sulphorophane for cancer and longer healthspan

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fernando Almaguer

Hi fellas,

Wev'e started to grow broccoli sprouts at home and harvest them in 3-5 days. They grow without soil in mason jars with little effort. There are studies to see why folks who eat more vegetables live longer and stay healthy longer. One of the phytochemicals showing a lot of beneftis is sulphoraphane.

Sprouts have much more of the precursors to this compound than raw or cooked cruciferous veggies. Also if you do not want to active our antioxidant enzymes and heat shock protiens by consuming the sprouts there is a supplemtent called Avmacol.

Anyone else privy to this info?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Ozzieville

Fernando - I'm a big fan of sulphoraphane. Google Rhonda Patrick and her interviews with Dr. Jed Fahey, who's the leading expert.

As you note, as good as eating broccoli is, eating the sprouts is even more healthful. And they're kinda fun to sprout.

Fernando Almaguer

Fernando - I'm a big fan of sulphoraphane. Google Rhonda Patrick and her interviews with Dr. Jed Fahey, who's the leading expert.

As you note, as good as eating broccoli is, eating the sprouts is even more healthful. And they're kinda fun to sprout.
They are fun to sprout. Watch em grow- eat em. I have watched the interviews and they are fascinating. More folks would benefit from this type of education.

Vince

Super Moderator
Researchers from the University of Western Australia in a study of women with a mean age of 74.9 years have discovered that those with higher intakes of cruciferous vegetables (>44·6 g/d) were associated with a 46 % lower odds of having extensive calcium buildup in their abdominal aorta in comparison with those with lower intakes (<15·0 g/d) after adjustment for lifestyle, dietary and CVD risk factors.
Those who ate the most of these vegetables-equivalent to at least a quarter of a cup of steamed broccoli or half a cup of raw cabbage every day had the lowest risk. The research followed 684 women over 20 years.
Cruciferous vegetables included cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli.
The researchers had previously shown that a higher intake of cruciferous vegetables is associated with lower carotid artery intima-media thickness.

Cruciferous vegetable intake is inversely associated with extensive abdominal aortic calcification in elderly women: a cross-sectional study | British Journal of Nutrition | Cambridge Core

Vince

Super Moderator
Open-access full-text is available for these papers:

PB: Protective role of sulphoraphane against vascular complications in diabetes

JCCS: The role of Sulforaphane in cancer chemoprevention and health benefits: a mini-review

The PB paper is a meta:
"In this review, literature searches were undertaken in Medline and in CrossRef. Non-English language articles were excluded. Keywords [sulphoraphane and (diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic neuropathy, diabetic complications, vascular, cardiomyocytes, heart or glycation)] have been used to select the articles."
So in addition to the limitations of being a meta, and the narrow search, these aren’t just populations on standard diets — they already have diabetes. That leaves me puzzling about incremental benefit for healthy people on enlightened ancestral diets.

The JCCS paper is just a mini-review. My main concern with it is what base of cancer etiology it’s attempting to build on. It leads right off by genuflecting to somatic dogma:
"The development and progression of cancer from a premalignant lesion towards a metastatic tumor requires accumulation of mutations in many regulatory genes of the cell."
If cancer is a metabolic mitochondrial disease, insight here might be limited. The biochemistry is presumably based on people on standard diets. There’s no mention of Warburg or Seyfried in the paper.

Fernando Almaguer

Open-access full-text is available for these papers:

PB: Protective role of sulphoraphane against vascular complications in diabetes

JCCS: The role of Sulforaphane in cancer chemoprevention and health benefits: a mini-review

The PB paper is a meta:
"In this review, literature searches were undertaken in Medline and in CrossRef. Non-English language articles were excluded. Keywords [sulphoraphane and (diabetes, diabetic nephropathy, diabetic retinopathy, diabetic neuropathy, diabetic complications, vascular, cardiomyocytes, heart or glycation)] have been used to select the articles."
So in addition to the limitations of being a meta, and the narrow search, these aren’t just populations on standard diets — they already have diabetes. That leaves me puzzling about incremental benefit for healthy people on enlightened ancestral diets.

The JCCS paper is just a mini-review. My main concern with it is what base of cancer etiology it’s attempting to build on. It leads right off by genuflecting to somatic dogma:
"The development and progression of cancer from a premalignant lesion towards a metastatic tumor requires accumulation of mutations in many regulatory genes of the cell."
If cancer is a metabolic mitochondrial disease, insight here might be limited. The biochemistry is presumably based on people on standard diets. There’s no mention of Warburg or Seyfried in the paper.
Great Information Vince. I hope that your wife is doing better also.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me