THC - indica for sleep?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
I know a lot of members have sleep issues. I was wondering, does anyone use THC (indica) for sleep?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Misery

I do, helps quite a bit.

Dont think it matters between Indica or Sativa, its CBD and CBN that give calming/narcotic effects. I've found that THC combined with CBN and or CBD is what works best for sleep, CBD/CBN alone doesn't work for me.

JA Battle

I know a lot of members have sleep issues. I was wondering, does anyone use THC (indica) for sleep?

I’ve used cannabis off and on for years for fun, sleep and enhanced sexual pleasure. I’ve also cultivated it on a large scale for the medical cannabis industry where I live.

The two things I can say about cannabis is that indica dominant strains are better for sleep likely due to increased parasympathetic nervous system activation. This parasympathetic activation is also likely what improves the sexual experience.

sativa does a similar thing but to a lesser extent, however it does not render you a useless to complete tasks as it is more stimulating. I find this “useless” state diminishes some if you push through and build up a tolerance. However, the issue still persists for me and most people I know. You get less done if you are stoned during the day. For some this fits but for me I have to be firing on all 8 cylinders with the amount of responsibility I have.

Also, the maturity of the cannabis at the time of harvest plays a huge roll in the effects derived from the therapy. The longer the cannabis can ripen on the stem the more sedating and narcotic it is. Immature buds create more of a “racy” feeling from the high regardless of the phenotype or be it an indica or sativa strain or a hybrid of the two. Using a scope, examine the trichomes. They should be amber colored. White is fine. Clear is no good.

night time use only is sustainable and does not interfere. In fact, for some it might fit in perfectly to a retirement lifestyle.

if you do not need cannabis to help combat serious depression or other medical issues I’d say nighttime use only is the way to go and in that window of the day indica is preferable anyways as enhanced sex and sleep happen at night time for most people anyways.

I recommend looking up vape critic on google and buying a nice vaporizer. It saves cannabis and is free of combustion byproducts you get by smoking. However I do still smoke it most nights of the week as I have not replaced my last vaporizer I dropped in the lake. Start slow. Getting too high sucks when you don’t have a tolerance.

this may be a good experiment for you Vince due to the increased melatonin secretion that cannabis facilitates as I know you are experimenting with melatonin. If you are ever in Maine, I will happily assist you with experimenting.

JA Battle

Also, artificial light prevents melatonin secretion. Red is the slowest wave length of visible light and is much less of an input to our nervous system during this wind down faze in our day. I have used red lights in my house and porch for years. It really helps set the mood for sleep and relaxation. Possibly our pineal gland can secrete melatonin while still be able to see due to the red lights. Kind of like a campfire minus the infrared light waves. Fuller spectrum artificial light certainly stimulates cortisol secretion and inhibits melatonin secretion.

Vince

Super Moderator
I’ve used cannabis off and on for years for fun, sleep and enhanced sexual pleasure. I’ve also cultivated it on a large scale for the medical cannabis industry where I live.

The two things I can say about cannabis is that indica dominant strains are better for sleep likely due to increased parasympathetic nervous system activation. This parasympathetic activation is also likely what improves the sexual experience.

sativa does a similar thing but to a lesser extent, however it does not render you a useless to complete tasks as it is more stimulating. I find this “useless” state diminishes some if you push through and build up a tolerance. However, the issue still persists for me and most people I know. You get less done if you are stoned during the day. For some this fits but for me I have to be firing on all 8 cylinders with the amount of responsibility I have.

Also, the maturity of the cannabis at the time of harvest plays a huge roll in the effects derived from the therapy. The longer the cannabis can ripen on the stem the more sedating and narcotic it is. Immature buds create more of a “racy” feeling from the high regardless of the phenotype or be it an indica or sativa strain or a hybrid of the two. Using a scope, examine the trichomes. They should be amber colored. White is fine. Clear is no good.

night time use only is sustainable and does not interfere. In fact, for some it might fit in perfectly to a retirement lifestyle.

if you do not need cannabis to help combat serious depression or other medical issues I’d say nighttime use only is the way to go and in that window of the day indica is preferable anyways as enhanced sex and sleep happen at night time for most people anyways.

I recommend looking up vape critic on google and buying a nice vaporizer. It saves cannabis and is free of combustion byproducts you get by smoking. However I do still smoke it most nights of the week as I have not replaced my last vaporizer I dropped in the lake. Start slow. Getting too high sucks when you don’t have a tolerance.

this may be a good experiment for you Vince due to the increased melatonin secretion that cannabis facilitates as I know you are experimenting with melatonin. If you are ever in Maine, I will happily assist you with experimenting.
I wonder, with indica. Do you still get the full amount of REM sleep?

JA Battle

I’m not sure about the various parts of the sleep cycle and how they are influenced. I can anecdotally state with confidence you will sleep like you have never before. Even if you consider yourself to be a “good” sleeper.

Fernando Almaguer

No here is the problem with THC of either indica or sative strains. Or both.
it reduces the amount of healthy rem sleeep. the sleep latency period is lowered (time it takes you to fall asleep) but the the deep sleep is also lower.

This is why marijuna is not good for sleep. You are better using a method of relaxation, sleep concoction from the internet with gaba, theonine, ect. or Non sleep deep rest audios.

PLEASE READ

Fernando Almaguer

I’m not sure about the various parts of the sleep cycle and how they are influenced. I can anecdotally state with confidence you will sleep like you have never before. Even if you consider yourself to be a “good” sleeper.
That is the problem with anectdotal evidence. It needs to be proven before people just go off an take it as the truth.

THC in fact, reduces the amount of healthy sleep one gets. Look it up.

Vince

Super Moderator
Because of this diminished time in REM, THC reduces dreaming. That can be helpful to people who have conditions such as PTSD that involve frequent, disturbing dreams and nightmares. People may experience fewer dreams when using cannabis regularly. After stopping, its common to experience a burst of dreaming. That’s part of what’s known as REM rebound—an increase in REM that happens after REM has been suppressed.

Changes to sleep cycles are one factor to consider when evaluating whether, and how long, to use cannabis. All sleep cycles are important for healthy rest and functioning. Alterations to our nightly sleep architecture, especially over the long-term, can deprive us of the full restorative effects a night of sleep is biologically designed to provide.

CanadaJim

Yes, half of an indica gummy (5mg) does the job. I agree with the above statement that I don't think it really matters between Sativa or Indica...both will put you in a relaxed state...the Sativa may prompt some bedroom "activity" prior to shut eye...bonus :)

Fernando Almaguer

Because of this diminished time in REM, THC reduces dreaming. That can be helpful to people who have conditions such as PTSD that involve frequent, disturbing dreams and nightmares. People may experience fewer dreams when using cannabis regularly. After stopping, its common to experience a burst of dreaming. That’s part of what’s known as REM rebound—an increase in REM that happens after REM has been suppressed.

Changes to sleep cycles are one factor to consider when evaluating whether, and how long, to use cannabis. All sleep cycles are important for healthy rest and functioning. Alterations to our nightly sleep architecture, especially over the long-term, can deprive us of the full restorative effects a night of sleep is biologically designed to provide.

Well said, Vince.

Vince

Super Moderator
I watched this Netflix documentary over the weekend. Weed the people. Thought it was good.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

cheap enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me