Suggestions for facilities that offer affordable therapeutic phlebotomies?

Buy Lab Tests Online

iceman1212

I have a hematocrit of ~54.5 and I found out that I'm ineligible to donate blood because I (i) lived in the UK for a few years between 1980 and 1996 and (ii) had malaria at one point in my life. ]:

My Low T Center charges $50 per phlebotomy and I'm wondering if there were facilities that were cheaper.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

I have a hematocrit of ~54.5 and I found out that I'm ineligible to donate blood because I (i) lived in the UK for a few years between 1980 and 1996 and (ii) had malaria at one point in my life. ]:

My Low T Center charges $50 per phlebotomy and I'm wondering if there were facilities that were cheaper.

We inject ourselves, it is that hard to perform a self phlebotomy? Though I would worry a little about passing out and bleeding too much.

Honestly, at one time 30 years ago I was looking at buying medicinal leeches, but it was for removing hickeys. (I was younger and had more than 1 GF.) Each leech will suck 15 ml of blood. Then there is leech therapy, also called hirudotherapy. At the time, I found a pharmacy that sold leeches, but the creep factor got to me. I have also read sometimes you keep bleeding for up to 10 hours after removing the leech. AND don't put the leech directly over a vein, that can be dangerous.

I assume they throw away the blood when they do a therapeutic phlebotomy, if so I think it will difficult to find a really cheap alternative.

VacationMan

Sorry about your inability to donate blood. I'm able to do that, and often give double red cells at a local blood bank to keep hematocrit in check. It costs me nothing more than my time, and I'm very thankful for that.

If (and hopefully when) you do start giving blood, be sure to keep an eye on your iron and ferritin levels. Donating blood can and often will sap you of the iron your body needs.

captain

I am in Ohio and the local health department had therapeutic phlebotomies listed as a service. If you have lab orders you can get them done as well. You should check and see if this is available where you live.

madman

Super Moderator
Sorry about your inability to donate blood. I'm able to do that, and often give double red cells at a local blood bank to keep hematocrit in check. It costs me nothing more than my time, and I'm very thankful for that.

If (and hopefully when) you do start giving blood, be sure to keep an eye on your iron and ferritin levels. Donating blood can and often will sap you of the iron your body needs.

This is a surefire way to crash ones ferritin!

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me