Wanted: the benefits of HCG, but without the anxiety it gives me. Titrate dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaytonaJonah

Been on basic T replacement now for 2 years and still haven't dialed in that "I feel great!" level of satisfaction. I read often that those who add HCG to their protocols improve their situations. I've tried it twice before, but anxiety is all I get for it. At the time of this writing, I can't remember the dosage but I do remember it was somewhere on the lower end of a weekly amount (taken every 3.5 days) for re-starting my own teste production.
Perhaps I am one that cannot tolerate HCG at all. Have others had a similar experience and then found a path of success? I'm thinking of titrating very small amounts to see if my system can slowly adjust to more and more amounts to where I can then inject a normal amount to then find the benefits of HCG added with my T dosage.

I should add that when I last attempted to add HCG to my protocol, my bodyfat was at 26%. I'm now at 15% thinking that may have had something to do with my issues.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Anonymon

Historically me and some friends of mine feel bad without HCG. With HCG, we feel alot better in a dose dependent manner. I also know some folks that feel like crap no matter the HCG dose as well.

You can try it again with the lower body fat, but the guys I know that hate it are already lean. It’s a very personal thing, and might not be for you if another attempt doesn’t help. I personally micro dose it daily at 100ius, but have gone higher before.

nippy

Been on basic T replacement now for 2 years and still haven't dialed in that "I feel great!" level of satisfaction. I read often that those who add HCG to their protocols improve their situations. I've tried it twice before, but anxiety is all I get for it. At the time of this writing, I can't remember the dosage but I do remember it was somewhere on the lower end of a weekly amount (taken every 3.5 days) for re-starting my own teste production.
Perhaps I am one that cannot tolerate HCG at all. Have others had a similar experience and then found a path of success? I'm thinking of titrating very small amounts to see if my system can slowly adjust to more and more amounts to where I can then inject a normal amount to then find the benefits of HCG added with my T dosage.

I should add that when I last attempted to add HCG to my protocol, my bodyfat was at 26%. I'm now at 15% thinking that may have had something to do with my issues.
I'm exactly the same. Fee days after taking HCG I feel moody with anxiety. I get s feeling over me that's makes me feel uneasy. Not s nice feeling

DS3

There is research suggesting an increase in cortisol while using exogenous HCG. This could be the cause of your anxiety. Have you tested cortisol levels with and without HCG?

captain

Elevated DHT is a cause of anxiety. When you start HCG typically you need to lower your T dose.

The info about cortisol is talking about females not males.

DS3

Elevated DHT is a cause of anxiety. When you start HCG typically you need to lower your T dose.

The info about cortisol is talking about females not males.
Granted the study was conducted in menopausal females. However, there is no evidence to suggest that adrenal steroid responses to exogenous HCG in males would be any different than females.

As far as DHT is concerned, there is evidence to suggest that DHT has anti-anxiety effects via its effects on the dorsal hippocampus. I have yet to see any scientific evidence to suggest that DHT in fact increases anxiety. I would be interested to see you findings, though.

DaytonaJonah

There is research suggesting an increase in cortisol while using exogenous HCG. This could be the cause of your anxiety. Have you tested cortisol levels with and without HCG?

I haven't been tested in either state. Perhaps I should do so.
What is the best way to test one's cortisol levels? Simple blood test from a local lab? Or, something else?

DS3

I haven't been tested in either state. Perhaps I should do so.
What is the best way to test one's cortisol levels? Simple blood test from a local lab? Or, something else?
From what I have read, it appears that urine cortisol tests are more comprehensive as it is done over a 24-hour period of time. Blood and saliva cortisol tests just measure cortisol at a particular point during the day.

For convenience sake, you could simply measure cortisol via blood test in the morning while on HCG and while off HCG. Given that cortisol levels spike during this time, it should give you a reliable change in serum cortisol levels.

DaytonaJonah

From what I have read, it appears that urine cortisol tests are more comprehensive as it is done over a 24-hour period of time. Blood and saliva cortisol tests just measure cortisol at a particular point during the day.

For convenience sake, you could simply measure cortisol via blood test in the morning while on HCG and while off HCG. Given that cortisol levels spike during this time, it should give you a reliable change in serum cortisol levels.
The "convenience" route seems easy enough, and would likely give me the information needed to understand any cortisol changes via hcg or without. Thanks.

Smokin Joe

Daytona
I have tried multiple times with high.
Tried down to 5 i.u.s and still severe anxiety.
Would love to add it as my nuts take a beating in T.
That's why I restart at least twice a year to let my nuts fall and my lh kick in.
Just tbe way it works for me.
Joe

DaytonaJonah

Daytona
I have tried multiple times with high.
Tried down to 5 i.u.s and still severe anxiety.
Would love to add it as my nuts take a beating in T.
That's why I restart at least twice a year to let my nuts fall and my lh kick in.
Just tbe way it works for me.
Joe
Thanks SJ, for the comments and the confirmation that there are just some people to whom hCG is not an option. I will try what you described too and see if possibly I can fit through the crack hopefully, we'll see. If not, I will try maybe to go off T and then restart again as you've done. Was the stop/start a rollercoaster ride, or not too bad?

Smokin Joe

I've used enclophmine to restart but lately the herb Cistanche has been a good help.
I tried Macuna but it madame irritable.
Both herbs have good data around them for affecting LH which is a good thing.

ryan98366

HCG gives me anxiety and also paranoia. I absolutely hate it! I can't tolerate HCG at all.

I always suggest: Dump HCG for 2 weeks see how you feel. If you feel better don't take it. Want to increase sex drive, try 15 mg DHEA every morning or every other morning. That works for me.

DS3

The "convenience" route seems easy enough, and would likely give me the information needed to understand any cortisol changes via hcg or without. Thanks.
I should also say that cortisol, if that is indeed your issue on HCG, can effectively be reduced through phosphatidylserine supplementation.

captain

Granted the study was conducted in menopausal females. However, there is no evidence to suggest that adrenal steroid responses to exogenous HCG in males would be any different than females.

As far as DHT is concerned, there is evidence to suggest that DHT has anti-anxiety effects via its effects on the dorsal hippocampus. I have yet to see any scientific evidence to suggest that DHT in fact increases anxiety. I would be interested to see you findings, though.

Dr. Crisler had said that elevated DHT may cause anxiety and he would recommend progesterone for it. That was his only recommended use for progesterone in a male.

DixieWrecked

DHEA is another that I cannot tolerate for some reason.
Mine is always low on or off T.
I'm trying Pregnenolone 5mg at nite.
Well see how it goes.
Sorry for some miss spelled words-had 4th eye surgery so operating on one for now.
S.J.
I can echo this post. I can't do DHEA. It darkens my mood considerably. But low dose pregnenolone hits the spot for me. I take it in the am though.

DixieWrecked

I've tried between 10-60mg. 60 is waaaay too much. 10 -20 is just right. Keeps my memory sharp and energy high. Verbal fluency and quick thinking is improved. The sixty makes me too intense and kinda like I am on speed. Hurts libido too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me