Starting TRT Again.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Rock Crusher

Is it ok to start TRT again after bein off for 6 months? Is there anything I should be doing besides blood work before getting started and is it safe?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Rock Crusher

Can you guys tell me about my labs? Thanks

Attachments

• 20210917_160155.jpg
    20210917_160155.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 56

Cataceous

Super Moderator
How do you feel at this level?

It's a little hard to tell what's going on without an accurate free testosterone measurement. That LabCorp direct test is useless. Do you have any idea what your SHBG is? If you had normal SHBG, around 30 nMol/L, then your total testosterone would be adequate. But higher SHBG would imply low free testosterone.

The elevated LH and FSH hint at the possibility of testicular insufficiency, aka primary hypogonadism; your brain wants more testosterone but the testicles just can't do it. This could be confirmed with an hCG stimulation test.

Aside from SHBG, it would be useful to know levels of estradiol, prolactin, vitamin D, thyroid hormones, etc.

Systemlord

No need to stop trt because of hernia surgery?
This has more to do with risk, with all the conflicting studies on TRT showing risk even after decades of solid consistent data showing TRT is safe, nervous doctors will have patients stop TRT before surgery even though it's unnecessary.

There is data showing people with higher testosterone being discharged from hospital sooner and recover more quickly than those with lower levels.

Your doctor has done you a disservice by having you stop TRT for surgery. The last time I checked, doctors don't give people with naturally high testosterone pills to crash their testosterone before surgery.

Rock Crusher

How do you feel at this level?

It's a little hard to tell what's going on without an accurate free testosterone measurement. That LabCorp direct test is useless. Do you have any idea what your SHBG is? If you had normal SHBG, around 30 nMol/L, then your total testosterone would be adequate. But higher SHBG would imply low free testosterone.

The elevated LH and FSH hint at the possibility of testicular insufficiency, aka primary hypogonadism; your brain wants more testosterone but the testicles just can't do it. This could be confirmed with an hCG stimulation test.

Aside from SHBG, it would be useful to know levels of estradiol, prolactin, vitamin D, thyroid hormones, etc.
Thanks. i get depress alot and lost some muscle other I feel good. My TRT doctor put me back on trt 80mg a week. I haven't taken it yet. I want to make sure it will be safe to take it. This must have happen because of no pct when I got off. Where do i get a hcg test? Can this issue be fix?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Thanks. i get depress alot and lost some muscle other I feel good. My TRT doctor put me back on trt 80mg a week. I haven't taken it yet. I want to make sure it will be safe to take it. This must have happen because of no pct when I got off. Where do i get a hcg test? Can this issue be fix?
If you are going back on TRT then it's less important to know the nature of your hypogonadism. But if you really want to know then your doctor could prescribe some hCG and an appropriate protocol for the stimulation test. Basically you see if taking hCG significantly increases your testosterone production. If not then you have primary hypogonadism. Generally hypogonadism isn't fixable, and we just work around it by raising testosterone with medications.

If I were you, before resuming TRT I would retest testosterone and LH, and also test SHBG and free testosterone, the latter by equilibrium dialysis.

Rock Crusher

If you are going back on TRT then it's less important to know the nature of your hypogonadism. But if you really want to know then your doctor could prescribe some hCG and an appropriate protocol for the stimulation test. Basically you see if taking hCG significantly increases your testosterone production. If not then you have primary hypogonadism. Generally hypogonadism isn't fixable, and we just work around it by raising testosterone with medications.

If I were you, before resuming TRT I would retest testosterone and LH, and also test SHBG and free testosterone, the latter by equilibrium dialysis.
I will be speaking with TrT doc this week. Thanks

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching