When to correctly test estradiol levels (the facts).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixHouse

Posted about this last week and "Vince" the forum police gave incorrect information and then locked the thread. Pretty irresponsible thing to do when people's health is at stake, but cognitive dissonance is a bitch huh?

Saw an endocrinologist to get the facts. Problem is, we're all used to testing testosterone and estrogen levels at the same time. It was explained very logically to me that what I already suspected was true: When you're treating a "low" condition, testosterone for example, you should test at the low point, which is what we all do. On the flip side, when you're treating a "high" condition, for example prescribing anastrozole to combat HIGH estradiol, then you must test at the high point. Makes perfect sense since your concern is monitoring the high point.

Sadly the only accurate way to do this is to test estradiol levels separate from testosterone. I had my last blood draw for testosterone on my normal low day, then had separate blood drawn for estradiol on a day when we reasoned e2 would be highest.

Yes we should continue to have estradiol tested at the same time we test testosterone levels. It's always good to have a general sense of e2 levels. But if you're super sensitive to e2 and anastrozole like I am, you really need to do it separately if you want to be accurate.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Yes we should continue to have estradiol tested at the same time we test testosterone levels. It's always good to have a general sense of e2 levels. But if you're super sensitive to e2 and anastrozole like I am, you really need to do it separately if you want to be accurate.

This makes no sense. Estradiol comes from testosterone. The lower the T, the lower the estradiol. But, heck, you can really do anything you want. No one is telling you otherwise.

Checking both T and E2 at peak and trough would be best instead of one at a time on separate occasions. The healthy ratio should be above 14 (ng/dl of T divided by m=pg/ml of E2) from two small studies on fertility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale