Therapeutic phlebotomy due to TRT may be covered at a blood bank now

Buy Lab Tests Online

OMI100

Going through some papers that I set aside to look at later and low and behold I found a letter from my local blood bank that was sent to me after I did a therapeutic phlebotomy (had to pay a small fee). Looks like the FDA has eased up on the use of blood donations that are needed due to TRT. Attached is the letter that I received. Information may be of value to folks that can not get their blood donation centers to do a therapeutic phlebotomy....

Attachments

• trt phlebotomy.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 324
Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Excellent! Thanks. Here is the content of that letter for mobile users who cannot open the attachment (yes, that is a problem we have with the mobile version of the site).

Our records show that you are enrolled as a therapeutic-phlebotomy patient with a diagnosis of either Secondary Polycythemia or Secondary Erythrocytosis. This letter concerns a recent policy change for patients diagnosed with either of these conditions due to Testosterone Replacement Therapy. LifeSouth has obtained FDA approval and made changes to our computer system that allow us to evaluate these patients as volunteer blood donors.

If you have Secondary Polycythemia or Secondary Erythrocytosis as a result of Testosterone Replacement Therapy, note these points:

• We can evaluate you as a volunteer blood donor. If you qualify, your blood can be used to save a patient.
• We will not charge you a fee for blood collection , even if we determine you do not qualify as a volunteer blood donor.

If your condition is not a result of Testosterone Replacement Therapy, no further action is required. Due to patient-safety concerns, your blood cannot be used for patient use. We will continue to draw and discard your blood under your current order, and we will continue to charge you for the phlebotomy.

If your condition is due to Testosterone Replacement Therapy, please take these steps.

Note: Until you take these steps, we will continue to draw your blood under your current order.

I) Refer to the Therapeutic Phlebotomy Order and the Patient Acknowledgment included with this letter.

2) Visit your doctor, who will need to confirm your diagnosis i s due to Testosterone Replacement Therapy.

3) if your doctor confirms the diagnosis, please have your doctor complete the Therapeutic Phlebotomy Order form. Please also read and sign the Patient Acknowledgment .

4) Ask your doctor to fax both the order form and the acknowledgment form to the LifeSouth Community Blood Center Quality Assurance Office at 1-888-286-0179.

If you have any questions, please contact me at the toll-free number 1-888-795-2707 , Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (ET) to discuss this further. Please be assured that every donor's personal information is kept strictly confidential at LifeSouth and is not available to unauthorized personnel. Thank you for choosing LifeSouth as your blood center and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me