Short term switch from Cypionate to Propionate

Buy Lab Tests Online
Greetings all,

I’m prescribed 150mg per week Testosterone Cypionate, taken with 50mg injections MWF, and my work sent me on short notice travel right at the time of doing my refill and of course the express refill didn’t arrive in time before my departure date. Anyway the place I’m at surprisingly had testosterone propionate available without a prescription so I bought a couple 1mL 200mg bottles, and here’s my questions:

Should I take the same dose of the Propionate version as I do at home with my Cypionate? Or should the dose be adjusted for the different half life? Finally, if I take the Propionate version for a couple weeks until I get home, could it throw me out of whack?

Everything has been going great with my prescribed protocol and the Dr. has me dialed in perfectly and now I’m worried that having to take a different version will throw everything off.

I’ll of course try calling the Dr., if I can get through from here, so that’s why I thought I’d post here and see if any know or are experienced with this because my scheduled next dose is tomorrow and I’m stressing a little bit.

Thanks for reading.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I would stay on the same 50mg M/W/F sched, the prop is of course different half-life but in the end from the Cyp and routine you're using now I don't think that you'd experience any huge difference.

madman

Super Moderator
Well, Proportionate is a different suspension and has a much shorter half life so you will need to dose more frequently. Every 3 days would be okay. Personally I would take 100mg every 2 days if I were you.

As VC stated.....piss poor advice!

What is it you are not understanding here?

The OP stated..... "I’m prescribed 150mg per week Testosterone Cypionate, taken with 50mg injections MWF"

You state....."Personally I would take 100mg every 2 days if I were you"

Are you serious.....telling the OP to take 300+mg/week?

We are on trt here not a low dose T-cycle!

Cataceous

Super Moderator
T cypionate is about 70% testosterone. T propionate is more like 84%. So about 42 mg of propionate gives the same total testosterone as 50 mg of cypionate. You may get a little more PIP with propionate. If you want to minimize hormonal fluctuations then you could gradually ramp up the propionate after stopping cypionate. Similarly, you would gradually taper the propionate after resuming cypionate. I'm not sure it's worth the effort, however.

ALouis84

As VC stated.....piss poor advice!

What is it you are not understanding here?

The OP stated..... "I’m prescribed 150mg per week Testosterone Cypionate, taken with 50mg injections MWF"

You state....."Personally I would take 100mg every 2 days if I were you"

Are you serious.....telling the OP to take 300+mg/week?

We are on trt here not a low dose T-cycle!
I apologize. I just started TRT and I am on 100 mg Test c a week myself along with HCG. I would never give that advice without knowing and should have known

ALouis84

Greetings all,

I’m prescribed 150mg per week Testosterone Cypionate, taken with 50mg injections MWF, and my work sent me on short notice travel right at the time of doing my refill and of course the express refill didn’t arrive in time before my departure date. Anyway the place I’m at surprisingly had testosterone propionate available without a prescription so I bought a couple 1mL 200mg bottles, and here’s my questions:

Should I take the same dose of the Propionate version as I do at home with my Cypionate? Or should the dose be adjusted for the different half life? Finally, if I take the Propionate version for a couple weeks until I get home, could it throw me out of whack?

Everything has been going great with my prescribed protocol and the Dr. has me dialed in perfectly and now I’m worried that having to take a different version will throw everything off.

I’ll of course try calling the Dr., if I can get through from here, so that’s why I thought I’d post here and see if any know or are experienced with this because my scheduled next dose is tomorrow and I’m stressing a little bit.

Thanks for reading.

Listen. Don’t pay attention to my advice. I apologize again.

Thank you all for the input. I took the first injection on Friday morning, in the right glute, and two days later I am continuing to experience pain and swelling like I’ve never experienced before. The shot itself was normal, but about 24 hours later is when the pain and swelling kicked in. It’s literally a p.i.t.a.

Could this new pain be caused by the Propionate?

ALouis84

Wow that’s horrible! Sorry to hear that man. I will do the shots in my quads IM. I did my first ever Test Cyp shot today. I already did my two HCG shots on Friday and Saturday 250 IU. I hope you are alright. Do you take any HCG?

I’ve never experienced anything painful like this during the whole time I’ve been taking the Cypionate form. It’s either the Propionate form causing this or the way I setup the injection.

The Propionate testosterone came in a small glass jar that had to be snapped apart to break off the top. I used a syringe to draw up the oil then I transferred it to to an old Cypionate vial that I had which had maybe a drop left. My thinking was this would be a safe method to keep due to how the Propionate came in a small glass jar that had to be broke open.

There’s no redness or any visible sign of infection but it still hurts quite a bit enough where I have to take some ibuprofen to take the edge off.

I think I’ll just skip taking further injections of this alternate form and wait until I get home and resume what I’m prescribed. I’ll wind up missing a week. I just hope that doesn’t mess everything up with how I was all dialed in.

I also take HCG 2x a week but I leave it home when traveling and never had any issues going without it for a week or two. I’m just a little worried about having to miss a week of my testosterone injections, but there’s nothing I can do until I return home.

madman

Super Moderator
I’ve never experienced anything painful like this during the whole time I’ve been taking the Cypionate form. It’s either the Propionate form causing this or the way I setup the injection.

The Propionate testosterone came in a small glass jar that had to be snapped apart to break off the top. I used a syringe to draw up the oil then I transferred it to to an old Cypionate vial that I had which had maybe a drop left. My thinking was this would be a safe method to keep due to how the Propionate came in a small glass jar that had to be broke open.

There’s no redness or any visible sign of infection but it still hurts quite a bit enough where I have to take some ibuprofen to take the edge off.

I think I’ll just skip taking further injections of this alternate form and wait until I get home and resume what I’m prescribed. I’ll wind up missing a week. I just hope that doesn’t mess everything up with how I was all dialed in.

I also take HCG 2x a week but I leave it home when traveling and never had any issues going without it for a week or two. I’m just a little worried about having to miss a week of my testosterone injections, but there’s nothing I can do until I return home.

The glass jar you are referring to are called AMPULES!

Testosterone Propionate - Anabolic.org

Administration (General):

Testosterone propionate is often regarded as a painful injection. This is due to the very short carbon chain of the propionic acid ester, which can be irritating to tissues at the site of injection. Many sensitive individuals choose to stay away from this steroid completely, their bodies reacting with a pronounced soreness and low-grade fever that may last for a few days after each injection. Even the mild soreness that is experienced by most users can be quite uncomfortable, especially when you take into account that the drug is being administered multiple times each week for a number of consecutive weeks.

Thank you Madman for that info. At least now it looks like a normal reaction, in my case, to the different form. It sure was a pain though and still is, but thankfully it’s starting to recede slightly.

For the HCG, I’m taking 500mg 2x a week.

Today is shot day and now that I know that the pain has a cause, I’m debating whether or not to suck it up and destroy my left glute for few days or just wait till I get home.

Mr S

Thank you Madman for that info. At least now it looks like a normal reaction, in my case, to the different form. It sure was a pain though and still is, but thankfully it’s starting to recede slightly.

For the HCG, I’m taking 500mg 2x a week.

Today is shot day and now that I know that the pain has a cause, I’m debating whether or not to suck it up and destroy my left glute for few days or just wait till I get home.
Thanks. It seems rather the norm to inject 500mg x 2 a week

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching