap Steroids".
This just shows you the stigma of steroids in our society, this is what we men are up against when we go to our docs for help with hormonal problems. I've heard some pretty stupid comments like, "it's in your head, I'm not a steroid dealer or I could give you cocaine and you would feel better".

I would have file a complaint on the spot, I would have asked to speak to the manager immediately.

Last edited:

Vvs1

This just shows you the stigma of steroids in our society, this is what we men are up against when we go to our docs for help with hormonal problems. I've heard some pretty stupid comments like, "it's in your head, I'm not a steroid dealer or I could give you cocaine and you would feel better".

I would have file a complaint on the spot, I would have asked to speak to the manager immediately.

Most of the time they are operating by one employee. Asking for the manager would give them a laugh.

If you’re a guy, your frame and state of mind can determine how you’re treated. People, especially women, can sense any of these timidness/uncertainty/compassion.

It’s a skill that has taken me a few years to reach. But women gush over it, and some even get tongue tied.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The staff at the LabCorp location I use most often has been nothing but professional. I wouldn't say they're particularly warm or friendly, but that's secondary to having them do their jobs right.

Blackhawk

I agree about Defy medical's name, it is extremely unfortunate and does not lend credibility when dealing with other doctors and medical organizations. As much as we all would like to be accepted, there does exist strong prejudice against us taking T from the major medical community.

Re: labcorp, First consider what the phlebotomists are dealing with all day every day... mostly scared, grumpy patients. I've observed people in the waiting rooms and there is almost always someone close to tears for fear of being stuck, someone complaining to the staff about it being the staffer's fault that they didn't bring their lab order etc etc.

I've found that a few kind words with my phlebotomist with maybe a reference to how busy they all seem today or just asking how things are going today, while not getting spun up myself in any way to create more stress, seemingly allows them to let their guard down just a bit. Hello, how are you, please and thank you go a long way to easing their stress while I am in the hot seat.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Re: labcorp, First consider what the phlebotomists are dealing with all day every day... mostly scared, grumpy patients. I've observed people in the waiting rooms and there is almost always someone close to tears for fear of being stuck, someone complaining to the staff about it being the staffer's fault that they didn't bring their lab order etc etc.
This reminds me of one visit where I witnessed a man heap continuous abuse on the staff for over ten minutes because of an insurance problem that had nothing to do with LabCorp. In spite of this the staff remained calm and polite, which could not have been easy.

Vince

Super Moderator
Most of the LabCorp's by me, are located in clinics. They do the labs for the clinic and also for outside customers, like me. I try to be super nice to the staff and I've had awesome experiences. At least so far. I've always given reviews and up to this point, they all been 5 stars.

When I had my last blood draw on Saturday two weeks ago. The phlebotomist was having trouble unlocking the cabinet. She was ready to give up, thankfully I was able to help her and get the cabinet open for her. Made us both feel good.

SilverSurfer

Most of the LabCorp's by me, are located in clinics. They do the labs for the clinic and also for outside customers, like me. I try to be super nice to the staff and I've had awesome experiences. At least so far. I've always given reviews and up to this point, they all been 5 stars.

When I had my last blood draw on Saturday two weeks ago. The phlebotomist was having trouble unlocking the cabinet. She was ready to give up, thankfully I was able to help her and get the cabinet open for her. Made us both feel good.

Nice job! A little compassion and understanding goes a long way.

txmx

I have had mixed but mostly ok experiences with LabCorp blood draws. I find that being very pleasant helps. Even if the worker does not have the best attitude, you can sometimes change that with a kind or pleasant comment. The biggest issue I have seen is when they are gabbing with other workers about going to lunch or whatever while they are preparing for your blood draw in an unfocused manner. At these times I inject a question about my blood draw to redirect their attention. I also pleasantly require them to confirm every item on the blood draw as there can be a rare error. I also try to be quiet while they actually draw the blood and not gab about random stuff. You want a good stick. A pleasant attitude combined with knowing what you are there for and making sure you get it correctly makes for a good blood draw.

Vince

Super Moderator
I have had mixed but mostly ok experiences with LabCorp blood draws. I find that being very pleasant helps. Even if the worker does not have the best attitude, you can sometimes change that with a kind or pleasant comment. The biggest issue I have seen is when they are gabbing with other workers about going to lunch or whatever while they are preparing for your blood draw in an unfocused manner. At these times I inject a question about my blood draw to redirect their attention. I also pleasantly require them to confirm every item on the blood draw as there can be a rare error. I also try to be quiet while they actually draw the blood and not gab about random stuff. You want a good stick. A pleasant attitude combined with knowing what you are there for and making sure you get it correctly makes for a good blood draw.
I've never had that issue with LabCorp. When I'm having my blood draw, they completely concentrate on the task. Until they're finished, and they have me check each vial.

Blackhawk

I've never had that issue with LabCorp. When I'm having my blood draw, they completely concentrate on the task. Until they're finished, and they have me check each vial.

Sounds like you have particularly good Labcorps near you Vince!

I too have had to ask to confirm correct labs, never have been offered to do so up front beyond being asked name and birthdate, and have caught numerous mistakes since they transfer from printed orders I carry in with me which they input in their system.

When the actual Labcorp code number is specified on a lab order there tends to be less error, but My PCP writes many of the orders generically without this kind of coding, in fact the coding is specific to his hospital lab, not Labcorp. I keep all labs consistent for Defy by going to the same Labcorp, so carry in orders written by my PCP and billed to insurance, then I send results to Defy. The orders I carry in do not specify labcorp codes, and the labcorp techs have to look everything up every time. This requires a little coaching and confirmation on my part.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me