Purchase hormones via GoodRX

Dryheat

I've been on TRT for approximately 2-1/2 years, with a set protocol for about 2 years, save only the recent addition of nandrolone for joint paint. My journey has been as close to perfect as I think possible. At this point I am looking to reduce my cost by purchasing my supplies through GoodRX. The problem is that my clinic, and every other clinic I've inquired with, requires the products be purchased through them.

Does anyone have an recommendations for virtual clinics that will write scripts to out-of-state pharmacies?

VacationMan

Defy Medial comes to mind. They have routinely called in prescriptions to my local pharmacy. They're in Tampa, FL and I'm near Dallas, TX.

slicktop

I've been on TRT for approximately 2-1/2 years, with a set protocol for about 2 years, save only the recent addition of nandrolone for joint paint. My journey has been as close to perfect as I think possible. At this point I am looking to reduce my cost by purchasing my supplies through GoodRX. The problem is that my clinic, and every other clinic I've inquired with, requires the products be purchased through them.

Does anyone have an recommendations for virtual clinics that will write scripts to out-of-state pharmacies?
You're not going to find that. The only way you're going to be able to go the GoodRx route is through your GP or a urologist.

Dryheat

Defy Medial comes to mind. They have routinely called in prescriptions to my local pharmacy. They're in Tampa, FL and I'm near Dallas, TX.
Nope, that's who I've been with since the start. Great practice, absolutely nothing but rave reviews from me. If I knew someone who was contemplating TRT, this is who I would send them to. I simply believe I'm on a protocol that works with minimal fussing and I would like to save 2/3 on my test by buying through my pharmacy.

HarryCat2

I was once with a TRT practitioner that would give me scripts to take to my local pharamacy, but he charged about 3 times what Defy charges for consults. TRT clinics need to make a profit one way or the other, and it seems the business model almost all have settled on is keeping consult prices on the lower side and making some profit from the meds.

52hoosier

I am with Defy. Defy will charge you for a prescription outside of Empower, Hallandale, etc. My PCP has written prescriptions for me for same meds to use at local pharmacies. Saved me a bunch on drug costs and shipping.

lunchbeast

Defy is my clinic too, and my consultant flat out refused to do that for me. He gave me the song-and-dance about legal issues, which I had already investigated and eliminated prior to asking.

One of the toughest things with TRT and the medical community is getting a Dr to prescribe T if you're not "low" by the numbers. This is where TRT clinics save the day because they treat/prescribe symptoms. I got lucky with a local Urologist but unlucky with insurance. Anyway, for those who aren't as lucky with a Urologist/Endo/PCP at the beginning of their TRT quest and have to go the route of a TRT clinic, I've read several accounts whereby Urologists and PCPs will accept your TRT clinic's diagnosis/treatment. Using Good Rx, my monthly T Cyp costs about $8.00 out of pocket private pay (i.e. uncovered by insurance). I administer 100mg/week.

VacationMan

Defy is my clinic too, and my consultant flat out refused to do that for me. He gave me the song-and-dance about legal issues, which I had already investigated and eliminated prior to asking.
Defy does charge a fee for calling a prescription into a pharmacy local to you. I'd call back and ask to speak with a different consultant. Get in contact with Melissa or Michael (they're both Dr. Saya's PAs) - those two are awesome to work with. If Christee were still there, she would do this for you in a heartbeat.

Vman

Defy does charge a fee for calling a prescription into a pharmacy local to you. I'd call back and ask to speak with a different consultant. Get in contact with Melissa or Michael (they're both Dr. Saya's PAs) - those two are awesome to work with. If Christee were still there, she would do this for you in a heartbeat.
Defy will not call in prescriptions for Testosterone to a local pharmacy unless it is in Florida. They will only call in non-controlled substance prescriptions to a local pharmacy for a fee that are out of state.

I have the same issue with them. I used to use GoodRx at my local pharmacy for T Cyp and it cost me roughly $12/mo. My doc recently retired so I switched to Defy and now my compounded T Cyp costs significantly more through Empower.

Defy will not call in prescriptions for Testosterone to a local pharmacy unless it is in Florida. They will only call in non-controlled substance prescriptions to a local pharmacy for a fee that are out of state.

I have the same issue with them. I used to use GoodRx at my local pharmacy for T Cyp and it cost me roughly $12/mo. My doc recently retired so I switched to Defy and now my compounded T Cyp costs significantly more through Empower.
Curious why your Dr. didn't transfer or refer you to another Dr so you could continue with GoodRx?

Vman

Curious why your Dr. didn't transfer or refer you to another Dr so you could continue with GoodRx?
My doc was a general physician that was mentored by Dr. Neal Rouzier so he started offering TRT to his patients several years ago. He was an amazing doc that would have gladly transferred my prescription to another doc, but there just aren't many docs that offer TRT to their patients that are not part of a specialized clinic (either anti-aging or hormone replacement).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts