Supplement with DHEA and Pregnenolone during HPTA restart

Buy Lab Tests Online

cigpk

I am attempting a restart after a long and thoughtful discussion with my doc. I was advised to take pregnenolone and DHEA during the restart but I was under the impression that this would be suppressive to my HPTA?

I always assumed supplementing those two were fine if on TRT, but suppressive if not on TRT? I figure I would avoid supplementing anything suppressive during this time, and especially following my hcg/nolvadex protocol.

I discontinued test cyp and hcg for two week washout. Then I run hcg daily for 2 weeks and discontinue. Then I begin 10 mg nolva for 4 weeks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Restart is a bogus term for merely trying to soften your return to baseline/pre-TRT levels. You can quit cold turkey and in all likelihood be perfectly fine.

cigpk

Restart is a bogus term for merely trying to soften your return to baseline/pre-TRT levels. You can quit cold turkey and in all likelihood be perfectly fine.
Thanks for the response. I’m aware of this but want to just follow Dr Saya’s instructions as he’s the doctor and I’m not.

I’m 28 currently. I wanna give it my best shot to come off T right now as if this doesn’t go well, I’ll commit to going back on TRT indefinitely. If doing a “restart” could possibly, in any way, assist with this process, I’m in. I’m fully aware that this may not go well and I may return to very low levels.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Several studies on DHEA show that it is not suppressive of normal HPTAs, even at doses up to 400 mg per day. Because DHEA is downstream from pregnenolone I would not expect pregnenolone to be suppressive either. Excess DHEA does seem to flow to estrone, however.
What Hormones Does DHEA Change?

And you’re here not in any way addressing the question I had. Just making indirectly condescending comments. Which seems to be you’re primary method of communicating on this forum from what I’ve seen.
Questioning your Dr and then expressly saying you just want to follow makes no sense at all.

cigpk

Why would you discontinue hcg for 2 weeks then start it back up for 2 weeks then discontinue again?
I guess the Defy protocol uses a “washout” period. I asked the same thing and I was told it was just a way to clean out the system of all androgens. That confused me as well

fifty

I’m good. A little bit tired sometimes but that’s a relief from the constant anxiousness and trouble sleeping I experienced on trt. Sex drive is good too.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me