Testosterone and weightlifting.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rydrax

Two huge variables not mentioned here are whether "weightlifting" includes going to failure or not, and what your state of underlying aerobic work capacity is. IME many people would be better off lifting in a way that avoids reps to failure and also incorporates long-duration low intensity activity like walking with a weighted backpack. Many of the healthiest societies do not do anything we would recognize as "weightlifting" but rather do consistent activity along the lines of construction or farm work (at least before farming became overly mechanized.)

yeah i get you. i usually feel drained mentally when not leaving any reps in the tank. thanks for replying!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Rydrax

I've found this to be true both with experience and also many people smarter than I that I follow. I do much more volume (number of sets) now, but with less intensity of effort. I almost always stop one rep short of failure, sometimes as much as three. I could go on, but that's the short version, especially for people like me who deal with fatigue brought on by depression, and very prone to anxiety, which going to failure on compound movements exasperates.

i do experience this also. when going heavy and almost to failure i feel lightheaded after. thanks a lot for replying!

I´m 58 years old and when I started lifting a year ago I felt very often tired after my workouts but not always. Then I read a tread of Nelson which helped me a lot and its deadly simple. More or less - If you feel tired after your workout instead of energized than you have overtrained. Simple way to go. Of coarse there might be other underlying healt issues but for a +/- healty man its that simple. I also do cardio and I noticed that I feel much better in mood and energy than after lifting. I do liked get pumped up at the gym but some hours afterwards it goes away back to square 1 (lol)

Rydrax

I´m 58 years old and when I started lifting a year ago I felt very often tired after my workouts but not always. Then I read a tread of Nelson which helped me a lot and its deadly simple. More or less - If you feel tired after your workout instead of energized than you have overtrained. Simple way to go. Of coarse there might be other underlying healt issues but for a +/- healty man its that simple. I also do cardio and I noticed that I feel much better in mood and energy than after lifting. I do liked get pumped up at the gym but some hours afterwards it goes away back to square 1 (lol)

this happens to me and especially the days after lifting. well yesterday for me was leg day. after that i felt great, but today i woke up feeling horrible :/ i did took a break from lifting tho and came back feeling the same

Rydrax

Under recovery?

under recovery from what i read is under eating and sleeping. making you not recover very well

Rabbit91476

under recovery from what i read is under eating and sleeping. making you not recover very well
Ok. Well last year when I dropped weight last year I was under eating. Poor sleep. Improved when I dropped evening cardio. But when I increased calories. My Total T. Was only slightly above 300. Felt better but not great. Rather than stop exercising and see if it would increase a little more. I felt it would be better in the long run to start treatment and get back to exercising and healthy living

I am a huge proponent of training with bands primarily, and at home. I am 65. I do 30 minutes every other day on an old Schwinn Airdyne for cardio followed by 3 sets of dumbells Romanian deadlifts for the legs. We have a small farm and cutting wood cleaning the barn and general farm work are all the old knees can take or need. Upper body work is bands training every other day, with occasional dumbells work thrown in, for 45 minutes or so. Bands do not deplete the central nervous system like lifting does. I notice that I recover from band work much more quickly than with weights. I also think that going to the gym is over rated, for me anyway. I train solo and at home and have for 40 years, first thing in the morning. No drive, shower, wait for equipment, or guys curling in the squat, or any of that BS. I know not everyone is wired like me, but I think the hassle of driving to a gym and all the associated distractions are a energy sucker. I had a full basement gym in Massachusetts with power rack Olympic sets, and complete dumbells rack up to 130# before moving to a rural NH town.

Of course sleep, diet, and stress management are important, but consider bands. Work the muscles, not the joints, and you will recover much faster and your energy will improve.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me